IGNORED

England 3Rd In Fifa Rankings

Calculus

But they do already do this! Hence why Spain are top and Uruguay (Copa America champs) are the highest South American team.

I'm guessing the Olympics won't count. as it's an under 23 comp.

No they don't. You just get more points for a win in the Euros than in a friendly. See this: http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html

Spain got the same for a first round win than they did for their final.

No they don't. You just get more points for a win in the Euros than in a friendly. See this: http://www.fifa.com/...dure/index.html

Spain got the same for a first round win than they did for their final.

Not quite true because there's a modifier for strength of opposition and you (generally) face higher ranked teams in the latter stages of a tournament.

But they do already do this! Hence why Spain are top and Uruguay (Copa America champs) are the highest South American team.

I'm guessing the Olympics won't count. as it's an under 23 comp.

The olympics wont count because its the FIFA ranking and the Olympics are not goverend by FIFA.

The olympics wont count because its the FIFA ranking and the Olympics are not goverend by FIFA.

I think in a way it is a FIFA competition, as in the Olympics, each sporting governing body (eg IAAF for athletics), is in charge of the rules of their respective event. But it won't count for FIFA rankings.

I think in a way it is a FIFA competition, as in the Olympics, each sporting governing body (eg IAAF for athletics), is in charge of the rules of their respective event. But it won't count for FIFA rankings.

Yea sorry you could be right actually! Do under 21s have their own rankings? The olympic football being under 23s may be unfair on rankings?

Not quite true because there's a modifier for strength of opposition and you (generally) face higher ranked teams in the latter stages of a tournament.

True but they'd have got exactly the same points had they beaten Italy at group stage than in the finals.

Archived