IGNORED

Cisse?

cityed

I like Cisse and am thankful to him for helping us stay up last season, but I don't want him back. If he'd have gone searching for work elsewhere earlier on, and then decided to resign for us about a month ago then fine. I just think it's too late now. He won't be fit I imagine, as he's only had a short trial at Bolton, and I think we've got plenty of cover for his position anyway. Good luck to him with his career and move on I say.

I can't understand why some are so hostile towards Cisse. He did well at City particularly under McInnes and was an important part of our relegation battle.

His contract was allowed to run down and when he was offered a new one with less salary he

decided to look elsewhere. What the problem?

Loads of people move companies in their career,

often for better wages and conditions.

Why should Cisse have any loyalty towards

City? He was had a tough time under Millen and

despite putting in some impressive displays

wasn't an automatic starter under McInnes.

I for one don't have a problem with Cisse

looking to get the best deal for himself.

Good post - Cisse integral to us being able to enjoy another season in the Champioship.

While I agree to us ordinary mortals even 2/3 of Cisse's wage may seem like a small fortune, I often feel that people overlook how much the african players in particular are contributing to the welfare of their home community. I am sure

most people are aware of the schemes that

people like Drogba and Adebayor are involved

in, but I believe that even the lesser known

players make significant contributions. As such

I am sure they would see it as part of their duty

to earn the most they can during their short

careers.

I for one would love to Cisse in a City shirt

again, we have rarely had player that performed

their particular role so well.

Good post with salient points. I too would be happy with Cisse in a City shirt again.

When picked by Del he gave the committed performances that were required of him.

Will always be appreciative of his contribution in that nerve-jangling (and, at tines, exciting) relegation run-in.

What a ludicrous and unpleasant comment. Why should a player not look around at what is available when his contract comes to an end? After all, City did little to persuade him to stay - there was no talk of a new contract until very late on in the season. To suggest he should 'rot without a club' just because he has had the temerity to see if he can find another club and another challenge is really one of the most unpleasant things I've ever read on this forum. People should keep in step with what football is about these days. If everyone in life was obliged to stay with the same employer out of loyalty, then the country would be a complete disaster.

Cisse's new offer was on roughly 2/3rds of his current wages. How many out there would carry on in the same job with lower wages without looking for something else? No one. Cisse will get a club abroad who will pay him what he wants (or close to it) so fair play to him.

Cisse's a good player, but I doubt he'd earn as much overseas as he did here. He may well end up in France as that's his home country, but on less than he could've got here.

As much as I appreciate the roll Cisse played in our survival last season, I think some have become blinded to his limitations as a player. I don't think he ever completed 90 minutes, his range of passing was probably better than Elliot's but no better than the rest and he barely moved out of his own half. Now I appreciate this last point is as much by design as anything, i.e. He played to his strengths, but would he really fit into the style of football we played last night?

I think he's a great footballer in his given role and wish him the best, but it's a case of horses for courses and I don't think Del is plotting his course

Archived