IGNORED

Might Want To Seriously Reconciled Mark Wilson

hippy273

I think it was a poor performance tonight, and Obviously the Lino didn't help but look how easily the back four were broken against. Skuse does well as right back but against pace he isn't the best and central was bad too. Compared to the defence we had against rovers it was in pieces. Del boy said the right back position wasn't really a necessary position to cover but I strongly disagree. The back four was completely different tonight.

I think it was a poor performance tonight, and Obviously the Lino didn't help but look how easily the back four were broken against. Skuse does well as right back but against pace he isn't the best and central was bad too. Compared to the defence we had against rovers it was in pieces. Del boy said the right back position wasn't really a necessary position to cover but I strongly disagree. The back four was completely different tonight.

I suspect Wilson watched, and thought... I ain't joining that bunch of jokers!

He didn't need to unsettle it as much a he did. It's bizarre, he needed only make one change and that was draft Bryan in at LB.

Why drag Skuse back (who finished last season superbly in midfield) and switch Foster? I don't get it, who is he trying to accommodate?

Seems silly giving M.Wilson so much game time in pre season when we could have been settling in or looking at our own players at RB.

Some strange decisions IMO, be interested to hear the post match interview.

you might disagree with me but I think if Cunnigham was here the defence would have played a lot better, with Foster being able to play on his better side and Skuse in the middle with Morris

you might disagree with me but I think if Cunnigham was here the defence would have played a lot better, with Foster being able to play on his better side and Skuse in the middle with Morris

Not at all Cunningham should have been there, he had Matt Harrold in his back pocket and he was twice the size. And it probably would have been better if Foster had played right back his favoured position.

What ever excuse we have, whether poor players, tactics, lack of crowd, manager, rebuffed offers, no money in the coffers or even cold pies....we really should be stuffing sides like Gillingham at home and sending them back down to Kent with nothing but bruises and a plate of chips......we failed miserably...........again.

In my eyes we need to sign him anything that makes us stronger at the back makes us harder to beat... We're obviously struggling for a centre back so next best thing is sign a full back who stops the crosses coming in, in the first place.

fFoster in my eyes is rubbish poor signing, Skuse is a make shift full back, Cunningham looks good on what I seen, and Woolford is barely a left winger let alone a left full back!

In my eyes we need to sign him anything that makes us stronger at the back makes us harder to beat... We're obviously struggling for a centre back so next best thing is sign a full back who stops the crosses coming in, in the first place.

fFoster in my eyes is rubbish poor signing, Skuse is a make shift full back, Cunningham looks good on what I seen, and Woolford is barely a left winger let alone a left full back!

Cunningham was playing CB tonight for Rep if Ireland U21 too so he could fill in that position if ever it was needed, but definitely another CB signing too i would say.

Nyatanga ain't a ball winning central defender, and it can't bring it out of defence either. Likewise Fontaine was just as poor.

We need a decent defender - someone who hasn't been around the club for a good few years !!

Nyatanga is not a footballer, never mind a centre back!! Ive never seen a pro footballer so scared of a ball!!! He makes jamie mccombe look like frickin ronaldo!!!

I agree with the OP and obviously I agree we need to sign a CB, but in the mean time, why does Del insist on playing Tanga ahead of James Wilson? We need a right-sided centre back, Wilson is a right-sided centre back, and a decent one too (much better than Nyatanga) and yet he's there, rotting on the bench.

where are the fontaine lovers????? this man has some how got away with for years in my opinion, he was at the heart of the defense in the 5-2 donny game, the 6-0 cardiff game, and most of last season. claiming he needs a ball winning centre half alongside him doesnt suddenly make him a world beater. in my opinion he gets let off the "otib hate list" and i have no idea why!

doesnt win his share in the air, regulary gives it away when "playing it out of defense"

yes, he is by no means our worst, but, he is far from our best.

this isnt based on tonight, this is my general feeling, and dont get me started on him being the captain.

where are the fontaine lovers????? this man has some how got away with for years in my opinion, he was at the heart of the defense in the 5-2 donny game, the 6-0 cardiff game, and most of last season. claiming he needs a ball winning centre half alongside him doesnt suddenly make him a world beater. in my opinion he gets let off the "otib hate list" and i have no idea why!

doesnt win his share in the air, regulary gives it away when "playing it out of defense"

yes, he is by no means our worst, but, he is far from our best.

this isnt based on tonight, this is my general feeling, and dont get me started on him being the captain.

So who IS our best centre back? Carey is aging, Wilson is inexperienced and poor on the ball, Nyatanga is completely clueless and Stewart is.. Well, the less said about Stewart the better.

He was there and I spoke to him after the game, he said he is looking to sign in the upcoming days.

Oh how I do hope this is true.

Said it from day 1 when he joined us for pre-season - sign him up.

Yes, we all know we need a CB and a ST, but by god we need another full back. Cunningham and M Wilson suddenly feels me with much more confidence at FB position, with Foster able to cover either side and Bryan & Edwards providing youthful back-ups.

With this one simple signing, it means we never have to consider playing Skuse or Woolford at full back again.

Archived