IGNORED

Woolford - Now Or Never

glastonred

I'm surprised to such a dismissive comment about a player who has clearly been improving since the last few games of last season. He admits that he's not produced his best form at City but is determined to show us what he's capable of.

You should know that some players take a season to settle into a new club. Drogda did very little in his first season at Chelsea and look how he turned out. I see no reason why Woolford can't re-produce the form he showed at Scunny. McInnes obviously rates him and he'll get some starts to show what he's capable of.

I don't agree he's been improving, at least not very much in terms of end product, and I don't think 18 months is a settling in period. I wouldn't assume McInnes rates him either given Anderson's signing, but he's on the wage bill so he'll be used if needed. I suspect we will have him this season and next season he'll move to a league one side. We'll see - and I hope I'm wrong because he seems a nice guy with a good attitude.

To be honest I'd move him on right now were there the opportunity, he loses the ball far too much. He's not going to come good suddenly after 18 months and I expect Anderson will start ahead of him.

I don't really buy that he played better towards the end of last season, he showed more effort but the end product wasn't markedly different.

Agreed. Although he scored yesterday he still wasn't impressive. Continually tucks inside when we've the ball and takes the wrong option nine times out of ten. Can knock his work rate though. Just hasn't worked out for him IMO.

I think the signing of Paul Anderson has given him more impotence to play as well as he can, he's under more pressure and has looked very good in pre-season linking up with midfield and cutting inside letting Cunningham get a clear run forward, he has the right attitude and can see him performing a lot better in a better passing and defensive side!

yeah I do, I'm sorry! :smartass:

always been a fan of Woolford, can see him coming good.

You mean 'cumming'?

Dirty dogg!

One of a few who actually rate Woolford.

Hasn't done a lot for us so far but believe that will change. Yes, I think that Anderson Will be first choice with Pearson depending on formation bit Wooly has still got something to offer IMO. Yes it was only R****s SaturdAy but when he Faked the pass and then dropped his shoulder and left the player for dead was a little bit of class, something I reckon we will seemore of from him this season....

Having watched a lot of his performances towards the end of last season i would say he is very much a confidence player who on his day is decent at this level. For whatever reason he hasnt performed how he can but i think we got a glimpse of what he can do the back end of last season, hes no albert adomah running down the wing but looks to play clever passes and puts balls into dangerous areas. I think he will at least be in the squad competing with anderson if not starting this year.

A confident Woolford potentially adds 10 goals per season from midfield. Something we lacked least season. Clearly he can finish and that's something that is difficult to teach. Pearson, for example, gets in great positions but squanders too many opportunities. You only get so many chances per game and you want the chances to fall to players who can finish. Albert also needs to work on finishing or giving the final ball to a finisher. Either that or using his ability to take on players inside the box and winning penalties.

I agree Woolford is a confidence player so let's get behind him. A naturally left footed 10 goals a season midfielder is a rare breed and I think Mcinnes recognises that. I'd certainly play him before Pearson. We will have a stronger left side this season and that can only help Woolford.

Certainly looking to seing how our left side performs this season. Think Pearson will play alot at CM as well and looking forward to seeing linking play between Cunningham/Woolford/Pearson.

Genuinely think Pearson could get most assists this coming season, as highlighted above he gets himself into plenty of good positions and from the highlights of the pre season games is good at playing balls around the edge of the box.

Scored 2 times last season (yes I'm including the forest goal) which is on par with the likes of Pearson etc with arguably less game time.

Could easily get 5 goals plus.....while I can't see his alround game improving a lot, he will get the off goal, which could be vital.

I think that Woolford had an impressive game on Saturday and looked like a new signing, playing with a degree of confidence that has clearly been lacking since he joined us.

I can see Wooly starting more of the away games where we might be looking to keep things a bit tighter, whereas Anderson (who also looked useful on Saturday) will start more home games, where we require more af an attacking impotence impetus!

Wooly clearly seems to have benefited from a decent pre season, so lets hope that he carries than into the new season and proves a few people (including me) wrong!

Woolford needs a run of games, he is very similar to Pitman in this success.

The only way to get yourself out of a bad run of form is to try a play through it.

But a manager will only stick with a player so long, and rightly so.

I am hoping Woolford gets a run at the start of the season, so we can see what he can do. Just imagine if we had the Bob Taylor of his last year with us when he first started! he would probably have got the same abuse as Woolford has got. We all know Taylor no where near that bad, and is still a legend. Woolford still has time to find that Scunny form, I'm hoping he does it.

Scored 2 times last season (yes I'm including the forest goal) which is on par with the likes of Pearson etc with arguably less game time.

Could easily get 5 goals plus.....while I can't see his alround game improving a lot, he will get the off goal, which could be vital.

The Forest goal was offside, it did not count.

Archived