IGNORED

The Difference Between Players Is Attitude

numbeast

Well Yannick has now got his "Dream" move to Palace it has got me thinking about the make up of the rest of our squad mentally. Bolasie showed some promise towards the end of last season and until his transfer request I thought he'd get a few more games this year. But it appears patience isn't one of his strong points. Fortunately we do have players at the club who do demonstrate the right attitude.

Ryan Taylor had his problems with injury last year and only made 1 sub appearance albeit a scoring one. With all the talk of new strikers being signed I'm sure he could have been forgiven for thinking his opportunities for starts would be diminished. But instead of throwing a hissy fit young Ryan seems to have got his head down in training and given the manager a timely reminder of his ability. Similarly Martyn Woolford seems to be coming out of his low form and producing the goods that persuaded Keith Millan to bring him to the club. In Wooly's case I could have understood him wanting to leave the abuse a small minority of "fans" felt the need to throw at him via his twitter account. I remember another left sided midfielder who underwent this kind of abuse and Brian Tinnion did submit a transfer request. Woolford knows himself he has not lived up to his ability and has had the courage to admit this publicly. But he has worked hard trying to dig himself out of the hole poor form has left him in. Now one swallow does not a summer make but his form the end of last season and the Palace game on Tuesday night does I hope bode well for the future.

Even when Jon Stead tweeted an apparently petulant comment regarding being sat on his ar5e and not playing it showed a desire to help the club get out of trouble and when Del gave him his chance he took it with both hands. Although I do think he was foolish to complain in such a public way his heart and desire were in the right place.

We need the attitudes shown by the likes of Stead, Taylor and Woolford and not that displayed by Yannick. The attitude of the play off season squad when the squad performed better than the sum of it's parts. With our new signings this season I'm starting to feel that spirit returning to the squad. Anderson, Cunningham, Davies and Baldock are all young and hungry with things to prove whereas Morris and Wilson have the right mental approach and experiance to pass on to their new team mates. So farewell Yannick I wish you well but you don't have the right attitude for us. As for any other player who thinks they're bigger than the club please close the door when you leave after all there isn't an I in team.

Attitude is key, and it stems from the top. As far as I am aware we only have 1 player who has a questionable attitude, and he is now our 5th choice striker.

Definately seems to be a shit in terms of attitude, performance and fitness over pre-season, and we can thank Del for that.

With a bit of luck we are on the up, as far as i'm concerned any player with a dodgy attitude can get out of the club. Wouldnt be at all suprised to see Pitman leaving next.

We wont need Yannick. He is unreliable, unpreditable and was lucky not to be sent off a few times last season coming in with those late elbows on the opp player.

However If his agent is really Albert's agent too, then could be very concerning ..

I've got to say Stead was fantastic on Tuesday. His defensive duties will make him a great asset to any hard working team. His defending corners at the near post pretty standard stuff,

but did you see him sprint back into Fozzie's right back position when the full back was caught upfield?

That said too i believe that we have little room for a striker who hasn't much to his game except 'a good strike on him'.

If Brett goes then he will do very well in the lower leagues, i'm sure he will, but in the Championship there has to be a much greater contribution to the team.

We wont need Yannick. He is unreliable, unpreditable and was lucky not to be sent off a few times last season coming in with those late elbows on the opp player.

However If his agent is really Albert's agent too, then could be very concerning ..

Not saying he won't go cos who knows what sort of offer we may get if we get one at all but Albert is a different kettle of fish to Bolasie. Bolasie was not a crowd's favourite and was never gonna be a regular so it was in his interests to move on whereas Albert knows he's highly regarded by the fans and is one of the first names on the team sheet so unless a prem club comes sniffing around I don't believe he'd want to leave. But if they did, who could blame a young man, who has given his all for us for two years, for wanting to go and challenge himself in the best league in the world (after the championship of course).

Not saying he won't go cos who knows what sort of offer we may get if we get one at all but Albert is a different kettle of fish to Bolasie. Bolasie was not a crowd's favourite and was never gonna be a regular so it was in his interests to move on whereas Albert knows he's highly regarded by the fans and is one of the first names on the team sheet so unless a prem club comes sniffing around I don't believe he'd want to leave. But if they did, who could blame a young man, who has given his all for us for two years, for wanting to go and challenge himself in the best league in the world (after the championship of course).

I'd agree, Albert, regardless of age, seems a more mature man, and has better control of his life and career. But, no City fan could deny him an opportunity to play in the prem though, although it would have to be at least the 3m+ figure quoted around here. He is too important to us to go for less!

I agree with the OP, the attitude of the players has certainly improved and the new players do seem level headed and articulate.

The other thing I noticed was that ALL 10 outfield players celebrated with the 4 goal scorers on Tuesday night, that is something we haven't seen for a while, there seems to be a real togetherness with this squad all willing to fight for the cause.

Long may it continue! :city:

Archived