IGNORED

The 'i'm Positive About This Season' Thread

BCFCfan

Fed up of all the negative crap, so i think a new thread is in order.

Anyone that went to the Southampton game shoul clearly be able to see we are in a FAR FAR FAR better place that 12 months ago. A load of high earning crap gone and a number of proven, young hungry players brought in.

We will sign a few more, no doubt, who knows when, but it will happen.

Be positive people, smile a bit, you'll feel better for it. :)

Fed up of all the negative crap, so i think a new thread is in order.

Anyone that went to the Southampton game shoul clearly be able to see we are in a FAR FAR FAR better place that 12 months ago. A load of high earning crap gone and a number of proven, young hungry players brought in.

We will sign a few more, no doubt, who knows when, but it will happen.

Be positive people, smile a bit, you'll feel better for it. :)

I agree, and I think getting Jody Morris in will prove to be an excellent bit of business.

Yep I agree, the Southampton game was a real eye opener for me. Its easy to get downhearted when nothings happening and there hasn't been a transfer in a few weeks, but for the majority of that game apart from the first 20 mins I thought we dominated that game, we looked fitter and very well organised. Pre season isnt just about new signing and it looks like the squad are well up for the start of the season. I can see us making a fast start which should take some pressure of the players. I think with the current squad we will be able to get mid table even without a centre back or striker. I'd be quite happy for del to wait and get a loan form the prem when their 25 man squads have been named.

The fallout from Copell cannot be underestimated. Keith did what he could but was left with a squad of overpaid 'names' and couldnt get anywhere near the best our of what we had. We still stayed in the league easily come the end with Del's instant impact and good work in the transfer market.

He has us fitter, more hungry and more prepared. A proper manager that's had time to change the club from top to bottom and we are seeing the benefit.

A predict a stonking win against the Gills (remember the previous two years first round exists, so painful!) and that will push us on to a good start in the league. Somethign we have not had for a long time.

I'm alot more positive this season then I was last season,

Last season our pre-season was Amateurish we were tactically inept and I had no faith in the manager what so ever,

this season we look professional I have complete faith in the manager and we've had a good pre-season,

I'm looking forward to it 10th place here we come baby

I agree, and I think getting Jody Morris in will prove to be an excellent bit of business.

Tut tut. To post on this forum you need to think that he is too old, has an attitude problem, has only performed at around non league level for the last 5 years and has secret nudie pictures of Del, as that is the only reason that he gets to play in his teams.

Oh, hang on.... No, apparently it's ok to like him now that some of us have actually seen him kick a football!

As you were.....!

Tut tut. To post on this forum you need to think that he is too old, has an attitude problem, has only performed at around non league level for the last 5 years and has secret nudie pictures of Del, as that is the only reason that he gets to play in his teams.

Oh, hang on.... No, apparently it's ok to like him now that some of us have actually seen him kick a football!

As you were.....!

Not just a football :)

Must admit I am quietly confident about the season. Before the start of pre-season I was expecting somewhere around 17th/18th, but watching the friendlies (not that you should evertake too much from friendlies) it would appear that we are at least trying to play a much better brand of football this season and the new signings all look decent players. Morris in particular on Tuesday night really looked like the type of player we've been crying out for, somebody who will help us keep the ball better than we have over the last few seasons while also looking to play the killer pass when the opportunity arises.

Obviously we all know which two areas we are still looking to strengthen and I would say getting the right player to partner Fontaine in defence is particularly crucial. But if we manage to bring in the right player there and a quick striker that McInnes is obviously looking for then I think it is all coming together quite nicely. From what I have seen of Mark Wilson I think he could be an excellent addition as well, but I'm not really sure what the situation is there!

I would say that keeping Albert is crucial, he wasn't great for the last few months of last season, but he is our one player that will always strike fear into the opposition no matter how badly he is playing. As we all know, if he can produce the form he showed over his first 18 months at the club (an on Tuesday night) we have a very special player on our hands who will always carry a threat to the oppostion.

Realistically I would say that all we can hope for is mid table security whilst hopefully playing slightly more attractive football and scoring a few more goals than we have over the last few years, but who knows if we bring in the two players we need, get a bit of luck and get ourselves on a roll than we could have a shot at the play-offs.

As you were.....!

I'll admit that the fact he's been in Scotland for the last four years and his age didn't fill me with a great deal of optimism. Now I've seen him twice, I've no doubts he'll be a real asset this season. He was by far the best player on the pitch Tuesday.

I'll admit that the fact he's been in Scotland for the last four years and his age didn't fill me with a great deal of optimism. Now I've seen him twice, I've no doubts he'll be a real asset this season. He was by far the best player on the pitch Tuesday.

Del certainly has an eye for a player.

Sir I saute you, I also am positive better manager better energy and quality added, dead wood removed. And it could get better.

