IGNORED

Andre Amogou

TinnionForEngland

From today's 'Post'

Andre Amougou has been training with City this week, but McInnes has no plans to offer the centre-back a deal.

The Cameroon defender spent several weeks on loan at Ashton Gate towards the end of last season and has since been released by Burnley.

He is training with City in order to gain fitness, but his future clearly lies elsewhere.

From today's 'Post'

Andre Amougou has been training with City this week, but McInnes has no plans to offer the centre-back a deal.

The Cameroon defender spent several weeks on loan at Ashton Gate towards the end of last season and has since been released by Burnley.

He is training with City in order to gain fitness, but his future clearly lies elsewhere.

I wonder how much truth there is in that, or whether it is just the view of Shitehausen?

I have been told by someone with a reasonable access to playing staff info, that he is very over-weight. If he can shift it & get fit we may be interested.

I have heard someone say the same thing. I am not in the know, and I have heard it very third hand that he has been asking top dollar and also very unfit, but as with Wilson he is working on his fitness with the club ( fitness and training it seems Del is a master at ??????? ) and looking at his options. As I say all third hand but it has been said to me.

I have been told by someone with a reasonable access to playing staff info, that he is very over-weight. If he can shift it & get fit we may be interested.

Given that he is a free agent and unemployed and he then reportedly returns at the start of the season unfit to play, that scenario would set the alarm bells ringing big time with me!! Is this not a similar situation to that alleged to have been the case with Damion Stewart last year (compounded of course by the fact that Mr Stewart was not a free agent but a contracted player) showing a huge (no pun intended) lack of professionalism by returning very very unfit and out of shape?!! That kind of attitude in the modern game has to be a concern. Not much point considering offering terms to someone who may not be fit enough to play for another 2-3 months.

Given that he is a free agent and unemployed and he then reportedly returns at the start of the season unfit to play, that scenario would set the alarm bells ringing big time with me!! Is this not a similar situation to that alleged to have been the case with Damion Stewart last year (compounded of course by the fact that Mr Stewart was not a free agent but a contracted player) showing a huge (no pun intended) lack of professionalism by returning very very unfit and out of shape?!! That kind of attitude in the modern game has to be a concern. Not much point considering offering terms to someone who may not be fit enough to play for another 2-3 months.

I agree entirely, I find it unbelivable that these highly paid professionals don't look after themselves during the short gap between May and when they report back, or when they expect to be looking for a new club. It's a short career, they can become king pie-eater once they pack it all in. As far as Amogou is concerned, I've been told the club will give him a month to slim down and get fit. We shall see.

In either case it bodes well that he's training with us. Clearly the fact both him and Wilson have wanted to be at the club to train shows that players like training here and McInnes keeps his options open.

I hope we move for a centre-back in any case as I'm not sure we can wait for a month (especially if it means losing other targets) but it's good he's here and training with us and shows McInnes is doing well to keep on terms with players outside the club.

His fitness is progressing well. Still expect him to sign a deal.

Stockhausen is chatting shit .

No ITK from me, but I tend to believe this rather then less flattering rumours.

I doubt very much Del and Doc would be wasting time and resources keeping him around if they didn't think it might pay off for us in some way.

Why would Amougou train with us if it wasn't some kind of trial, either to prove fitness, or attitude.

Unless he is renting one of Curbs properties it's unlikely he moved here permenantly during his loan spell, so he must be here for a reason, other than it just being handy to use the City's facilities.

Just listening to the podcast for the malaysian sell out game and an interview with Del has been cancelled as he is talking to a defender. Bean Head has stepped in and said he is hoping to have a defender on board before Saturday.

Andre?

Just listening to the podcast for the malaysian sell out game and an interview with Del has been cancelled as he is talking to a defender. Bean Head has stepped in and said he is hoping to have a defender on board before Saturday.

Andre?

If he had to rush off to sort it out it won't be Bikey. Why would he need to rush off for someone who is around the club every day.

Andre?

My guess would be Monk.

I don't understand the Amougou stuff, though.

Why would he be training with us if we're not interested in signing him?

He doesn't live in Bristol, he's clearly not from this part of the world and as he's married with a couple of kids why would he be here when presumably we would not picking up the tab for his accommodation if he's simply training with us "to get fitter"?

I still think we've had him here to see how fit he is by the time the window closes just in case we don't get anyone else in.

Archived