IGNORED

Out Of Contract Players

One Team

"Lee Peacock, Louis Carey, Christian Roberts, Aaron Brown, Craig Woodman, Joe Burnell, Matthew Hill, Tony Rougier and Lee Matthews are among those sweating over their futures today."

From todays EP.

We need to get tough and act tough.

The ONLY player worthy of a contract renewal is Matt Hill.

Its time to ship out the dead wood and move on.

One Team

Lee P, Lee M, Tony R will all go i think.

Joe B will be resigned as much as i think he should be released.

Brown, Wooman, Hill and Carey will all be resigned.

Roberts is the only player who I'm really not sure about.

I would keep Carey, Hill, Aaran Brown (We would have had automatic promotion had he not got injured) and perhaps Roberts.

Wilson will want to keep Peacock.

We must be carefull, if we rip the sqaud apart we will be relying on Wilson bringing in replacements. With his track record of ##** signing next year could be a real struggle.

aa-bcfc

honestly i think

Lee Peacock, - gone - getting worse all the time

Louis Carey - gone - once amankwaah back not needed

Christian Roberts - Stay - Quality and will only get better

Aaron Brown - Stay - Badly missed since injury

Craig Woodman - Stay - Next Long Term Left Back

Joe Burnell - gone - (if tommy stays!)

Matthew Hill - Stay - Too good to let go

Tony Rougier - Gone - Harsh, but although strong, little end product

Lee Matthews - Gone - Useless

I think we need to be firm though.

Some of the players mentioned are just those players who didn't perform yesterday.

We've proven that with what we've got, we can't get promotion, so changes have to be made.

The one area I am pleased with is the defence, however. Its midfield onwards that needs sorting out.

One Team

Guest Champagne Football

Major changes are needed, this team has become stale and predictable.

Team next season

............................Phillips

........Carey............Coles..................Hill

MarvinB...Fortune...Doherty...Anyinsah...AaronB

.....................Gillespie.......Lita

Subs. Amankwaah, Hawkins, Miller, Simpson, Roberts

Lets inject some life into the team and get rid of the dross.

Released.

Peacock

Woodman

Bell

Tinnion

Rougier

Burnell

I like Rougier but we can't afford his wages in our financial state. This seems very harsh on some players, but that is football. We need to build next season and bring in the next wave of talent from our academy through. Afterall that is where the best players from our current team have come.

Look at the team and we need cover in each position...

GK: Phillips/Stowell

RB: Amankwaah/Harley

CB: Coles/Hill

CB: Butler/Fortune

LB: Woodman/???

RM: Murray/Anyinsah

CM: Doherty/???

CM: Wilkshire/Tinnion

LM: A.Brown/Goodfellow

CF: Miller/Gillespie

CF: Roberts/Lita

So Carey, Peacock, Matthews, Burnell, Bell, Rougier, Caskey, M.Brown can all go. Get a Left Back and Central Midfielder in. Get more players in if Coles/Doherty sold or Tinnion retires.

Guest DANBOY_BCFC

Team next season

Hello Division 3

Guest Champagne Football
Hello Division 3
Dont be afraid to try the untested.

Can you really see Wilkshire doing more than Fortune? Fortune has more presence and wouldn't get knocked off the ball as much as well as providing an aerial threat.

Have you been watching Murray recently? Marvin has as much pace as Murray and more skill. Everytime I have seen him he worries defenders when running at them.

Tinnion is past it I am afraid to say. We have no natural left central midfielder and sure as hell can't afford one. Anyinsah has a lot of skill and would push forward a lot. He won't have the same defensive qualities as Tinman but that is what Doherty is for.

Peacock simply hasn't got enough goals something which Gillespie can get and if not we always have Robbo, who on reflection probably would make the team for either Gillespie or Lita depending on the form the strikers are in. Besides Lita must have scored the most goals this season for the amount of time he has been on the pitch, bar Goodfellow.

I like the look of this side it is very attacking, would be good to watch and it would also entertain the crowd. This is why I pay for my season ticket, to be excited, this season has been drab and I have been left feeling bitter and angry. I would much rather watch the side I picked than go through any of what I witnessed this season again.

Think what you like but if you keep the current midfield and forward line they won't make any impression on Division one and I have my doubts on their ability at division two. This is the type of team we need, looking at the long term future of the club, they will want to play and won't cost a thing. But I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

Team next season

Hello Division 3
I dunno how you can say Hello Division 3...

Hes about the only person thats making sense, get rid of the old and start fresh with a young team that might be exciting to watch. The team at the moment, are boring to watch and have nothing to offer.

Roberts = not a legend.

This squad has had 4 season to get us up

and have failed to do so

Its time for a major clear out

Keep

Hill, Brown(a) ,Woodman and roberts

Let go

Carey, Amankwaah, Bell, Stowell, mathews, peacock, brown(m) and Tinnion

also let Tommy go if we get any good bids(over £500,000)

if we sold tommy i would keep Burnell

A new manager!! not sure

Do you think Darren Caskey will be retained now we have another year in the 2nd div, i was amazed he never made the bench in a game since he was signed, with his passing and free kick skills he could have made all the difference.

