IGNORED

Hereford 2 Bristol City 0 Friday August 3Rd.....

Mr Mosquito

......365 supporters at Edgar Street yesterday evening for this game. Not well publicized so there were just 9 City fans there in the away end !!!!!!....a club record low for an away attendance?

Anyway, ex City lad Marlon Jackson stole the show with an impressive performance and a good goal. Marlon had Jamaica national flag wristbands on but Usain Bolt and Blake could each beat him for pace when running backwards. :worship2: Another ex City - Simon Clist - in the Hereford midfield together with ex Gas Harry Pell who got Hereford's second goal from a penalty.

Don't worry about the score because all our lads were the 'Bristol City development under 21 side' led by Willie McStay. Page 5 of the match programme states that the Hereford manager would be watching our under 21 players closely in the hope of doing a deal to take them to Hereford. One or two of our under 21 players might make an impact for Hereford in the Conference division but I wasn't too impressed with any of them to be honest.

Clear indication that we are trying to get Damion Stewart out as he played along with Joe Edwards, Bobby Reid and Lewis Carey.

The rest must be academy lads because I didn't recognise any names at all.

Clear indication that we are trying to get Damion Stewart out as he played along with Joe Edwards, Bobby Reid and Lewis Carey.

The rest must be academy lads because I didn't recognise any names at all.

Joe Bryan and Jamal Simms might make a decent impact for Hereford at Conference level. As for the rest of the side out yesterday evening, I'm scratching my head wondering why they're at this club. At the end of the day, we're a Championship club and the academy/ under 21 players out yesterday evening should have made a far better showing against Hereford that is a Conference division club. Willie McStay has a huge task in trying to bridge the gap between our first team and the youth setup at Ashton Gate. That is his mandate and a very big task given the standard of our players against Hereford yesterday evening.

Disgraceful defending in the very brief highlights.

And it wasn't good seeing City players just watching the penalty with hands on hips - no chasing the ball in just in case. The Weymouth players did though. Basic stuff really...

With time running out before the start of the season it seems pretty unprofessional given the attitude of our club toward the Weymouth and Hereford friendlies. It was £10 to watch the Hereford v City game with not one regular first team City player making even a cameo appearance.

Joe Bryan and Jamal Simms might make a decent impact for Hereford at Conference level. As for the rest of the side out yesterday evening, I'm scratching my head wondering why they're at this club. At the end of the day, we're a Championship club and the academy/ under 21 players out yesterday evening should have made a far better showing against Hereford that is a Conference division club. Willie McStay has a huge task in trying to bridge the gap between our first team and the youth setup at Ashton Gate. That is his mandate and a very big task given the standard of our players against Hereford yesterday evening.

A lot of the team were trialists for the new under 21 side.

At the moment the club is short of players in the 18-21 age group, you can only play 3 over age players, therefore a big recruiting process is underway

A lot of the team were trialists for the new under 21 side.

At the moment the club is short of players in the 18-21 age group, you can only play 3 over age players, therefore a big recruiting process is underway

We're way behind rival Championship clubs like Watford in that respect. Watford put out a side at Ashton Gate that beat us last season with about five under 21s/ Watford academy players !!!!!

Why not try contacting Bristol University and the University of the West of England? There are bound to be athletes/ decent footballers at those Universities in the 18-21 year age group that are well capable of playing football to a high standard. Students on the sports science courses and related sports courses could be a good bet. The club might unearth a real gem.

Archived