IGNORED

Tonight

mightyreds89

For me highlighted several issues, yes we were poor and there did not seem to be any urgency until Marv scored but these were the main issues,

- Full backs and defence = Foster said it last season and will say it again poor signing, yes he played at left back first half but even 2md Half he was useless the amount or crosses that come from his area of the pitch is unreal, it's that signing thats possibly stopping us signing Wilson who is a class act. Del can hardly go to SL and say I made a mistake Wilson is better than Foster. If we can't defend balls into the box then 2 decent full backs in Wilson and Cunningham should at least mean less crosses to defend in theory!!

Let's hope that Cunningham is the real deal as Foster, Fontaine, Nyatanga are not solid full backs we also know that Woolford cannot play there after tonight!

Must be the 4th season in a row where we have been crying out for a new centre back that can dominate in the air and lead us.... We have Nyatanga, Stewart who are both not good enough, Wilson who cannot cement a place, and Carey who's been a great servant but whom I fear will spend most of the season on the physios bed, had we have managed to off load one of these plus maybe not provided louis another year we could have had a quality centre back in and paid a wage! Bad decisions here for me!

Wingers- Albert is great until he has to cross or defend no end product and struggled when tracking back, maybe the signing of Wilson would allow him more freedom?

Bolasie - Form last 5/6 games of last season and tonight is miles better than Albert, fast, tricky and can deliver a great cross! For me he starts on Saturday ahead of Albert maybe... Would be a definate if we were at home!

Anderson I have high hopes for him.... But tonight he was 4th choice behind Albert, Woolford, and Bolasie surely he was night to improve us not sit on the bench, maybe he's not fit enough yet but 20 mins tonight would have helped surely?

Midfield - Jodie Morris looks calm and assured on the ball, he's neat and tidy but is that not what Lee Johnson and Killenny were/are and to some degree Skuse? we also have Elliott who tries grafts but lacks quality Pearson who can be good but not on a regular basis and for me is far more effective out wide not a natural centre mid he can also cross a ball well. Then there is Cisse arguably last seasons best midfielder whom we appear to have lost... This all makes me question Jodie Morris signing when we have similar players and are crying out for 1-2 better quality midfielders....

strikers - Still need a pavey striker a fox in the box.. pitman can finish but goes missing and does not work no where near hard enough....

All in all I think we have to question some of the transfer decisions to date and hope that I am proved wrong and that we land Sam Baldock, Buzaky and a strong commanding centre back... Just hope decisions like buying Foster and Morris and giving Louis and extra year mean we can't add the quality we need in key positions!

Apart from that looking forward to the rest of the season and hope to be proved wrong!!

Archived