"Lee Peacock, Louis Carey, Christian Roberts, Aaron Brown, Craig Woodman, Joe Burnell, Matthew Hill, Tony Rougier and Lee Matthews are among those sweating over their futures today."

From todays EP.

We need to get tough and act tough.

The ONLY player worthy of a contract renewal is Matt Hill.

Its time to ship out the dead wood and move on.

One Team

Why are they sweating? Some of those have had 5 seasons to get City promoted and yet they still turn in "performances" like that yesterday.

Just to let off a bit more steam here is my list of shame for those that should be shown the door:

Amankwaah - Dont see the fascination some have with him. 1 good performance whilst at right back at Walsall 3 or 4 years ago is all I can remember. His lazy approach sums up City.

Burnell - Simply not good enough in any way shape or form.

Bell - Thanks for the memories but you've not got what it takes. A big earner of the wage bill aswell.

Wilkshire - Far too lightweight for division two when we need to fight against supposed lesser opposition. A waste of money when we knew he'd be off playing in pointless U23 for Oz every 5 mins.

Goodfellow - Lightweight like Wilkshire. Good to see that Pulis is still taking us for a ride.

Peacock - You've been a waster for far too long. Simply abysmal since Christmas for somebody who is supposed to be Danny Wilsons best ever signing.

Roberts - Goes from brilliant to poor in the blink of an eye. We cant afford to carry players if we're ever going to get out of this living hell.

Matthews - What was the point?

That feels better and by my reckoning I've wiped about £1.25m off our wage bill.

there is too much panicking going on here. The bulk of the current team with a couple of decent additions in midfield (let burnell go) and striker (let mathews go) would be good enough for automatic promotion. The only problem is Wilsons signings have been mostly ##*p so signing additional players would be a major risk.

I think that at this time we have a team capable of winning promotion.

Phillips

Carey Coles Hill Woodman

Murray Doherty Tinnion Brown

Roberts Miller

There is still improvement that could be made on this 11 through signing players but I don't think Wilson has the ability to do that.

Players like Amankwaah Goodfellow Butler Lita Wilkshire can act as good cover so long as they are played in the correct position and keep the team winning.

I would like to see Peacock leave just because he is an average player. Burnell has got to leave cos he is the only player that does more harm than good. Matthews should go because we would have 4 other strikers and his injury proness means that he is a risk. With Bell I am of the opinion that he is good cover and nothing more so unless he is on the correct wages for a squad player he can go.

Rougier is slow and ageing so would only be a squad player in my opinion

I don't understand some people who say Woodman and Brown should leave because to me they are clearly first division players when played in the correct position and a left hand side of Woodman and Brown would be superb opposed to a Hill and Bell one.

Lee Peacock, Louis Carey, Christian Roberts, Aaron Brown, Marvin Brown, Craig Woodman, Joe Burnell, Matthew Hill, Tony Rougier and Lee Matthews

Out of all those mentioned, realistically you have to keep all of our defenders because they have all done very well this season,

So Hill, Carey and Woodman should all be safe as all have been outstanding as a unit, but I would only offer a maximum of 2 year contract with an optional year added.

Aaron Brown should be offered a years contract with a further year as optional if he can find the kind of form that made WBA sit up and take notice. Marvin should be on a 6 month contract, where failure to make more than a set number of starts will result in offloading, Amankwaah the same as Marvin B.

Matthews must leave along with Burnell for definate, I feel for Burnell because it's obvious he isn't up to standard, but has always given 100% in every game he's played in and never deserved the stick he recieved from the stands.

Tough decision for Wilson who stays up front, Peacock will run all game and take some knocks with little return, Roberts runs all day long when given a chance with little return, personally I would keep neither and give Miller a season with Lita, I'm sure both would get at least the same return of goals we've have had from a Peacock and Roberts partnership.

So HILL,CAREY,WOODMAN 2 year contracts with 1 year extension option.

BROWN A 1 year with a 1 year extension option.

BROWN M, AMANKWAAH 6 months contract.

PEACOCK,ROBERTS,MATTHEWS,ROUGIER,CASKEY and BURNELL out the door. IMO.

Peacock- gone, give kids a chance, high wage, lack of production, etc.

Roberts- stay.

Carey- 50/50 probably on higher wages than some of the kids. I'd say may hang on Coles' future. Would be nice to bring him back in a diminished roll for less money. Give Kev, Woodman,Fortune etc a chance.

Hill-100% must come back

Aaron, would be inclinced to give him a short contract one year deal. He's played well (at times) and seems more consistant than in the past.

Burnell- back as a squad player. He provides nice cover for several positions.

Mathews- I would actually think about bringing him back for short cheap deal. not sure the word "massive" is big enough to describe the paycut he'd have to take though

Bell- gone thank you for your service and I hope you do well at a lower level.

Rougier- 50/50 we have Murray already, seems like it might be a waste of salary space in duplication of values.

Caskey- thank you for coming heres a coupon for 2 for 1 pies

As far as people being talked about us selling I hope Philips, Docs and Coles all stay. But I understand if they want to move on.

Archived