IGNORED

As Little As £20 - Where?

swampy

You can get a seat for this game for as little as £20 (plus £1 booking fee). Pay on the day, and the exact same seat will cost you £25, and you'll probably have to queue up to buy it.

Comparisons

Buy Online and print at home: Wedlock: N/A; Atyeo: £22; Williams: £24; Dolman (middle): £26.

Buy by phone with booking fee: Wedlock: £21; Atyeo: £23; Williams: £25; Dolman (middle): £27.

Pay on the day: Wedlock: £25; Atyeo: £25; Williams: £28; Dolman (middle): £30.

As you can see, you'll make some real savings by buying in advance, and you won't have to queue.

Why are the club pushing online ticket sales so much. Think it means end of the ticket office at AG, we will all turn up with our piece of paper or phone on day of game and scan them in.

Just shows why cuts were made in certain areas by the club.

Why? Because its much cheaper and less administration involved. Most things I buy tickets for these days involve printing tickets out and so forth.

With the FFP rules if this helps us afford the wages of the likes of Baldock then I'll prefer it, personally.

Why? Because its much cheaper and less administration involved. Most things I buy tickets for these days involve printing tickets out and so forth.

With the FFP rules if this helps us afford the wages of the likes of Baldock then I'll prefer it, personally.

I agree, just in the summer people were asking why the redundancies at the club and here's the reason why. Only thing that is worrying is if only one window is open that is going to cause long queues till people print or receive tickets. Maybe should of staggered the number of windows open.

FFP is fair enough but how we sticking to it if we release 10 players in summer and seem to have signed 8 on pretty good wages ( I guess).

I agree, just in the summer people were asking why the redundancies at the club and here's the reason why. Only thing that is worrying is if only one window is open that is going to cause long queues till people print or receive tickets. Maybe should of staggered the number of windows open.

FFP is fair enough but how we sticking to it if we release 10 players in summer and seem to have signed 8 on pretty good wages ( I guess).

I thought the point was you printed your own tickets, at home.

Yes it is, but the reason your printing your ticket at home is because there's only 1 ticket window open, so your hand is slightly forced queue at ground and miss start of game or print at home.It's easier for everyone to print at home so it's a good thing, just seems daft to cut down on ticketing staff and creating large queues at the ground.

There aren't many people these days that don't have a computer at home and/or a smart phone- hell, my 81 year old Nan has a laptop and a printer. If people can catch a flight to Europe with a home-printed ticket (as my aforementioned Nan has done) then they can go to a football match

You can get a seat for this game for as little as £20 (plus £1 booking fee). Pay on the day, and the exact same seat will cost you £25, and you'll probably have to queue up to buy it.

Comparisons

Buy Online and print at home: Wedlock: N/A; Atyeo: £22; Williams: £24; Dolman (middle): £26.

Buy by phone with booking fee: Wedlock: £21; Atyeo: £23; Williams: £25; Dolman (middle): £27.

Pay on the day: Wedlock: £25; Atyeo: £25; Williams: £28; Dolman (middle): £30.

As you can see, you'll make some real savings by buying in advance, and you won't have to queue.

I think he means wedlock by phone (21 quid) but I did notice this too. I like dave l but based on that blog the 20quid ticket is a lie as it will cost u 21 quid

Only a pound but principle that counts

How is "£20 (plus £1 booking fee)" a lie? It's not exactly hidden in the smallprint is it? I know that adding 20 and 1 would be a bit challenging for the six fingered ones that support the gas*, but I thought it was perfectly clear.....

edit: *on reflection it wouldn't be - they can get up to 24 by using their toes as well!

Yes it is, but the reason your printing your ticket at home is because there's only 1 ticket window open, so your hand is slightly forced queue at ground and miss start of game or print at home.It's easier for everyone to print at home so it's a good thing, just seems daft to cut down on ticketing staff and creating large queues at the ground.

Well surely they go hand in hand, the reduced ticket off staff/windows is because most of the time people can do it themselves.

In a few years times at new stadia you won't even do that, you'll order them online and it'll be downloaded to your phone and you'll swipe your phone at the turnstiles to let you in.

How is "£20 (plus £1 booking fee)" a lie? It's not exactly hidden in the smallprint is it? I know that adding 20 and 1 would be a bit challenging for the six fingered ones that support the gas*, but I thought it was perfectly clear.....

edit: *on reflection it wouldn't be - they can get up to 24 by using their toes as well!

Exactly - It's pretty clear (To me at least) that the ticket costs £20, and there is a £1 booking fee. Hence the value of the ticket is £20, and you will also be charged and administration fee of £1 if you want to sent to you. If you do not want it sent to you, it will cost you £20, just the value of the ticket... pretty easy...

Well surely they go hand in hand, the reduced ticket off staff/windows is because most of the time people can do it themselves.

In a few years times at new stadia you won't even do that, you'll order them online and it'll be downloaded to your phone and you'll swipe your phone at the turnstiles to let you in.

Get with the times, daddio. :sub:

You'll walk through the turnstile without taking your phone out of your pocket.

Get with the times, daddio. :sub:

You'll walk through the turnstile without taking your phone out of your pocket.

Nah you'll be watching the game live through retina implants. First person view from woolycam as he slams in his 5th of the match.

No need to get off our fat arses and waddle down to the gate, stand in queues and eat shite.

Why are potd prices differant to prebooked? I go when I can but son plays footy Saturdays in Manchester ko vary 9 to 11. So dependant on weather etc, don't know till day if can go, doesn't make you feel happy when you've got to pay extra on the day, due to no fault of your own.

For all the reason listed above , I imagine. People who just pitch up on the day will have to be served in person and that is clearly what the club is trying to get away from. (rightly or wrongly)

For all the reason listed above , I imagine. People who just pitch up on the day will have to be served in person and that is clearly what the club is trying to get away from. (rightly or wrongly)

But it was the same last season and more people worked in the ticket office then. Why as I explained before I can't pay in advance should I be charged more than someone who paid day before but still queues in the same queue for a ticket.

Doesn't happen at the cinema, theatre or concerts. Is this just a football thing?

Why as I explained before I can't pay in advance should I be charged more than someone who paid day before but still queues in the same queue for a ticket.

You are charged the normal price because you are not paying until the day of the match - simple.

If you buy a day earlier you get a reduction in the price - simple.

(If you really want to go further, it is quicker to just collect tickets than pay for them hence less labour/time and cheaper.)

But doesn't explain why potd is dearer, cinema charge same, theatre charge same, concerts charge same. Just football have a price structure that means you pay more on the day.

Why can't I print a ticket out at 10.30 Saturday morning and pay no extra. Why does someone get it cheaper who will do same thing 24 hours earlier. There is no option to do this, this would save on staff costs, same number of staff work each match day so doesn't save on costs, set number must be in place.

Oh yeah, it is perfectly clear that it does indeed cost 21 but why seperate the booking fee n the ticket .

On reflection perhaps the word lie was a bit strong and I certainly don't mean to accuse dave l of lieing. My general point (and this applies to most ticketting policies ) these days is that they are advertised at a different price to wat u actually pay due to the booking fee (admittedly a pound is less than some outlets charge)

Archived