Great and much needed thread.

Sums up everything, excelent post and looking forward to a positive top half finsh with a late push/attempt onto the play offs... I hope.

Del is a fantastic signing - and destined to be a Premier League manager (hopefully with City). Focused and grounded, I feel he will go on to make many fantastic signings himself and make the right decisions (including sales of players if inevitable) to build a squad to take our club forward and upwards.

Got to say everything's pointing to a successful season. Although people say pre-season doesn't matter it was a good yard stick for us the last two seasons. 2 bad pre-seasons followed by 2 seasons with a genuine threat of relegation, no coincidence I think! This pre-season is fully of positives ie: quality players added in the weak parts of the team (expect the CB and ST positions to be sorted), building a winning mentality before the season kicks off, more attacking football from what i've seen so far and better quality of football, we're also looking far more balanced and organised for a long time. You can clearly see Del has a plan and is trying to build something where as before with coppell, millen and towards the end, Johnson when you we're struggling to see what they were doing.

I think a top 10 is within reach but could i expect to finish somewhere around 12th - 16th.

For me, staying up and staying in the Championship until the FFP has truly kicked in would be my goal. We can build from there, knowing exactly how things will look.

So lower half would do me, but without the finger nail biting end of last season (although it did make the season more interesting)

We appear to have momentum. We finished the season well, despite being embroiled in a relegation battle and we appeared to play our way out of trouble with positive football.

The players look fitter, hungrier and the additions to the squad look impressive. I think that if we can carry this momentum into the new season and we get off to a reasonable start then we can certainly hold our own in this league.

We need a 15-20 goals a season striker. Stead is a great team player and if he can deliver that number of goals then we will be fine. Pitman is on his way out and Taylor is young but has potential. I was behind the goal at Burnley and his finish was quality. Only time will tell.

The addition of a proven goalscorer might make the difference between mid-table and a push for the play-offs.

Can't wait.

CTID

Harve

Good to see a decent number of us positive. Despite all the hype and speculation about who has made the best signings, there is no replacement for an excellent manager who knows what he is doing and we have one of those. We are leaner, fitter and looking compact and organised in what I've seen so far. I trust our manager to get the right players in and not to waste resources. 2 years of this and we will be top 6.

A goalscorer is what we need most. A CH is desirable but not necessary yet.

For me, staying up and staying in the Championship until the FFP has truly kicked in would be my goal. We can build from there, knowing exactly how things will look.

So lower half would do me, but without the finger nail biting end of last season (although it did make the season more interesting)

Why are we so lacking in ambition being content with a mid table finish,I wonder if Blackpool fans have the same attitude as us they dont spend any money have lower gates than us and a chairman with a fraction of the money ours has got and yet they are always up their challenging and whats more they expect to be.Lets have a bit more optimism about the place.

Good to see a decent number of us positive. Despite all the hype and speculation about who has made the best signings, there is no replacement for an excellent manager who knows what he is doing and we have one of those. We are leaner, fitter and looking compact and organised in what I've seen so far. I trust our manager to get the right players in and not to waste resources. 2 years of this and we will be top 6.

A goalscorer is what we need most. A CH is desirable but not necessary yet.

For us to push for playoffs etc we need a 20 plus goals striker which baldock could well be so fingers crossed on that one and a 15 goal a season striker which if stead stayed fit I believe would be. The problem is putting them both in the team at the same time with out shipping in loads of goals . Can't wait for the season to start. Olympics has been good but you can't beat football season and all the bit which come with it, fantasy football teams, sweepstakes, weekend betting and all the rest .

Why are we so lacking in ambition being content with a mid table finish,I wonder if Blackpool fans have the same attitude as us they dont spend any money have lower gates than us and a chairman with a fraction of the money ours has got and yet they are always up their challenging and whats more they expect to be.Lets have a bit more optimism about the place.

Well I would love us to push for promotion, but this is my minimum critera. I will be interested to see where Blackpool are next season, I think they will start heading south soon.

I think the who outlook has changed with FFP, as it isn't being run in the prem, there is no parity, so getting up let alone staying up, make the whole outlook on promotion very very different

Well I would love us to push for promotion, but this is my minimum critera. I will be interested to see where Blackpool are next season, I think they will start heading south soon.

I think the who outlook has changed with FFP, as it isn't being run in the prem, there is no parity, so getting up let alone staying up, make the whole outlook on promotion very very different

+1

Without doubt it will be another tough season and it will take time for Del to sort us out.

However I am so far delighted by his dealings in the transfer market! He has been very shrewd, hasn't made any risky or stupid signings and I think that will give us a solid platform to build on for the season.

I still don't expect an awful lot this season, but then who knows? As has been said, we are in a lot better situation than we were this time last year.

Archived