IGNORED

Little Lee's Interview On City I-Player

Bristolface

Any one else listened to Lee Johnson interview after the Killie game from the tour, got back last night so just going through the interviews and highlights from the games, and thought no matter what your opinion on him is what a top nice bloke he comes across, he got a great reception from the City fan's at the game spent alot of time chatting before and after with players and fan's. He said how much he loved bristol and felt very proud to have played for us, even at times with his dad being boss it was hard, moved back to scotland to play in a top league and have a chance of european football, and joked shame they changed the rules about the Scottish cup as other wise they would have qualified. Said he is doing his coaching badges and by May will be ready if called apon for a job and joked again be a laugh if Dad worked for me as director of football up here. it would be the Midget mafia. The Killie fans I spoke to said how much they all liked him and I did chat to alot, guess when you put in the pass that the goal comes from to win a cup it can help mind haha.

Yeah I seen the interview soon. Being a joker must run in the family as Gary always tried to make people laugh with interviews.

Gary and Lee were both top guy's who did there best for this football club and helped bring us some years we can look back on with pride and with some very happy memories.

Gary still lives here, Lee got property here amounting to millions. Of course neither of them are gona slag the team or fans off. Give Lee his due, he did put up with a lot of stick especially as Dad was boss. But rest assured, they both live in a Dog eat Dog world and would have no scruples about slagging us off in the future, if it benefited them.

I always remember him signing programs during the warm up before a game (watford I think...) and talking to the kids and one lad said "I'll give you a tenner if you score!" and sure enough he did (maybe his last goal for city?) and he ran up to the kid with a massive smile on his face, pointing and rubbing his thumb over his hand! He may not have been the most popular player but he was a top bloke off the field!

All normal fans never gave Lee any personal abuse . I and many others felt at times Lee should not have been playing as there was better players in the squad. I never had any axe to grind against Lee or Gary , my and Im sure others opinions are based on footballing reasons only.

I know a couple of the players and they have always spoke about what a good bloke Lee was and he was liked by everyone at the club.

Good luck Lee with your badges and you.never know in a few years when we are looking for a new manager........

He seems an OK guy, but the after-the-events deification of Little Lee into a superb player amazes me. He wasn't good enough at this level and Gary's major failing was not recognising this.

Exactly! Now he's gone it's like we had Xavi in our midfield! He just wasn't good enough and McInnies saw that along with 99% of Ashton Gate.

His selection was purely nepotism.

Top pro and nice bloke no doubt. Still remember times when i was sure he should be dropped only to see him play another 90 mins the following week. Never really slagged the guy off but can't help but think of the word nepotism everytime his name comes up. Best of luck to him but im happy he's moved on.

Archived