IGNORED

Adomah Bid

Rednready

I had put the following on the Pitman thread which is from Sky Sports via The Mirror......

Bristol City risk losing forwards Brett Pitman and Albert Adomah. The Daily Mirror reports that Adomah is the subject of interest from Middlesbrough, while Burnley boss Eddie Howe is keen on adding Pitman.

If true, and we bring in 2 or 3 of Baldock, Buszaky and Davies taking into account we also brought in Andersen, I can see this as good business albeit very sad to see Adomah and Pitman go

Albert going to Boro? Maybe in January if they were flying at the top of the table, but if not surely he has to aspire to a move to a Premier League team. Given how they have radically restructured post relegation etc with falling gates being widely publicised, I'd be surprised if hey were currently better payers either. Can't see this happening, myself.

''Albert will certainly not be off to Boro of that I think you can be sure'' well either it's a cert or not, and why would we not sell him to another Championship club? Boro are huge....and for £2m we would sell, just as long Del knows we can replace/strengthen, and that's the rub, Del has proved he will not sell or buy unless it enhances the squad, he has cut the playing staff, and has made what looks like very good additions.

Don't think Albert is ready for the Prem, and to cut it in that league as a winger, you have to be exceptional.

We would not sell for 2 million thats a fact,

We've turned down a rumoured 3 million from Swansea we are not going to accept less, He is also happy and settled at city which is a massive bonus,

We will sell him but I doubt for anything less then 3.5 million

Albert will certainly not be off to Boro, of that I think you can be sure. Though do not rule him moving before deadline day in August to the Prem. More likely though is the exit of Pitman, with 2 strikers coming in. Despite all of the long winded debate on other threads, Pitman does not fit in with our plans, and if he can be moved on to make way with players that match how we wish to play, he will be gone.

I agree Albert to Boro is unlikely. I am not sure how you can say Pitman doesn't fit in with our plans without knowing what those plans are. It would be a mistake to think that our strategy this season will be similar to last season's relegation battle. From what we heard from Saints fans, McInnes has favoured 442 a lot, Morris is apparently the type of all rounder that can hold his own in a midfield two and I'm pretty sure Anderson is more wide midfielder than winger. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us starting with Stead and Pitman, and although I wouldn't go much on pre-season last night's match report seemed to indicate a lot of good interplay between them and it's a combination that hasn't had much of a chance so far.

I agree Albert to Boro is unlikely. I am not sure how you can say Pitman doesn't fit in with our plans without knowing what those plans are. It would be a mistake to think that our strategy this season will be similar to last season's relegation battle. From what we heard from Saints fans, McInnes has favoured 442 a lot, Morris is apparently the type of all rounder that can hold his own in a midfield two and I'm pretty sure Anderson is more wide midfielder than winger. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us starting with Stead and Pitman, and although I wouldn't go much on pre-season last night's match report seemed to indicate a lot of good interplay between them and it's a combination that hasn't had much of a chance so far.

I would.

The Sporting Life site is very closely connected to Sky Bet (and by implication Sky Sports). I think that says it all. It's August so they're posting anything to get the pre-season hype going.

Well spotted any links to Odds checker leads you on to The Sporting Life site and Sporting Bet then surprise a whole range of any Football related bets.

Albert will certainly not be off to Boro, of that I think you can be sure. Though do not rule him moving before deadline day in August to the Prem. More likely though is the exit of Pitman, with 2 strikers coming in. Despite all of the long winded debate on other threads, Pitman does not fit in with our plans, and if he can be moved on to make way with players that match how we wish to play, he will be gone. Enough has been seen of him by different managers to suggest there is something that does not convince them, and that is what counts. If it is Davies and Baldock coming in, then we should not be worried. If Buzasky is also coming in, then we will have a much improved squad. However, where is the central defender, that was the core of our defensive problems, and until Amougu arived, we were going down. Until the central defender is here... we are not sorted.

Without being too long winded, hopefully.

Del has said he means to play 442 when he can this season - he has stated it to be his preferred option.

Stead and Pitman have linked very well when played together.

We know what we will get from Pitman, he will score at this level.

Baldock and/or Davies are unknown quantities as far as BCFC are concerned, they may settle well and be a success, they may not.

They may continue to struggle with injuries.

If we sell Adomah and Pitman - two of our most potent players - we are counting on all replacements to gel and be outstanding successes immediately to make up for their departures.

That's asking a lot.

You quote me on three words, and perhaps in hindsight I should not said huge, but they are a big club, stadium, location, and a pretty good history, so splitting hairs?

However I think we are all kidding ourselves when we think that Albert will attract more than £2m in the present climate, I would prefer Baldock over Albert any day we have struggled for goals for a few seasons, besides his form has not been too good of late,so £2m would be about right.

The club has a valuation for him and if another club meet that he will be sold (providing terms are agreed) as Albert has 2 and a half years (at least) left on his contract his value will be alot higher way above what is seen as market value which is why people are saying he won't go for 2 mill

Also remember as part of the tribunal we will owe Barnet a 15% chunk of that ( think some one correct me if I'm wrong) so our price will be at least 15% higher then it should be

I don't get people saying we should playing this formation or that formation,

It doesn't matter people a good team will adapt their formation to counter the team they are playing say if many you came here and went 4-3-3 we would prob play 5-4-1 to counter as they are stronger then us we would try and hit them on the break,

If Barnet came here we would play 4-3-3 and use our strength to attack them and they would counter us,

Its all about adapting to the situation you are faced with on the pitch which is why strikers and midfielders never stick to a single postion they move around trying to create gaps etc

Without being too long winded, hopefully.

Del has said he means to play 442 when he can this season - he has stated it to be his preferred option.

Stead and Pitman have linked very well when played together.

We know what we will get from Pitman, he will score at this level.

Baldock and/or Davies are unknown quantities as far as BCFC are concerned, they may settle well and be a success, they may not.

They may continue to struggle with injuries.

If we sell Adomah and Pitman - two of our most potent players - we are counting on all replacements to gel and be outstanding successes immediately to make up for their departures.

That's asking a lot.

Agree completely with this post. I think we should be adding to Pitman and Adomah rather than replacing them. They are proven players at this level and have good injury records. I won't go into the Pitman debate too much as he polarises opinion but he can score goals and create them for others. Adomah has been one of our best players these past 2 years and arguably our most creative outlet. To sell them both and bank on new signings hitting the ground running is a big gamble. I think we need 4 strikers (including Pitman), so the addition of Baldock/Davies is essential imo, and I really rate Bolasie but are we really expecting to sell Adomah and ask him to perform week in week out?

You don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Archived