IGNORED

Premier 25 Man Squad.. Loan Market Will Be Crazy After 1St Sept

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

Just reading this article from a Chelsea fan it makes you think how crazy the loan market can be..

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/21/3173256/impact-of-signings-on-premier-league-25-man-squad

There will be many a player that will look to be shipped out come 1st Sept.

And over the seasons many teams have unearthed a starlet on loan.

Caulker to mention just one.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks...

Trouble is, all clubs in our division will have the chance to get a loan in from the Premier League, and generally the players from the top clubs such as ManUtd, ManCity, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea want to stay in the North or London.

Guess we'd have a better chance with players from the likes of Villa, Reading, West Brom and Southampton !!

Maybe a player like schneiderlin from southampton then. I think he could be down the pecking order this season and he is still young and quality

Dunno, he played against man city. I don't know if saints had injuries, but I'm sure I saw him scuff one past the post on motd

Just reading this article from a Chelsea fan it makes you think how crazy the loan market can be..

http://www.weaintgot...ue-25-man-squad

There will be many a player that will look to be shipped out come 1st Sept.

And over the seasons many teams have unearthed a starlet on loan.

Caulker to mention just one.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks...

As far as I'm aware, you don't need to name under 21's in the 25 man squad, yet they are still eligible to play.

Therefore, Caulker doesn't have to be named in the squad but can still play for Spurs, as he's 20.

The potential Prem loanees available will be those who are over 25 and not named in the squads. There won't be many.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need to name under 21's in the 25 man squad, yet they are still eligible to play.

Therefore, Caulker doesn't have to be named in the squad but can still play for Spurs, as he's 20.

The potential Prem loanees available will be those who are over 25 and not named in the squads. There won't be many.

You're correct

I think he meant Caulker was a young gem unearthed through the loan system, separate from the point about 25 man squads.

Dare I say it..... Suso ;)

as far as i know, he is under 21 so must not be named in the 25 anyway. you can have as many under 21s as you want. the real fun will be regarding the over 21s who are left out of squads, and cannot be named in the team for PL games. teams will be desperate to get them out.

Any player who was 21 before 1st January 2012 has to be registered. There'll be some 21-23 yr olds that didn't make it I guess but you're right, there won't be a glut of players available for loan.

Many of the bigger clubs have cut their senior squad sizes to conform, even Man City aren't as far off as people might imagine and the kinds of players they leave out are more likely to be going abroad or to another Prem side on loan.

Archived