IGNORED

Bye Bye Portsmouth?

Monkeh

Right lets leave last nights performance alone now, the new season is upon us and the players need to perform where it counts,

but the news this morning for portsmouth is not good,

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7990365/Chainrai-withdraws-Pompey-bid

the main buyers have pulled out of the deal to buy the club leaving them facing liqudation which I think could happen before kick-off saturday,

is this the end?

I hope they are saved, a club like Pompey shouldn't be going to the wall. But football has to get its house in order, a club like Pompey paying out thirty five grand a week for players on gates of twenty thousand madness.

yet people on here are screaming for lansdown to get his cheque book out,

quoted for truth :)

yet people on here are screaming for lansdown to get his cheque book out,

quoted for truth :)

Just thinking the same thing, we are what we are a bottom 6 championship team with a budget that reflects the crowds we get.

this is the future as far as i see it get used to it.

Hard to see what further compromise there could be as they have already managed to shift the high earners but still have high football debts. The football league's rule that Portsmouth can now only carry forward a proportion of the debt has meant that Chainrai will never get back most of the money he is owed so further investment would be throwing good money after bad for him. A good move by the league though to stop Pompey going constantly in and out of admin.

• SC&T Board Members

Liquidation for them wouldn't be so bad. (1) It would send the right message to the rest of football about living beyond your means and (2) their Supporters Trust is ready and willing to form a 'phoenix' club to start again on solid supporter-led, democratic principles from lower down the pyramid - potentially still at Fratton Park, though possibly elsewhere.

Liquidation for them wouldn't be so bad. (1) It would send the right message to the rest of football about living beyond your means and (2) their Supporters Trust is ready and willing to form a 'phoenix' club to start again on solid supporter-led, democratic principles from lower down the pyramid - potentially still at Fratton Park, though possibly elsewhere.

Totally Agree! Form a 'Phoenix' club and start a fresh....other clubs have done this with some success!

Perhaps it time for Harry to give some of the money he got from Mandaric and stuffed away in the CI to Portsmouth and help them out a bit...after all if hes forgotten about it he doesnt really need it does he..

100% agree

how he constantly escapes the blame in all this is a mystery to me

he signed most of the players whose fees and wages put them in the position they're in

they had a team full of teenagers last night, but as soon as some last minute rescue occurs they'll probably make a classic pompey signing like robbie fowler on a 6 year deal for 55k per week

100% agree

he signed most of the players whose fees and wages put them in the position they're in

they had a team full of teenagers last night, but as soon as some last minute rescue occurs they'll probably make a classic pompey signing like robbie fowler on a 6 year deal for 55k per week

Hang on, how on earth is it harry's fault?

Im guessing everything he signed/paid for would of needed to be signed off by someone else.

Its like you giving your missus £xxx a month for the odds and ends , then moaning when she spends it all as you couldnt afford it.

100% agree

the manager doesn't dictaite transfer fees or wages the chairman and the board do that when milan left the club it was on a sound footing it was the dodgy russian who came in and past the fit and propper persons test that screwed the club

But don't let facts get in the way of blame

Hang on, how on earth is it harry's fault?

Im guessing everything he signed/paid for would of needed to be signed off by someone else.

Its like you giving your missus £xxx a month for the odds and ends , then moaning when she spends it all as you couldnt afford it.

Portsmouth FC is living proof of everything that is wrong about football, everybody including Harry taking money out of the club (for transfers etc.) money that should have been left within the club and money that is lost to football, that includes owners, agents and all the other parasites that leech onto a club when Trotters independent Traders and dubious foreign owners take control of a club.

harry would have indicated how he expected the team to perform, and the budget would have been based on that. we all know his financial dealings have come under a lot of scrutiny, too.

instead of delivering on any of that, he jumped ship to spurs with everything falling down around the team.

its not his fault entirely and i didnt suggest or imply that in any sense, but he does deserve some of the blame.

Peter Storrie is the main man to blame for Pompey's problems, he sorted the players contracts.

Obviously Mandric had to agree to the contracts as well, so he has some liability.

Redknapp just told storrie the players he wanted.

BCAGFC

The current situation is simply brinkmanship by both parties.

There will probably be an eleventh hour compromise worked out.

What it really needs is for pompey to go under. this will send a clear message to every other club, PFA etc to live within their means, not to demand excessive salaries.

I don't have a minute's sympathy for them.

We've been there and learned the lesson. They've been there twice before, and haven't learned anything.

Right lets leave last nights performance alone now, the new season is upon us and the players need to perform where it counts,

but the news this morning for portsmouth is not good,

http://www1.skysport...raws-Pompey-bid

the main buyers have pulled out of the deal to buy the club leaving them facing liqudation which I think could happen before kick-off saturday,

is this the end?

This has got to be the MOST POINTLESS thread since it was discussed just before they were going into liquidation on the 10th, it wont happen and ITS NOT REMOTELY CITY RELATED

This has got to be the MOST POINTLESS thread since it was discussed just before they were going into liquidation on the 10th, it wont happen and ITS NOT REMOTELY CITY RELATED

AHHHH BUT YOU ARE POSITING ON THE FOOTBALL FORUM NOT BRISTOLL CITY FORUM PER SE

football forum for all football related things don't like don't post

What a hypocrite that bloke is just to coerce the price down; he will win no fans if he does so.

Then in the pen-ultimate paragraph he sums up by saying he has no desire now to buy the club nor stomach for it and then in the final paragraph he says he will support any new bidder.. what the hec is he on about. A complete waste of space for Pompey from day one; also lacking in grey matter if you ask me; buys the club, loses millions, tries to buy back in for about 1/2p in the pound then slates all and sundry when he cannot even grab it for that only to say he will help out if someone else comes along. Plonker Rodney.

I thought the chicken lickers at Blackburn were in the Plonker category... this guy surpasses it.

Archived