IGNORED

Season Hopes

Redrobbin

Would like to get your angle on the season ahead.

Without getting to carried away, with the pre-season going very well ( compared with previous tours) .

A sound level headed manager in charge.

With his first full season in charge, continuing we're he left off from last season,by first and for most getting the team organised and difficult to beat.

And then the goals will come, although our current strikers are not finding the net quite that freely if the rovers game is anything to go by.(all the goals coming from midfield).

So as we all are at this stage,I'm quietly optimistic about the forth coming campaign.

I think a top 10 finish this season,and who knows from there. !

Your thoughts please . C.T.I.D.

Yeah im very optomistic! I think a lot of concerns over the past few pre-season has been the dis-orginisation and lack of

preperation. But this season the players seem organised and motivated. The players we have brought in seem to be very shrewd signings. If we can get a real goal scorer in i really do hope we have a good season. I trust and like Del's judgement and what he's trying to do its early days but im very optomistic!

Same thinking for me. But please not exclude the transfers, we still need Baldock a CB and maybe if the financial situation allows us to sign a creative midfielder will be great, and we have chanches to finish in top 10 :D and maybe more...

Think we will do better this season. The left side is stronger, we dont have to pass Albert all the time. Morris hopefully the player we need in mf. Some more good signings make City stronger. Last 8 games showed that we were a team hard to beat. If the players have the right attitude and work hard all the way think its gonna be good. Think DM dont accept anything else from the players. The other teams are not Bayern or Barca, but its a hard leauge anyway. Really hope that we can have a good start this season. My hope is that City will be play good football, and if we do that, the points are coming. Defence is the key and think that part of the team is stronger this season, a cb is wanted,but dont know if he is coming. Carey and Nyatanga? Mcgivern is gone, to slow Imo. All and all, think we be midtable. My wishes is offcause top six, he he. But not realistic whe we think of last season. Football is football so you never know. COYR

I'd be delighted with anywhere in mid table, 16th or higher, away from relegation and I fully expect us to achieve that.

Throw in a few good games, an improvement in the goals scored column and the introduction of a youngster or 2 would be superb!!

Would love to be around the bottom end of the top half but i reckon we'll end up at the top end of the bottom half. Either way would clearly be an improvement on last season and would leave me feeling confident about where we were heading with delboy as boss.

Unless we get a striker who can finish and a centre back (or two) who can defend properly, I think we'll have a season much like last season.

The pre-season is much more professional under McInnes and this may mean we don't start the season as badly as last, but I just can't see us improving without that front player and the all important defender - what we have just isn't good enough at the moment and McInnes can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear. I fully support the manager but I think the same players will let him down, I don't trust them.

The signings are ok, nothing more than that, and I wouldn't expect anything other than that given the finances.

So, for me, I think we may well drop into League One - unless we recruit those two/three players, and then I'd say we can stay in the division.

If we reflect on last season, it would be fair to say we should have not been in the situation we were in the first place.

I feel a lot of our home games we were very unlucky not to grap the points on numerous occasions. Not helped by players switching off at crucial times, but we did also have a few game changing wrong descions by the match officials.

We as fans didn't help the situation getting very frustrated, when teams scored first etc.

This of course filtered down to the players.

I'm sure by mid season they dreaded home games!

As you know this league is tight even tighter last season. Two more wins that season and we would be saying "what relegation dogfight?"

I think the lads all in all turned it on at the right time ( with dels guidance).

I'm sure we will not have a repeat of last season.

I feel more confident of us doing well with a decent pre season and del getting his own stamp on the team. I do feel though we still need to sure up a cb and if we can get baldock as well who knows! Would be happy with upper mid table with the strenght of the league.

I feel a lot depends on who else we sign .The major worry for me is the lack of a centre half at this late stage. Highlighted as a priority , why haven't we signed one.It should have been the first signing not the last. Without one , we know the defence we have will not cut it in this division.

Having said that I think we are in a lot better position than last year. If the defence is sorted I think mid table is achievable.

Hopefully top half, playing some decent football, improving.

I don't think we'll be in trouble particularly with a couple more signings (and remember Derek McInnes got enough points on average to be much higher with last season's players).

No illusions of promotion this time round, already think of it as building for a proper go the season after.

6th .James Wilson player of the season.

Wouldn't be supprised to see McInnes not sign another CB and go with Wilson at the start of the season, on saturday when Carey came off it was Wilson who came on, not moving Mark Wilson to centre back or anything. And I think J.Wilson could make the step up to being a championship standard centre back.

Wouldn't be supprised to see McInnes not sign another CB and go with Wilson at the start of the season, on saturday when Carey came off it was Wilson who came on, not moving Mark Wilson to centre back or anything. And I think J.Wilson could make the step up to being a championship standard centre back.

not sure if i agree with this, wilson is a good player but seems to have lapses of concentration that cost him. The the first thing he did on saturday was let a rovers player get goal side and he was lucky they didnt have a clear goal scoring oportunity from it. I would much prefer us to sign an experienced cb to partner fonts and have wilson as back up.

I agree this is a likely scenario. We do have 4 fit centre halves at the moment (not withstanding Stewart), all with substantial experience. Del will still have till the end of August to get someone if he wants. A mobile goalscorer is definitely the no. 1 priority and the Gas game showed this - we would have scored 6 with one of those. Maybe he is thinking that Wilson as RB would create a better balance. Good to see that Joe Bryan is the no 2 left back. He gives me the impression he will make it as a pro, unlike Edwards.

A season that is comfortable from the threat of relegation whilst hopefully playing more attractive football than we have over the last few years. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Scoring more goals than we have in our last 5 seasons would also be nice as I'm not sure there will be many teams in the football league who have scored less than us since we got promotion to this division.

I agree this is a likely scenario. We do have 4 fit centre halves at the moment (not withstanding Stewart), all with substantial experience. Del will still have till the end of August to get someone if he wants. A mobile goalscorer is definitely the no. 1 priority and the Gas game showed this - we would have scored 6 with one of those. Maybe he is thinking that Wilson as RB would create a better balance. Good to see that Joe Bryan is the no 2 left back. He gives me the impression he will make it as a pro, unlike Edwards.

In competitive games if we do end up with Mark Wilson I could see Foster being the utitlity sub for both RB and LB. However, do have plenty of flexible defenders J.Wilson/Carey can both play if they have to, Foster RB/LB, Nyatanga and Fonts can both go LB.

Agree definitly need another goalscoring striker, can't go into a season with 3 strikers.

Archived