IGNORED

Nyatanga, Woolford, Pitman - Trade Descriptions Act?

Tom

I've never rated Tangs, I've always wanted Woolford to come good and I used to think Pitman would perform if given time....

But if that performance tells Del anything is that those three, after that game and a number of similar performances, cannot be considered footballers let alone championship footballers.

Albert had plenty of the ball but created absolutely nothing, Skuse is only player that performed tonight

Quite right, though Bolasie was an improvement on all bar Skuse of the starters.

Those not involved came out of it looking better than the rest and I think we'll see several changes at Forest.

I thought first half woolford looked one of our better players. Second half he was poor but he isn't a left back.

Agree.

I'm not going to slag off Woolford too much just yet, as he did look ok in the first half, but he was very poor at LB and the Gills knew it and targetted that area time after time in the 2nd half.

However, he could have been helped a little by the people in front of him at times. For example, their 2nd goal from the corner. They gained the corner initially after Woolford cleared the ball down the line from a deep LB position under pressure. They easily won the ball on half way, came back down the line and earned a corner. When Woolford was under pressure in the corner, there was only one place he was going to be able to clear the ball, and that was down the line, but did any of our players in front of him have the sense to position themselves near the line - no. Pitman stood 10 yards inside their half, Pearson stood 15 yards infield. If either of these 2 had the football brain and positional sense to understand the ball was only ever going to go down the line, then they might have been able to get there and pressure the opposition. Instead, they stood and watched Wolly clear it, and made it easy for them to gain the corner from which they scored.

Oh, and the corner - oh my days! Mis-hit, skewed along the 6 yard box at chest height, and not a single City player could get a touch or clear it. Awful.

Agree with original post. Nyatanga's time must be up by now, Woolford slows the play down every time he's on the ball, Pitman doesn't offer anything to the play unless he scores (which isn't as often as it should be) and I'll throw Gerken into the mix as well. I like him as a character but he doesn't command his area, looks weak under crosses and I wish to God we'd let him go & kept Henderson. Lots for Del & Doc to work on.

Morris was our best player until he was subbed .he didn't look tired so no idea why he was subbed .skuse played well and seemed one of the few other players up for the game. We urgently need a striker or two as pitman was woeful and stead wasn't quick enough.

Agree. Only Skuse and Morris can hold their heads high tonight.

"Clubs and managers view this competition differently, but we put out our strongest team and the performance was unacceptable."

That is a direct quote from Del on the official site.

That was our strongest team. A defence of Foster, Fontaine, Nyatanga and Skuse. :surrender:

Still actually got the ball and seemed to try and attack. Same with Bolasie.

True but that is his role in the team...to attack. Once in the final third our final ball was found wanting..Albert in particular.I didn't think Pitman looked at all interested and maybe that didnt help and Stead was looking for the direct ball every time but rarely received.

True but that is his role in the team...to attack. Once in the final third our final ball was found wanting..Albert in particular.I didn't think Pitman looked at all interested and maybe that didnt help and Stead was looking for the direct ball every time but rarely received.

Pitman actually shouted at Woolford at one point, when Wooly passed it directly to Pitmans feet, but Pitman miscontrolled it.

Don't blame others Brett, that was a poor touch, take a look at your own attitude.

Shocking how little effort was shown by all tonight. It's as though they spent the last 2 weeks with their fingers in their ears and eyes shut as the athletes in the Olympics showed pride, passion and honesty all with little or no reward comparable to our over paid primadonas. How soon the good feelings of seeing sportsmen and women of all talents doing their best, trying their hardest and CARING. This isn't Del boys fault and i struggle to see who can fix this.

Archived