IGNORED

Pitman Speculation

Gazred

We would be lucky to get half of that, I would say his stock has not risen that much since we signed him from Bournemouth when he was banging them in.

If we can recoup what we paid for Davies i.e. 600-800k we would have done very well.

One thing is for sure I would be very surprised to see him still here on the 1st September

agent talk to try and drum up intrest,

If Burnley really wanted him they would of bid for him by now (they might of of course)

I think one or two are lined up to leave as lansdown wouldn't of agreed funds for new signing otherwise due to FFP

I simply don't understand the Pitman hype... He is a completely unproven striker in the championship and lazy. The only thing people can say is 'he is a good finisher' (which he isn't as he has missed plenty of sitters). He can maybe score from outside the area 1-10 attempts.

Everytime I have seen him play he just looks like he doesn't want to be there and can't be bothered.

1 million for Pitman? I'll drive him there myself. He's last in the pecking order here, let him go!

Pitman just isn't good enough to play for us. He was OK to have on the bench behind Maynard but times have changed and we've got 4 strikers who are far superior to him in ability and the fact he's not really the type we need.

Whatever his previous valuation was, it must be much lower now. Clubs know he’s 4th / 5th choice striker at City, and City need to off load players to balance the books. £450K with a few add-ons based on appearances / goals scored etc that might raise the final fee to £600K would be a good deal for City.

Whatever his previous valuation was, it must be much lower now. Clubs know he’s 4th / 5th choice striker at City, and City need to off load players to balance the books. £450K with a few add-ons based on appearances / goals scored etc that might raise the final fee to £600K would be a good deal for City.

Thats the beauty of it... we don't need to offload him or anyone else as we've focused on our financials through this transfer window.

He will flatter to deceive like he has here, his game is severely lacking in so many areas.

BCAGFC

I'm of the opinion he is now surplus but I'm struggling to see where his game is "severely lacking in so many areas".

He has good vision, can pass, good at linking the play, good finisher, finds space well, not bad in the air.....So where is he severely lacking?

I would say his work rate and demeanour are not the best and he is not that pacey, but he seems to do okay without that.

I'm of the opinion he is now surplus but I'm struggling to see where his game is "severely lacking in so many areas".

He has good vision, can pass, good at linking the play, good finisher, finds space well, not bad in the air.....So where is he severely lacking?

I would say his work rate and demeanour are not the best and he is not that pacey, but he seems to do okay without that.

he can't pass unless its 3 yards sideways and doesn't link up play at all due to having his hands on his hips shouting at anyone who doesn't pass to him or his feet, I can't remember him winning that many headers ether but I could be wrong on that

He is a finisher with a bit of flair another lee trundle thats all

Austin Paterson and ings are all injured

I think a loan is most likely, I doubt they would want another permanent striker on the pay role. If supporters here think 5 is too many, why so different at Burnley.

I think a loan to Burnley, or possible permanent elsewhere. Possibly Blackpool?

Not sure where you have plucked those qualities from... The only one that you could maybe get a few people to agree with you on is that he is a good finisher which i disagree with as he shoots off target more than any of our other strikers IMO.

I think the fact that you listed 'can pass' as one of his qualities shows how poor he really is, I think ever player above conference can pass!

he can't pass unless its 3 yards sideways and doesn't link up play at all due to having his hands on his hips shouting at anyone who doesn't pass to him or his feet, I can't remember him winning that many headers ether but I could be wrong on that

He is a finisher with a bit of flair another lee trundle thats all

Funny how different people view the same players, personally I think his link up play and passing are very good and he is surprisingly decent in the air given how tall he is compared to most centre backs. Pretty certain he'd score goals for another team.

Archived