IGNORED

I'm Keeping The Faith

Fordy62

Shout me down should you wish, but I'm staying positive. We have Del who I have a lot of respect for and he will see us alright.

We've had a dire performance tonight it's evident, but even (the real) Barcelona have off days.

We're trying to address the frailties everyone keeps harping on about, but we won't just buy anyone and everyone. We need to get the right personnel.

So I'm not jumping on the 'the season is over' band wagon.

I'm keeping the faith.

Cue the negativity...

The worry is he has had since May to turn the team around.Yet we had one new face, Morris, and no improvements from the poor performances of last season. So now it looks like he has to start doing what we had all hoped would be done by now. What makes it worse is he was prioritising the cup ! No one is expecting Barcelona but to serve this up against Gillingham is not acceptable.

Yeah i've got faith, and its a cup..but we're not man utd or chelsea, we need funds, and cup runs are where to get them.

It also boosts morale and can raise the profile of the club if on a good run, get a decent draw against prem opposition etc.

We needed to win last night, and given they were in the bottom tier, we should of won, especially given the team we put out and how we have been doing in pre-season. Where the hell did it go wrong? First competitive game, players should be well up for it regardless of what cup it is or who the opposition is.

Poor, poor result, and, in my opinion, forget our past in the 1st round cup draws, this WAS a surprise to me, because we did look so much better in pre-season unlike previous years, we have got a quality manager, and we do have some decent players here! granted, we have some crap aswell, but we know, and so does Del, where the weaknesses are.

But here i think lies the problem, we all think a cb or 2 and a st, correct? ok great, but it might not be as simple as that, if the board are saying we have no money, then how the hell is Del going to attract anyone?Especially after last nights performance... But more to the point, if we have to sign people on free transfers, and there are a couple of clubs in for them, they can pick and choose where they go, and if you have a few clubs from the championship asking for your signature, ask yourself this, would you sign for us? They're going to look at our recent past (swapped and changed managers quite often past few years, CEO and Chairman stepped down) results, narrowly avoided the drop last season, and now out of a cup competition due to losing to a shite Gillingham team.

Us getting these much needed players is harder than most people think, especially if the board aren't giving us money to play around with to try and persuade these players to come (after all, for 99% of all players, its ALL about the money....)

I have total faith that we will be fine.

My worry is that we won't get anything at forest and everyone will think the world is going to end.

I will review things after 10 games.

Maybe we should tell the players that the world will end if they don't win, maybe that'll give them the kick up the arse they need and we'll win, hurrah!

Yeah i've got faith, and its a cup..but we're not man utd or chelsea, we need funds, and cup runs are where to get them.

It also boosts morale and can raise the profile of the club if on a good run, get a decent draw against prem opposition etc.

We needed to win last night, and given they were in the bottom tier, we should of won, especially given the team we put out and how we have been doing in pre-season. Where the hell did it go wrong? First competitive game, players should be well up for it regardless of what cup it is or who the opposition is.

Poor, poor result, and, in my opinion, forget our past in the 1st round cup draws, this WAS a surprise to me, because we did look so much better in pre-season unlike previous years, we have got a quality manager, and we do have some decent players here! granted, we have some crap aswell, but we know, and so does Del, where the weaknesses are.

But here i think lies the problem, we all think a cb or 2 and a st, correct? ok great, but it might not be as simple as that, if the board are saying we have no money, then how the hell is Del going to attract anyone?Especially after last nights performance... But more to the point, if we have to sign people on free transfers, and there are a couple of clubs in for them, they can pick and choose where they go, and if you have a few clubs from the championship asking for your signature, ask yourself this, would you sign for us? They're going to look at our recent past (swapped and changed managers quite often past few years, CEO and Chairman stepped down) results, narrowly avoided the drop last season, and now out of a cup competition due to losing to a shite Gillingham team.

Us getting these much needed players is harder than most people think, especially if the board aren't giving us money to play around with to try and persuade these players to come (after all, for 99% of all players, its ALL about the money....)

If there is no money, and Del would know that, then he shouldn't say we need to buy xyz, he is just putting pressure on himself, he should be saying we have to work with what we have got, and take some pressure off.

It looks like we have money though, as for instance, Coventry let it know publically we had bid 250k If we have enough money to go out and get who he really wants, well, that is another thing entirely. We could be bargain basement shopping, hoping we find a gem

You could be right, or he is saying, in public, that we NEED to buy players (whether the board will let him is another thing though) but by him working the media, it could work in his favour, and the board give in, especially after last nights result.

Long shot i know. Or he has a little bit to play with, but wage demands means his can't attract the players, either way there is a reason why we aren't attracting players here, whether its money, results, location, i don't know, but i think del has a uphill struggle trying to please the fans with a virtually non-existant transfer kitty/wage budget.

slept on it,

how ever you look at it, it was apoor result but it was a cup game against lower league team in a compation we haven't won in for 4 years,

players were far too relaxed, at least McInnes hasn't shy'd away he's come out and said it was good enough,

he also knows where we need strengthening and has said so unlike teflon who "didn't see that coming"

Del Quote

"Pre-season has gone now – we did not see that result coming and it smacked us firmly between the eyes. This was a bad night for us and everybody has put themselves in jeopardy"

Oh my god, what has he gone and done there Monkeh :)

People need to be realistic. We aren't a brilliant side and realistically anything other than a defeat at Forest on Saturday would be a real bonus.

We play Palace at home next Tuesday and Cardiff the following Saturday. I think we can take 4 points out of those. If we lose both without putting a fight - that's when we should start criticising Derek.

Regardless, I think we'll stay up this year. Even if that means digging ourselves out of a hole in the last 6 games.

I am one hundred per cent behind Del Boy but I must admit I was shocked and disappointed at just how poor we were last night. I watched both matches against the Gas and Southampton and we were unrecognisable as a team from those showings. If the players can't get themselves up for League Cup matches then we may as well play the reserves-under 21s like Arsenal do.

slept on it,

how ever you look at it, it was apoor result but it was a cup game against lower league team in a compation we haven't won in for 4 years,

players were far too relaxed, at least McInnes hasn't shy'd away he's come out and said it

he also knows where we need strengthening and has said so unlike teflon who "didn't see that coming"

I just watched Points West and he did say" I didnt see that coming"

I had to laugh ground hog day!

Archived