IGNORED

Paul Warhurst

Taz

Veteran midfielder Paul Warhurst has ended his short stay with Chesterfield.

The former Bolton, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday played has left Saltergate by mutual consent.

The 34-year-old Warhurst joined Chesterfield a month ago, and started five games for Roy McFarland's side, scoring once.

"Paul Warhurst has got himself back playing football again and helped us in the short-term," McFarland told the club's website.

"But after a chat we mutually agreed to end the arrangement as we do not share the longer-term plans.

"In the mean-time, we are continuing to look out for any players who could help us out in what is fast becoming a fight for survival in Division Two.

Taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...eld/3280283.stm

What could mutual consent mean?

Would DW still be interested?

Would he fit in?

News about Warhurst and Cureton on the same day. I forsee a story on the main site.........

I saw this on teletext, think he might be after a long term deal, longer than Chesterfield could afford.

Sjoke supporters insist he was THE MAJOR reason for their escape from relegation from the first last season when he spent the last couple of months on loan there.

Not saying sign him but he is certainly not 'past it'.

No to Warhurst, he must be almost 35, if not already. Was a very good defensive midfielder but not at this age and certainly not when we have so many able central midfield players. I can see him going to someone like Blackpool.

Cureton on the other hand...i would happily take him as a city player even with him being an ex gashead. He could easily score 20+ goals per season for us but i'd expect to see a lowly first division side move for him such as walsall, rotherham, etc. Here's to hoping though!

No to Cureton, we signed Miller instead and he needs to be played.

Where would it leave Roberts as well, our 2nd top scorer of last season is barely getting full games as it is.

Too many doubts over Warhurst - age, fitness, wages etc.

We do still need a couple of players, a fast goalscoring midfielder being one ( Wilkshire's current explosion of goals makes this less urgent) and a winger.

Any signings should be players relevant to what we need now, not just names who become available who have been linked to us in the past.

Archived