IGNORED

Missing Mcintyre?

headhunter

Just a thought.

Former City youth player Jamie McIntyre's appointment to the coaching staff last season conincided with the good run that effectively preserved our Championship status. I know it was meant to be a temporary appointment but why was he not retained.

McInnes started well with that 4-2-0 unbeaten run but from mid-December onwards it all went rather *its up until that late run.

I was there last night and it was as bad as anything we've seen over the past four years since losing the play off final.

Why did he reshuffle the back four and put arguably our most consistent midfielder (Skuse) at right back, move Foster to the left - this game was ripe to give Edwards (or is it Bryan) a run out against lower league opposition!

Woolford is still *rap but I see some sign of improvement.

Pearson is a complete embarrassment - all he does in every game is 2 (3 if we're lucky) bursts down the left side of midfield. Last night's first goal stemmed from him losing the ball on the edge of their box and then he committed the foul that brought about the free kick.

Pitman - looked like he needed a full pre-season

Stead - weak

To a man WE can all see the problem positions - why cant the manager? OR is it the fact that player recruitment is left to Jon Lansdown whose only qualification for anything connected to that type of activity must be due to his surname.

A long hard winter ahead I fear.

Just a thought.

Former City youth player Jamie McIntyre's appointment to the coaching staff last season conincided with the good run that effectively preserved our Championship status. I know it was meant to be a temporary appointment but why was he not retained.

McInnes started well with that 4-2-0 unbeaten run but from mid-December onwards it all went rather *its up until that late run.

I was there last night and it was as bad as anything we've seen over the past four years since losing the play off final.

Why did he reshuffle the back four and put arguably our most consistent midfielder (Skuse) at right back, move Foster to the left - this game was ripe to give Edwards (or is it Bryan) a run out against lower league opposition!

Woolford is still *rap but I see some sign of improvement.

Pearson is a complete embarrassment - all he does in every game is 2 (3 if we're lucky) bursts down the left side of midfield. Last night's first goal stemmed from him losing the ball on the edge of their box and then he committed the foul that brought about the free kick.

Pitman - looked like he needed a full pre-season

Stead - weak

To a man WE can all see the problem positions - why cant the manager? OR is it the fact that player recruitment is left to Jon Lansdown whose only qualification for anything connected to that type of activity must be due to his surname.

A long hard winter ahead I fear.

Really don't get these sorts of posts. Del obviously knows where the squad is weak and needs filling, he wouldn't be in the job if he couldn't spot that. The fact is we're not an attractive club and getting players to sign for us is difficult. You make it sound like Del could just snap his fingers and a CB will appear who fits in the team straight away, good attitude, right footed, and all the rest. I'd say there are max 2 or 3 CB's who are just what we want and within our price range, its a matter of singleing them out through all the other CB's in our surrounding leagues and then bashing out a contract with them. Get a grip I say.

"The fact is we're not an attractive club and getting players to sign for us is difficult"

Why & why??

No previous history of success, comparatively small gates compared to other clubs in the division, need to pay low wages in order to fit in with FFP rules and avoid constant losses, not much of a local concentration of clubs so players more likely to need to uproot to come to us, we've struggled the last couple of years and we're not a big reputation glamour club.

Really don't get these sorts of posts. Del obviously knows where the squad is weak and needs filling, he wouldn't be in the job if he couldn't spot that. The fact is we're not an attractive club and getting players to sign for us is difficult. You make it sound like Del could just snap his fingers and a CB will appear who fits in the team straight away, good attitude, right footed, and all the rest. I'd say there are max 2 or 3 CB's who are just what we want and within our price range, its a matter of singleing them out through all the other CB's in our surrounding leagues and then bashing out a contract with them. Get a grip I say.

Del has had the best part of three months to sort out a centre half .And no one is expecting a world class signing.The mantra , Del's mantra is he has to be better than we have. Well that leaves us plenty of scope for a signing. The months that have elapsed since the end of the season with no new defender means now he will have to panic buy or just watch our defence be annihilated each week.

Archived