IGNORED

Swansea Manager Wants Smaller Squad - Time For Dobbie Bid?

redeye

With the new Swansea manager insisting he wants a squad of 23 (or thereabouts) does this open the door for Del to make a bid for Dobbie?

With his style of play and goal-scoring pedigree, I feel he would be an asset to our squad, and also compliment our pre-season, improved flowing passing game.

Haven't seen it but mate text me this morning saying that in the people today, the Albert to Swansea for 2 million plus Dobbie story is being ran again.

Even better if we gain Dobbie and keep hold of Albert, especially as his pre-season form bodes well.

If Swansea don't get Albert, I reckon another Prem team will come in for him, getting Dobbie as some form of deal would be good for us.

I agree - we have to accept it if Albert wants to leave, and ensure we obtain the best deal possible.

Why on earth would we want Dobbie? He's a 29 yr old 5ft8 striker who has played most of his career north of the border, and managed only one in five in his brief stint at this level. He'd want top wages, and be worth nothing at the end of his contract. I can't see any reason he'd be on our list.

Why on earth would we want Dobbie? He's a 29 yr old 5ft8 striker who has played most of his career north of the border, and managed only one in five in his brief stint at this level. He'd want top wages, and be worth nothing at the end of his contract. I can't see any reason he'd be on our list.

Because he gets the job done in this division, he can play attacking midfielder/striker so gives Del some flexability on formations. If he can agree a wage thats within us then he would be a cracking signing for us.

Because he gets the job done in this division, he can play attacking midfielder/striker so gives Del some flexability on formations. If he can agree a wage thats within us then he would be a cracking signing for us.

What's that based on? I can't see him being value for money at all.

What's that based on? I can't see him being value for money at all.

On loan to Blackpool in their promotion season 16 games 4 goals

Swansea's promotion season 9 goals

Joined Blackpool on loan in March last season 5 goals in 7 games on way to play off final

he also generally gets a good few assists.

DOES Albert want to leave? I thought he was happy here.

He's probably happy to play at this level, however its hard for players to say no if teams from the prem come asking, so we would have to prepare ourselves to let him go unlike Maynard last season where we continued to hold hope he'd stay

On loan to Blackpool in their promotion season 16 games 4 goals

Swansea's promotion season 9 goals

Joined Blackpool on loan in March last season 5 goals in 7 games on way to play off final

he also generally gets a good few assists.

Well fair enough, I don't think that's anywhere near enough for a six figure fee, presumably with a three year contract and high end wages to go with it, and no resale value. For that kind of outlay I reckon we can do miles better.

I think Albert would be hard pushed to cut it in the Premierleague so he should stay!!

Somehow I think he could do it. He's got enough flair to beat a few players, at any level based on his dramatic rise through the ranks, and he's the sort of cult hero that everyone loves. If he could score a few more, happy days! I'd have him over some of the Premier league wingers anyday!

Somehow I think he could do it. He's got enough flair to beat a few players, at any level based on his dramatic rise through the ranks, and he's the sort of cult hero that everyone loves. If he could score a few more, happy days! I'd have him over some of the Premier league wingers anyday!

Like who out of interest? I think if he improves his finishing and final ball he'd stand more of a chance.

• Admin

Well fair enough, I don't think that's anywhere near enough for a six figure fee, presumably with a three year contract and high end wages to go with it, and no resale value. For that kind of outlay I reckon we can do miles better.

He generally plays a little deeper, behind his strike partner and fans from Blackpool & Swansea say a lot of good things about his performances at this level.

Like who out of interest? I think if he improves his finishing and final ball he'd stand more of a chance.

Michael Kightley, on recent form Downing (unrealistic I know, but Albert excites me as a player more than downing ever has), not sure who Villa have on the wing other than Albrighton, Wayne Routledge, Beausejour of wigan, Joe Cole even! Mind has gone a bit blank other than that but will keep you posted!

Michael Kightley, on recent form Downing (unrealistic I know, but Albert excites me as a player more than downing ever has), not sure who Villa have on the wing other than Albrighton, Wayne Routledge, Beausejour of wigan, Joe Cole even! Mind has gone a bit blank other than that but will keep you posted!

You would rather have albert than Joe Cole??!

Archived