IGNORED

The Effort Del And Doc Make. ( Florist Game )

_Bristol-City_

Mate is a Fleetwood fan, text me saying "why is your manager here?" It didn't hit me at first, was looking for potential signings from them!!! Realised they were playing Florist in the cup tonight, it really is remarkable how much effort he does put in. I'm sure many of you feel he should make this much effort for the money he is on but previous managers and other managers in the league just let their scouting team do it all.

To go from Bristol this afternoon to Fleetwood and back for tomorrows training session and game must be draining.

His player interview from this afternoon he generally seemed upset he hadn't had a chance to see Gillingham in the flesh but has watched several dvds and has had four match reports.

Del and Doc have a good friendship which without a doubt helps but its refreshing to see a manager make this much effort to scout opponents first hand instead of relying on DVDs and scouting reports. Glad to have a manager who cares about the club and wants us to succeed.

Hope Fleetwood win tonight.

Mate is a Fleetwood fan, text me saying "why is your manager here?" It didn't hit me at first, was looking for potential signings from them!!! Realised they were playing Florist in the cup tonight, it really is remarkable how much effort he does put in. I'm sure many of you feel he should make this much effort for the money he is on but previous managers and other managers in the league just let their scouting team do it all.

To go from Bristol this afternoon to Fleetwood and back for tomorrows training session and game must be draining.

His player interview from this afternoon he generally seemed upset he hadn't had a chance to see Gillingham in the flesh but has watched several dvds and has had four match reports.

Del and Doc have a good friendship which without a doubt helps but its refreshing to see a manager make this much effort to scout opponents first hand instead of relying on DVDs and scouting reports. Glad to have a manager who cares about the club and wants us to succeed.

Hope Fleetwood win tonight.

Standard fare for a manager. Millen, Tinnion GJ, they all do it when they have the time to do it. Nowt really out of the ordinary, just you don't have mates seeing it usually

Millen often used DVDs over going to a game.

They all will, when they can fit it in a game live they also do it.

I know Milllen went to a few, but remember, there are not many times in a season when you are not playing on the same night as your opponents, this happens to be one of them.

Said all along Derek will go onto a manage a top club. Would love for him to manage us for a good few more years yet as he's only just turnt 41.

Derek and Bristol City seem like a good match though, ambitious club who are underdogs in the league with an ambitious manager. This season we will all know how lucky we are to have him at the helm in my opinion.

Archived