IGNORED

Christophe Berra?

I Am A Cider Drinker

http://www1.skysport...to-leave-Wolves

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7979008/

Just found this while trawling through SSN to see how others have been performing on and off the field during pre season and thought he could be a decent signing for us in a position that needs filling.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but havent seen it anywhere on here.

Havent seen a lot of him but he cant be too bad playing a few times for scotland.

I believe that he is left footed and we already have two lefties for that position.

Irrelevant if he's better than one of them. What a silly post!

Not silly at all. A left sided centre back isn't a priority so why waste money on one.

I think he is leaving Wolves with the intention of Premier League football anyway, so no chance.

someone mentioned he's a left footer which isn't what del is looking for although he would vastly improve our current defence. Its unlikely this would come to fruition. I would still really hope del has looked into loaning craig dawson from west brom however, with his performances at the olympics, it's likely he will play a bigger part this season for west brom. time will tell who del finds......

Not silly at all. A left sided centre back isn't a priority so why waste money on one.

I think he is leaving Wolves with the intention of Premier League football anyway, so no chance.

Of course it is! This thread is a joke anyway, we have no chance of signing him. Having said that, we have 2 right footed right wingers, if someone said Nani would come here from Utd which is just as unrealistic as this you wouldn't be saying that.

Of course it is! This thread is a joke anyway, we have no chance of signing him. Having said that, we have 2 right footed right wingers, if someone said Nani would come here from Utd which is just as unrealistic as this you wouldn't be saying that.

True, more chance of us signing Berra than Nani mind.

I was just respecting the OPs suggestion, not completely ridculous but not something we would be considering given other priorities.

Silly post!!? The manager has suggested he,s looking for a right sided centre half and you are ok for another left sided one to come in. What do we do with the other 2? We will still need the right sided one. I think you post was the silly one

So many teams play with two right footed centre halfs, what's the problem with playing 2 left footers

Silly post!!? The manager has suggested he,s looking for a right sided centre half and you are ok for another left sided one to come in. What do we do with the other 2? We will still need the right sided one. I think you post was the silly one

so if we had the option to sign a class left-footed CB over a decent right-footed CB then who would you choose?

to further this, englands 2 main CB's in the last decade, Terry and Ferdinand are both right and it didnt seem to have any effect.

going further into Terry,he starts as a left CB as his preferred position. most likely due to his partnership with Ashley Cole.

I believe that partnerships with neighbouring defenders are more important than your foot (especially from a CB point a view).

Other examples are Vidic and Ferdinand, Pique and Puyol, Pepe and Ramos.

Need I say more...

so if we had the option to sign a class left-footed CB over a decent right-footed CB then who would you choose?

to further this, englands 2 main CB's in the last decade, Terry and Ferdinand are both right and it didnt seem to have any effect.

going further into Terry,he starts as a left CB as his preferred position. most likely due to his partnership with Ashley Cole.

I believe that partnerships with neighbouring defenders are more important than your foot (especially from a CB point a view).

Other examples are Vidic and Ferdinand, Pique and Puyol, Pepe and Ramos.

Need I say more...

Good point and I agree, but probably not best to include England CB's in the analogy seeing how crap we have been in those ten years :laugh:

Archived