IGNORED

City Sms Service

SuperFly2002

Is it just me, or has the BCFC txt service stopped ?

I used to get all transfer news, club news ect via the sms system just prior to it being anounced to everyone else (albeit just a few minutes). I havent canceled my subscription or anything daft like that, it just doesnt come through anymore ?

I think it used to run through a company called Premium TV or something. Ive checked the "BCFC Player Website" and looked up my account details, but it doesnt say anything about the SMS anymore and I'm sure thats who used to do it.

I did hear or read somewhere that BCFC where moving away from Premium TV and I'm wondering if this is the reason for the lack of Txt's.

Anyone else have a similar issue ?

Sorry if this has already been covered off on another thread . . . . .

Although money doesn't go to the club (not sure if it does with SMS alerts either to be fair, rather than in Premier TV's pockets), I'd recommend signing up to twitter, following @bcfctweets and signing up for mobile alerts from them, which is free, and realistically only means that you find out a few minutes later anyway!

The only thing minor annoyance with that is that they retweet all fan posts, which means that you could end up with 7 or 8 text messages from i.e. @City_fan21 saying "Come on you reds". Annoying because everytime a message comes through and you see it's from twitter, you automatically get excited thinking there's some news, and instead it's just some bloke I don't know making a comment that I wouldn't otherwise have been bothered to read because it's not actually saying anything! (Sorry....that's just my grouchy side)

Although money doesn't go to the club (not sure if it does with SMS alerts either to be fair, rather than in Premier TV's pockets), I'd recommend signing up to twitter, following @bcfctweets and signing up for mobile alerts from them, which is free, and realistically only means that you find out a few minutes later anyway!

The only thing minor annoyance with that is that they retweet all fan posts, which means that you could end up with 7 or 8 text messages from i.e. @City_fan21 saying "Come on you reds". Annoying because everytime a message comes through and you see it's from twitter, you automatically get excited thinking there's some news, and instead it's just some bloke I don't know making a comment that I wouldn't otherwise have been bothered to read because it's not actually saying anything! (Sorry....that's just my grouchy side)

Sorry for being stupid. How do you set them up for mobile alerts?

Sorry for being stupid. How do you set them up for mobile alerts?

I think it's somewhere in your personal settings which allows for mobile alerts, and then you go to your list of people you follow and I think there's a mobile icon or something there....it's been a while since I set this up, so not 100% sure....there should be some guidance on the site I'd imagine.... Sorry....not a huge amount of help there was I?!?

I think it's somewhere in your personal settings which allows for mobile alerts, and then you go to your list of people you follow and I think there's a mobile icon or something there....it's been a while since I set this up, so not 100% sure....there should be some guidance on the site I'd imagine.... Sorry....not a huge amount of help there was I?!?

That was a great help thanks. Think I've sorted it.

Archived