IGNORED

A Levels

Luxo Jr.

Feels weird for me. I got one result last year and the other 3 about 2 months ago so im just kicking back whilst everybody else around me is in a mad panic mode. Keep thinking though that for some reason that should be me too! I wont complain though, saved me a sleepless night.

Got mine a year ago today and got into.. University of Bristol! Best thing about last year (and meeting my girlfriend...shhh!!) seeing City play every week... what am I saying?! That's the best thing about uni in Bristol...ahhh!

Sounds good mate, Bristol Uwe is where im heading in just over 3 weeks so football is pretty much on my doorstep...well at least compared to having an hours drive to every game where im currently to.

Don't worry to those that didn't get what they wanted.

Through my own lack of enthusiasm and poor teaching, I only achieved two low a level grades. But I graduated last month with a first in a "difficult" subject. Did work damn hard though. Masters at Bristol and plenty of time down the gate for me this year!

Enjoy those fees, guys. I dream of a day when my postman doesn't have a PHD

Glad I did my undergrad when it was still 3k. Paying for my masters myself. Then all you lovely taxpayers will be paying for my phd (hopefully).

Ancient History? And I hold your sentiment about Media, friend of mine did a dissertation on Zombies in contemporary media. Yep.

There's always useful stuff to learn from history. Just not sure there's much to learn from the media.

I'd like to see us funnelling more money into maths, science, engineering and less into zombies.

In other words I think we should be funding useful stuff more and non useful stuff less. Of course if people want to pay their own way into a phd level knowledge of bad 1980's films, that's fine too.

Best of luck.

Congrats everyone a-levels were solid. Well they were 11 years ago. Especially when your teachers are numpties from monks park

I go back a lot further than 11 years: for all the exams I have sat (from O levels through university and on to professional exams), I still think A levels were the hardest exams relative to the age I was and the studying had to do.

I go back a lot further than 11 years: for all the exams I have sat (from O levels through university and on to professional exams), I still think A levels were the hardest exams relative to the age I was and the studying had to do.

Agreed, not that I would say a Degree wasn't "harder" there is a lot less pressure attached.

Agreed, not that I would say a Degree wasn't "harder" there is a lot less pressure attached.

The thing that makes the degree hard is the fact you've got a big student loan in your pocket, AND you're surrounded by mates 24/7. If you've got a weakness for the drink and/or girls (or boys) - then it's bloody difficult to get anything done.

Trust me - You need to get on top of that as soon as freshers finishes.

The thing that makes the degree hard is the fact you've got a big student loan in your pocket, AND you're surrounded by mates 24/7. If you've got a weakness for the drink and/or girls (or boys) - then it's bloody difficult to get anything done.

Trust me - You need to get on top of that as soon as freshers finishes.

True, discipline is key. Lots of friends of mine are pretty shellshocked after getting a third/2.2, and 20 grand down with no prospects whatsoever.

Anyone coming Nottingham way? It'd be nice to have some ciderheads around all these Florist waynekers.

Got into Nottingham for History. Offer was supposed to be AAA but I still got accepted with AAC

Kind of makes up for getting rejected by Bristol

Archived