IGNORED

On A Serious Note, "mayor Stoney Of The Gate"

Dolman Block B

Purely devils' advocate here but if Manchester elected a Mayor, would it just be the city of Manchester who voted or the greater Manchester area? The city of Manchester is tiny.

Another example, Boris is the Mayor of Laaandan but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the residents of the City of Laaandan that voted for him.

A lot of people would not consider south glos, north Somerset etc to be part of bristol.

City and county of bristol. If your not part of the county of Bristol, how can you be part of the city?

There is a greater london, a greater Manchester, there is no greater Bristol area.

A lot of people would not consider south glos, north Somerset etc to be part of bristol.

City and county of bristol. If your not part of the county of Bristol, how can you be part of the city?

There is a greater london, a greater Manchester, there is no greater Bristol area.

Isn't there? genuine question and not an agressive one. When I get my tax returns, my address shows as Barrs Court, Greater Bristol.

On Wiki, it mentions the City of Bristol, urban Bristol and metropolitan area. :dunno:

I haven't got a clue where I live now, is it urban Bristol, greater Bristol or metropolitan Bristol?

Whatever it is, I shouldn't have a vote but I am now quite confused (not hard TBH).

Good luck Stoney.

Isn't there? genuine question and not an agressive one. When I get my tax returns, my address shows as Barrs Court, Greater Bristol.

On Wiki, it mentions the City of Bristol, urban Bristol and metropolitan area. :dunno:

I haven't got a clue where I live now, is it urban Bristol, greater Bristol or metropolitan Bristol?

Whatever it is, I shouldn't have a vote but I am now quite confused (not hard TBH).

Good luck Stoney.

Well, you learn a new thing every day. I didn't think there was a greater bristol.

Well, you learn a new thing every day. I didn't think there was a greater bristol.

Even more confusing, I was chatting to a bloke in the pub earlier who lives in Bitton (just down the road) which, to me is part of Bristol and he has got a Bath (as he said Baauth, posh dick) postcode.

Eh?

If Bristolians elect a Green Clown than that's their right. I have no say in South Glos, Why should you in Bristol?

Because we have to use things like the hospitals? Because there's more of us in greater Bristol? Because its our cash that keeps the few shops remaining open?

If transport was given to a regional transport authority our interest would be minimal as I struggle to see what other "service" that bcc offer anyone would want to use.

Wouldn't have him being mayor be a really bad idea if in fact he subsequently had any influence re stadium? Surely a nailed on JR for NIMBY's arguing he'd have reached an unjust decision.

#StoneyForMayor on twitter get it trending...

What are his policies? Anyone got a link?

I'm not bloody voting for him just because what he will Do for Bristol City! He may have other ideas that will adversely effect my everyday life.

What is is policies on social care for old people.

Has he a view on education and health care?

Transport and employment strategies .

I don't think Stoney would have a chance of winning. He would ruffle a few feathers and make the campaign a lot more entertaining.

More power to his elbow I say.

Because we have to use things like the hospitals? Because there's more of us in greater Bristol? Because its our cash that keeps the few shops remaining open?

If transport was given to a regional transport authority our interest would be minimal as I struggle to see what other "service" that bcc offer anyone would want to use.

Latest cenus Bristol population on the increased 450,000 I don't have the figures for South Glos but it Im sure it's less than that .

Its Bristol people shopping at the Mall which keep the Mall open I suspect it's very much a two way street when it comes to shopping.

With the respect it is very much down to Citizens of Bristol who we choose to elect just like its nothing to do with me who you elect in South Bristol. Until there is a Greater Bristol that shall remain the same.

What is is policies on social care for old people.

Has he a view on education and health care?

Transport and employment strategies .

I don't think Stoney would have a chance of winning. He would ruffle a few feathers and make the campaign a lot more entertaining.

More power to his elbow I say.

I have visions of him in the council chamber, shouting about leaving men up the pitch while defending a corner. And quite rightly. Doesn't help with my bin collection though :)

Really don't want a Greater Bristol Authority - In case the clown who did the maths for this project is re-employed

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/800-council-staff-Council-House-overhaul/story-16733770-detail/story.html

"The overhaul is part of a £70 million project to reduce the number of council offices from 35 down to nine in the next three or four years with the aim of generating savings of nearly £40 million during the next 25 years."

I have visions of him in the council chamber, shouting about leaving men up the pitch while defending a corner. And quite rightly. Doesn't help with my bin collection though :)

Im pretty sure, that in order to save costs, he is going do collect every bin himself.

TRL, you are quite right, that people should not just vote for him due to his Bristol City connection, this has to be whats good for Bristol.

I have just spoke to him regarding his policies, manifesto etc, and he has said he and his team are still working on this and he will reveal them at the end of the month, when he has completed them.

