IGNORED

Bcfc Barnet Branch

sglosbcfc

Years ago, on a boxing day when City were away and the Gas were at home to Northampton, I went to the Mem and stood in the away end with a Northampton supporting mate of mine. After an hour the Gas were 1-0 up and (iirc) fully in control. All the songs coming from the Blackthorn were about how much they hate City so the Cobblers fans started singing pro-City and pro-Ashton Gate songs, not because they like us but because it was obvious that it would wind up the home 'support'.

I've never seen so much foam and rage in response, some of the sags were practically trying to chew their way into the away terrace...the Northampton fans were pissing themselves by the pathetic reaction so they carried on. They also scored two late goals to win the game.

The point of this story is, they only have themselves to blame.

Typical gas heads always worried what we are doing in the league or how we are getting on in our match.... concentrate on ur own team u bunch of gimps!!

apart from the occasional "we all hate gas scum" we dont usually sing songs about rovers becus we dont care about them, they are this little team in this great city that are never gunna be on our level!!

Typical peasant sags, always like to talk about how they "went in the away end" with a mate. Boot on the other foot, and it's the end of the world.

Gobby no-mark shithouses who, if "claiming the moral high" was a sport, would top the table.

Also I notice ld their club twitter uses a #believe hash tag. Where have we seen that before? Mugs

Typical gas heads always worried what we are doing in the league or how we are getting on in our match.... concentrate on ur own team u bunch of gimps!!

apart from the occasional "we all hate gas scum" we dont usually sing songs about rovers becus we dont care about them, they are this little team in this great city that are never gunna be on our level!!

To be fair that's not quite true.

Years ago, on a boxing day when City were away and the Gas were at home to Northampton, I went to the Mem and stood in the away end with a Northampton supporting mate of mine. After an hour the Gas were 1-0 up and (iirc) fully in control. All the songs coming from the Blackthorn were about how much they hate City so the Cobblers fans started singing pro-City and pro-Ashton Gate songs, not because they like us but because it was obvious that it would wind up the home 'support'.

I've never seen so much foam and rage in response, some of the sags were practically trying to chew their way into the away terrace...the Northampton fans were pissing themselves by the pathetic reaction so they carried on. They also scored two late goals to win the game.

The point of this story is, they only have themselves to blame.

I was there!!!! Brilliant game/result!!! So funny watching their faces when all the city songs were doin the rounds!!

Typical peasant sags, always like to talk about how they "went in the away end" with a mate. Boot on the other foot, and it's the end of the world.

Gobby no-mark shithouses who, if "claiming the moral high" was a sport, would top the table.

Also I notice ld their club twitter uses a #believe hash tag. Where have we seen that before? Mugs

To be fair that's not quite true.

exactly.... just check the last few page son this forum plenty of threads about Rovers... far too many for fans that dont care or consider us rivals anymore

quite right too...Bring it on.. gotta love a bit of banter

Archived