IGNORED

Just Back From Forest

Andrew_V1

Thought i'd throw my 2 pence worth

Today was a valiant effort from the lads. Considering where we were this time last year we looked a composed unit, difficult to break down and a strong work ethic.

There is no denying we suffer from a lack of creativity but in honesty, considering the money behind forest there was little between the two sides.

So long as del gets sufficient backing to bring in the required personnel to add another dimension to our attacking play we'll be a decent side.

All in all, bad result, but all things considered a very good platform to build on.

Trust in del

Nice to hear something positive from someone who was actually there, instead of the pages & pages of crap from the keyboard warriors.

I was there and well, we could still be playing now and we would not have created anything. Defence was good and Cunningham looks like a good signing as well as Wilson.

I dont thin k we will be scoring many this season though. I hope thats not to negative for you.

I was there, we outsang Forest, Heaton was our MOTM and Carey had a good game. Stead was poor and Anderson played well when he was on. Shame about the incident with the lack of seats though, saw a few City fans near me being subjected to a barrage from the stewards for standing when there was nowhere else to go. (We're Bristol City, we stand where we want!)

Best part was still the banter with the drunk Burton Albion fans on the train back.

Heaton was excellent. Back four were decent. Wilson looked better off the ball than on it, but solid defensively.

Tempo was too slow when we had the ball. I make allowances for the heat today. Very defensive line-up in midfield, and with Forest going 4-1-4-1 it was always going to be tough to break them down. It should have been 0-0.

Stead got little service, and Albert was near anonymous. He'll be back on the right when we get a striker in.

I was there, we outsang Forest, Heaton was our MOTM and Carey had a good game. Stead was poor and Anderson played well when he was on. Shame about the incident with the lack of seats though, saw a few City fans near me being subjected to a barrage from the stewards for standing when there was nowhere else to go. (We're Bristol City, we stand where we want!)

Best part was still the banter with the drunk Burton Albion fans on the train back.

Burton actually have fans?!

I'm sorry but I must have been at a completely different game!! I can only remember one shot pm target and that was a tame Marvin Elliott overhead kick, we didn't ever look like scoring and had no urgency in our attacks.

I agree that our back 4 and Heaton looked good but they weren't really troubled either. Not trying to be negative just saying what i believe happened.

Oh and as for us out singing forest was a joke. 1,200 fans all sitting down doing nothing. If that's what they want to do then fair enough but there was no atmosphere in the away end today.

I'm sorry but I must have been at a completely different game!! I can only remember one shot pm target and that was a tame Marvin Elliott overhead kick, we didn't ever look like scoring and had no urgency in our attacks.

I agree that our back 4 and Heaton looked good but they weren't really troubled either. Not trying to be negative just saying what i believe happened.

Oh and as for us out singing forest was a joke. 1,200 fans all sitting down doing nothing. If that's what they want to do then fair enough but there was no atmosphere in the away end today.

You were at a different game, stead had a brilliant turn and shot saved by the keeper and Albert tested the keeper as well. City looked solid and good for a point when the substitution backfired.

I disagree with you on that one. I was sitting near the back of the away end so it is likely that it sounded better because any Forest fan was beyond a stones throw away, but for such a large stadium they were surprisingly quiet throughout, and considering there were only 1500 of us compared to approximately 20000 of them I like to think we did a good job.

I was there today and thought we looked pretty solid against a mediocre Forest side.Our support was very quiet IMO but we didn't really have much to shout about.

Defensively we were very solid but we could still be playing now without scoring.

Stead had a sniff as did Albert plus Marv's acrobatics but Lee Camp won't have an easier game TBH.

Heaton looks very classy and his dive to the left from their two second half eforts, before their goal. were first class. We've got a good one there.

What really riled me today was the lack of impetus after we went behind. Del changed the players but where was the urgency?

I thought albert was wasted up top behind Stead as the service was crap, yes, their 5 was superb against Stead but what's the point in playing our best player (Albert) in a position where he can't affect the game?

Fair play to my fellow 1200 cidereds who bothered to go to the CG but it wasn't a particularly inspiring performance IMO and left me asking a lot more questions than I had before I travelled.

Heaton 8. Two excellent saves and very bossy. No chance with the goal. Looking good. Even Camp applauded one of his saves. Very impressed by the 'orange flash'. Well played.

Wilson 6.5 No better or worse than I expected. Very calm under pressure and looks a good addition.

Cunningham 7.5 Very good debut. Showed some fire which I reckon we need to see from alot more of our team,

Carey 7 Couldn't see anything wrong with the old warhorse today. A typical Louis performance. well played fella.

Fontaine 6 Did OK but struggled with Blackstock who I rate. Didn't let anyone down atall.

Foster 5 Looked a bit lost at times. He's a fullback Del and it showed at times.

Pearson 3. Awful. I usually defend Pearson but he was dreadful today, totally outclassed by Guedirola (SP). Had better days but worked hard.

Skuse 4, Whoops Skusey! How many times did he pass to their players? Some decent tackles saved you from a 3. Had better days Skusey.