Regards.

Even more confusing, I was chatting to a bloke in the pub earlier who lives in Bitton (just down the road) which, to me is part of Bristol and he has got a Bath (as he said Baauth, posh dick) postcode.

Eh?

One of the arguments against having a mayor is that the powers are limited to Bristol's boundaries and not a greater Bristol that would include parts of South Glous like Kingswood where I live, N Somerset and Bath and NE Somerset. How a mayor can properly tackle things like traffic, housing etc when he is working in such a limited area is beyond me. If you look at the size of the area that london's mayor had you can't compare.

Final question, Longwell is Bristol postcode, Bitton is Bath, what Postcode is Willsbridge, birthplace of former City player Matt Hewltt and located between the two?

One of the arguments against having a mayor is that the powers are limited to Bristol's boundaries and not a greater Bristol that would include parts of South Glous like Kingswood where I live, N Somerset and Bath and NE Somerset. How a mayor can properly tackle things like traffic, housing etc when he is working in such a limited area is beyond me. If you look at the size of the area that london's mayor had you can't compare.

Final question, Longwell is Bristol postcode, Bitton is Bath, what Postcode is Willsbridge, birthplace of former City player Matt Hewltt and located between the two?

BS30. The boundary is the cycle path I think, or possibly the round about. That road can see you drive through 3 different counties in 10 minutes, which shows what a joke it is.

A couple of years ago Dan Norris was campaigning for yet another council - Wansdyke? As people in BANES feel it is too Bath centric

Bitton is BS30

Willsbridge BS30

Longwell Green BS30

Quick look on the Internet .

Bristol population 430,000

South Gloucestershire 260,000

I was a little surprised at poster not knowing where they live !

Bristol have expanded over the centuries, Ashton Gate and Bedminster was still I'm Somerset in 1900 but in became part of Bristol , so did the villages of Brislington and Bishopworth . However for some reason when Bristol expanded to th North and East these areas remained in Gloustershire until 1974 when Avon was formed.

The M4 and M5 motorways brought prosperity to the North Bristol fringe and with open fields it was developed for housing and business. Because of the high tax intake of this area politicians who controlled this area from North Avon wanted to hold on to it when Avon was disbanded in 1994 .

This is why the City is divided because of short term interest and politcal convenience .

The sensible thing to do is have on Council for the ALL of Bristol .

You need to add the population figures of North Som and BANES, although thats where it's gets muddled as some parts are far away and couldn't be considered Greater Bristol.

I suspect that this mayor palava will open the door to an expansion of control. When mentioned in the past, people of Keynsham were very much against the idea of being part ofBristol, yet people with a bS30 post code feels part of Bristol, as there is no break.

TRL, you are quite right, that people should not just vote for him due to his Bristol City connection, this has to be whats good for Bristol.

I have just spoke to him regarding his policies, manifesto etc, and he has said he and his team are still working on this and he will reveal them at the end of the month, when he has completed them.

Regards.

Does Stoney have to qualify in any sort of way to stand for Mayor Chris?

Regards.

Cheers.

How does he plan getting his message to the masses? Should I expect a flyer through the door anytime soon? I will keep an eye out, instead of picking up the usual crap that comes through and ends up straight in the bin. I may have to start filtering my letter box.

Cheers.

How does he plan getting his message to the masses? Should I expect a flyer through the door anytime soon? I will keep an eye out, instead of picking up the usual crap that comes through and ends up straight in the bin. I may have to start filtering my letter box.

Not sure yet, but I will be speaking to him again later, and will let you know.

You need to add the population figures of North Som and BANES, although thats where it's gets muddled as some parts are far away and couldn't be considered Greater Bristol.

I suspect that this mayor palava will open the door to an expansion of control. When mentioned in the past, people of Keynsham were very much against the idea of being part ofBristol, yet people with a bS30 post code feels part of Bristol, as there is no break.

I don't think Keynsham,Yate or Nailsea to be part of Bristol there are Towns in their on right.

Kingswood, Filton , Longwell Green , Bradley Stoke should be in Bristol . Increasing the size and the population of Bristol will give it a bigger voice at National Government level.

Not sure yet, but I will be speaking to him again later, and will let you know.

..back in the 70's Stoney addressed a meeting in Oldland Village Hall, he spoke to us of this new wonder washing powder called Fug.

Can you ask him, if elected, will he get Fug onto our local supermarket shelves? it sounded like a superb product and impressed many of us in the room at the time, but sadly its proved impossible to find in any shop... I've spent the last 40 years trying to track down a packet of the stuff. I beginning to wonder if Stoney was only joking about Fug and perhaps it doesnt exist at all?

Maybe Stoney would like to share with us once again the wonder that was Fug?

(ps for meeting -read gig :) )

Archived