IGNORED

Portsmouth Will Not Enter Liquidation..

Bryans Left Peg

Portsmouth will not go into liquidation on Friday after the last player, Liam Lawrence, has agreed to leave the club.

http://www1.skysport...to-boost-Pompey

Saw it coming.. glad for the fans, disappointing for football in general. How will anybody learn.

I do not believe you 'enter' liquidation.. makes me think of my poor little apple a few minutes ago being dropped into the blender; once inside that tunnel of death, barring a power failure, there was no escape for the little round one. With Administration its a completely different scenario, perhaps akin to chopping the apple up slowly with a knife; if you put the knife down before you finish the job you might come out of that experience smaller and leaner and only fitter once you have had time to recover. A few of the off cuts get snapped up by hovering vultures leaving the rump to begin again in the more humble surroundings of a fruit salad which at least is a slower death than a 30 second smoothie. I am getting totally carried away now. :fastasleep:

I do not believe you 'enter' liquidation.. makes me think of my poor little apple a few minutes ago being dropped into the blender; once inside that tunnel of death, barring a power failure, there was no escape for the little round one. With Administration its a completely different scenario, perhaps akin to chopping the apple up slowly with a knife; if you put the knife down before you finish the job you might come out of that experience smaller and leaner and only fitter once you have had time to recover. A few of the off cuts get snapped up by hovering vultures leaving the rump to begin again in the more humble surroundings of a fruit salad which at least is a slower death than a 30 second smoothie. I am getting totally carried away now. :fastasleep:

How poetic!

Expect a flurry of signings next week then.

They've only got - I think 8 contracted players left - so yes they need some more!

Hopefully on realistic L1 wages

I saw something written by some Pompey fans yesterday that made very depressing reading, it seems Chanrai (a major creditor)will now buy the club out of administration as his is the highest bid and the administrator is bound by law to get the best price on behalf of the creditiors.

The Fans group can't match his bid but Chanrai has promised to sort out Pompey and then pass on the club (ie sell) to the fans group in due course.

What the fans fear is that - like the last time Chanrai took over - he will simply defer the creditors payments, wait for the parachute payments due next year, trouser the £5M and then "sell" to the fans trust. Leaving them with no parachute money, outstanding debts, dilapidated ground with another former owner Gaydamak owning the land around the stadium, And heading for yet another administration.

Chanrai is only buying the club in an attempt to get some of his money back (2 parachute payments to come) he's not a football fan.

I don't understand the people on this forum hoping that Pompey go bust, it's not the fans fault & like all clubs - the FANS are the club.............and they are the only ones trying to buy the club for the right reasons.

The club has been owned by a succession of grubby owners who when it mattered cared little for the club.

They actually have 3 youth players left with 8 league games between them so I think you can expect them to sign a dozen or so of the trialists they have. Rumour is they are going to have a 2k a week ceiling cap, which makes sense.

They actually have 3 youth players left with 8 league games between them so I think you can expect them to sign a dozen or so of the trialists they have. Rumour is they are going to have a 2k a week ceiling cap, which makes sense.

Still a hell of a lot of money though, isn't it! £2k a week in L1 will only be sustainable for a short time, in their current state. What if they don't come straight back up, will they be in the same position again this time next year?

2k a week, is that for all players combined, damn well should be the way they piss money away :)

it makes you wonder when last season and the season before when they were in the Championship and still obviously in a very precarious financial state how they were able (allowed?!) to sign players like Kitson, Lawrence, Varney, Halford, Pearce etc... Most commanded a transfer fee as well as high wages knowing full well the state of the clubs finances

il have a pint of whatever your drinking !

it makes you wonder when last season and the season before when they were in the Championship and still obviously in a very precarious financial state how they were able (allowed?!) to sign players like Kitson, Lawrence, Varney, Halford, Pearce etc... Most commanded a transfer fee as well as high wages knowing full well the state of the clubs finances

Quite. Committing financial suicide in full view. I trust that any companies who deal with Chanrai will require payment up front.

Archived