IGNORED

The Squad - How Good?

Brizzle Jordan

Okay, let's assume we sign Amougou and that completes our summer business, how good will our squad be?

* is for second positions

Goalkeepers:

Tom Heaton

Dean Gerken

Lewis Carey

Right Full Backs:

Mark Wilson

Richard Foster

Louis Carey*

Left Full Backs:

Greg Cunningham

Richard Foster*

Joe Bryan

Lewin Nyatanga

Centre Backs:

Liam Fontaine

Andre Amougou

Louis Carey

James Wilson

Lewin Nyatanga

Right Wingers:

Albert Adomah

Yannick Bolasie

Paul Anderson

Left Wingers:

Martyn Woolford

Stephen Pearson*

Paul Anderson

Steve Davies

Centre Midfielders:

Cole Skuse

Jody Morris

Marvin Elliot

Neil Kilkenny

Stephen Pearson

Strikers:

Jon Stead

Sam Baldock

Steve Davies

Brett Pitman

Ryan Taylor

I think that squad is far stronger than any of us anticipated it would be this season. Well done to Del and the board for really going for it. Who said we wouldn't spend more than 1m in the window?

Good post, I think the fact we have quality through the squad will mean there will be a bit more determination to stay in the side... This was perfectly evidenced in the last minute with the game won when Foster bombed forward on the overlap. No need to do it but you can see he wants to stay in the side and has to play well to do so.

Arguably the best squad we've had since we've been at this level, certainly on paper. Brilliant feeling.

After he came in, McInnes spent most of last season fire fighting with one hand tied behind his back (existing player contracts) and the over-riding priority to avoid relegation.

Having watched tonight's superb, totally dominant and committed performance by the entire team, I think we are about to see the real DMC step forward and personally I am looking forward to this season more than any I can remember for many a year.

Let's not get too carried away after just one good result, but I think we can assume we will not be in a relegation battle again at the end of this season.

And it could be a great deal better than that.

Archived