Woolford 5. I feel I am being generous. Lightweight in the tackle and did not affect the game when he needed to. A 5 because he did no more or less than before.

Adomah 4. Not uncle Alberts fault that I scored him so low. He is our best player IMO but couldn't have any effect on the game where del played him today. No more Del, he's a winger!

Stead 4 Is he out of their 5's pocket yet? Beaten to everything by the superb Collison (sp). He was fighting a losing battle today.

subs:

Marv 5 Typical marv, tackled anything in red and could have scored a 'worldy' at the end but lofted it gently to Lee Camp.

Anderson 6 No reason to mark him lower. He did ok and put one beautiful cross over that was begging to be put in.

Pitman Can't give the guy a score as I don't think he actually touched the ball!

Tactics: YAAAAWWWWNNNN! Wake me up if we keep playing like this. Sideways, backwards, sideways. Didn't really look like scoring as BS3red said.

1) The lads gave everything they had, and that's all I ask.

2) We were well drilled, and organised, but lacked the ability to find that cutting pass and lacked a player that could get in behind the defense. Anderson did once, pulled it back but was so quick everyone else was still making lung bursting runs past the half way line!!!

3) Unfortunately for Del, the goal came 30 seconds after he changed shape, and will have to carry a portion of the blame. It was the only time we looked unorganised, but fair play to Del, the goal went in and he sorted them out.

4) We, the fans, were bloody brilliant.

5) Nottingham isn't as far as I thought . . .

Having listened on radio, I heard stead and adomah have shots on target. As for the away following, didn't hear a peep on the radio, that said didn't hear much from forest until the goal.

Maybe it won't be the long hard season predicted on here after all

Might be, we may have played okay, but we still have a 100% loss rate, if it continues, confidence will drop rapidly. A win against palace, I would suggest, is a necessity.

My first sighting of the rare species, it made a change from the slight awkwardness of the carriage being filled with only Forest and City fans.

Well, I would complain to national rail. They should have been bolted into a seperate (secure) carriage.

You might have caught something mind!

:city: It was an even game that could have gone either way,we should have had a penalty in the first half and Read should have been sent off,and we lost two 50/50 challenges leading up to their goal.

If we have luck like that for the rest of the season its going to be a long hard season. :reaper:

I was there today and thought we looked pretty solid against a mediocre Forest side.Our support was very quiet IMO but we didn't really have much to shout about.

Defensively we were very solid but we could still be playing now without scoring.

Stead had a sniff as did Albert plus Marv's acrobatics but Lee Camp won't have an easier game TBH.

Heaton looks very classy and his dive to the left from their two second half eforts, before their goal. were first class. We've got a good one there.

What really riled me today was the lack of impetus after we went behind. Del changed the players but where was the urgency?

I thought albert was wasted up top behind Stead as the service was crap, yes, their 5 was superb against Stead but what's the point in playing our best player (Albert) in a position where he can't affect the game?

Fair play to my fellow 1200 cidereds who bothered to go to the CG but it wasn't a particularly inspiring performance IMO and left me asking a lot more questions than I had before I travelled.

Heaton 8. Two excellent saves and very bossy. No chance with the goal. Looking good. Even Camp applauded one of his saves. Very impressed by the 'orange flash'. Well played.

Wilson 6.5 No better or worse than I expected. Very calm under pressure and looks a good addition.

Cunningham 7.5 Very good debut. Showed some fire which I reckon we need to see from alot more of our team,

Carey 7 Couldn't see anything wrong with the old warhorse today. A typical Louis performance. well played fella.

Fontaine 6 Did OK but struggled with Blackstock who I rate. Didn't let anyone down atall.

Foster 5 Looked a bit lost at times. He's a fullback Del and it showed at times.

Pearson 3. Awful. I usually defend Pearson but he was dreadful today, totally outclassed by Guedirola (SP). Had better days but worked hard.

Skuse 4, Whoops Skusey! How many times did he pass to their players? Some decent tackles saved you from a 3. Had better days Skusey.

Woolford 5. I feel I am being generous. Lightweight in the tackle and did not affect the game when he needed to. A 5 because he did no more or less than before.

Adomah 4. Not uncle Alberts fault that I scored him so low. He is our best player IMO but couldn't have any effect on the game where del played him today. No more Del, he's a winger!

Stead 4 Is he out of their 5's pocket yet? Beaten to everything by the superb Collison (sp). He was fighting a losing battle today.

subs:

Marv 5 Typical marv, tackled anything in red and could have scored a 'worldy' at the end but lofted it gently to Lee Camp.

Anderson 6 No reason to mark him lower. He did ok and put one beautiful cross over that was begging to be put in.

Pitman Can't give the guy a score as I don't think he actually touched the ball!

Tactics: YAAAAWWWWNNNN! Wake me up if we keep playing like this. Sideways, backwards, sideways. Didn't really look like scoring as BS3red said.

Ok with all your scores except Skuse. Passed to their players ? No. Passed well, tackled well including some crucial blocks, tried to add drive to a very slow game, i,d say a 7 not 4

Archived