IGNORED

Rangers

wayne allisons tongues

If true that is shocking favouritism, will help all clubs in there league but rangers must be raking it in. Makes sense why they agreed to div 3.

nothing shocking abut it. rangers remain arguably the best supported side in scotland and one of the best supported sides in britain. whether or not you want to or not, there is clearly huge demand to watch them. The demand to watch rangers v elgin is always going to be higher than ross v inverness, would you not agree??

But the point is, why should a team in the bottom league of Scottish football be on tv every week. Doesn't happen in any other league, supported or not teams in the spl must be thinking what about our tv appearances.

Just fairness to everyone else, they broke the rules but are being given a helping hand back by getting tv money every game.

It ridiculous, just like Eastenders, every week they have prime spots on BBC1, and they have had it for you.

Only because they are very popular and get millions of viewers, it should be fairer and they should put on "Joan Rivers looks at the history of the handkerchief" or whatever.

How dare a tv channel show the most popular shows, or in this case games!

But the point is, why should a team in the bottom league of Scottish football be on tv every week. Doesn't happen in any other league, supported or not teams in the spl must be thinking what about our tv appearances.

Just fairness to everyone else, they broke the rules but are being given a helping hand back by getting tv money every game.

TV schedules are not decided on 'fairness' they are decided on viewing figures, and viewing figures alone. you express a noble sentiment but one that carries little weight in the real world. As Nibor writes anyway, let em have it. I don't give a hoot either way.

What pisses me off is the News. Give a caption with the EPL results, then the SPL (why God only knows) and THEN a further caption with whoever Rangers are playing.

I'm sorry, they are in the Third for a reason, punishment. Don't treat them any different to the other non prem teams !

What pisses me off is the News. Give a caption with the EPL results, then the SPL (why God only knows) and THEN a further caption with whoever Rangers are playing.

I'm sorry, they are in the Third for a reason, punishment. Don't treat them any different to the other non prem teams !

My point exactly, they are there to be punished. How being on tv each week is a punishment, just a way to give them more money and climb the leagues.

Same applies with Portsmouth how many times they going to go into admin, survive and go back again.

Rangers are a new team so basically are the same as Elgin when they came up.

Please remember that when you watch tv you are the product not the customer, the customer is the advertising company and you are served up to them.

Rangers offer the chance of more "products" to surve adverts to so so will get shown more.

My point exactly, they are there to be punished. How being on tv each week is a punishment, just a way to give them more money and climb the leagues.

Same applies with Portsmouth how many times they going to go into admin, survive and go back again.

Rangers are a new team so basically are the same as Elgin when they came up.

so by your way of thinking a club that gets relegated for fnancial mismanagement shouldn't be allowed to appear on TV? How long for? And should they wear hats that says cheats and stand in a corner? Clearly Rangers are not the same as Elgin, i'm not sure why you have trouble understanding that...

so by your way of thinking a club that gets relegated for fnancial mismanagement shouldn't be allowed to appear on TV? How long for? And should they wear hats that says cheats and stand in a corner? Clearly Rangers are not the same as Elgin, i'm not sure why you have trouble understanding that...

True Elgin havent been shown up as cheats

It's pretty bloody obvious. TV companies exist to make money hence they show the TV that will attract the most viewers. Apparently there are lots of scotch eggs that like watching dire football, so let them have at it.

+1

Is it really that hard to comprehend ??

No, but they've cheated and come back as a newco. Now are being subsidised by the tv company by being on every week.

If city were in championship and we are guaranteed so many games per year on sky. Suddenly man utd go down and all tv deals are out of window due to them being on every week would we be happy.

I know popular teams are always going to be shown, just seems unfair you can cheat, buy a club cheap, do a deal with the sfl be on tv every week and then collect the rewards whilst clubs on higher divisions are being penalised financially.

It's pretty bloody obvious. TV companies exist to make money hence they show the TV that will attract the most viewers. Apparently there are lots of scotch eggs that like watching dire football, so let them have at it.

Exactly TV companies are not in business to be fair, just to make money and the Berwicks and Elgins of the league will actually make a bit of money out Rangers being televised each week and most importantly without Rangers in whatever guise ESPN would probably loose half of it's paying customers and probably go out of business, it's that simple really.

Espn and sky showing 60 spl games. They have agreed to show 15 rangers games as well.

Just seems to be preferential treatment towards them.

Tv companies show popular teams but this seems a bit biased.

What about div 2 and div 1 teams. What they getting this year, if rangers don't go up they will lose out and will tv deal be same.

They say cheats shouldn't prosper but they deffo are in this case.

Espn and sky showing 60 spl games. They have agreed to show 15 rangers games as well.

What about div 2 and div 1 teams. What they getting this year, if rangers don't go up they will lose out and will tv deal be same.

The cheats are in div 3, that is punishment. They have also lost their best players.

TV isn't meant to be fair, it is a business! A business which makes money by showing what people want to watch.

Do the majority of people want to watch the Scottish 2nd division? No.

Do the majority of people want to watch one of the biggest clubs in the Scottish league? Yes.

I don't see you complaining that MOTD show only Prem games and not Bath City vs Havant and Waterloovile.

It's all about selling ESPN subscriptions. How many people nationwide support Rangers , 100K , 200K ?. If they know they can see 15 or more games per season on ESPN how many of those are going to sign up at £20 per month (or whatever it costs)

it's quite simple Berwick v Elgin = audience of about 30/40, Berwick v Rangers = 1,000's. 1,000's of Rangers fans will pay ESPN subscription, whereas about 20/30 Berwick/Elgin will pay for the same subscription and Berwick/Elgin and every other club in that division will benefit from the extra revenue, without Rangers ESPN would almost certainly fold.

it's really not that difficult to understand it's really not, but I can borrow my neighbours kids crayons and draw pictures if necessary.

it's quite simple Berwick v Elgin = audience of about 30/40, Berwick v Rangers = 1,000's. 1,000's of Rangers fans will pay ESPN subscription, whereas about 20/30 Berwick/Elgin will pay for the same subscription and Berwick/Elgin and every other club in that division will benefit from the extra revenue, without Rangers ESPN would almost certainly fold.

it's really not that difficult to understand it's really not, but I can borrow my neighbours kids crayons and draw pictures if necessary.

Why are you being so rude towards me, I just said I don't think it's fair that they've cheated and are now being given tv money. Tv deal was 60 games a season now been changed to accommodate rangers.

Just seems the big boys can break the rules and still make money.

Person who said about motd well that's a premier league programme and we are on the programme called the championship. It was a spl tv contract and was changed. We all know money talks and tv figures are main thing but as I've been saying all the time why should they prosper from cheating.

Also am considering reporting you emb to the mods for I think your crayon comment was insulting, reasonable debate not insults and attack the poster I thought are the rules.

Why are you being so rude towards me, I just said I don't think it's fair that they've cheated and are now being given tv money. Tv deal was 60 games a season now been changed to accommodate rangers.

Just seems the big boys can break the rules and still make money.

Person who said about motd well that's a premier league programme and we are on the programme called the championship. It was a spl tv contract and was changed. We all know money talks and tv figures are main thing but as I've been saying all the time why should they prosper from cheating.

Also am considering reporting you emb to the mods for I think your crayon comment was insulting, reasonable debate not insults and attack the poster I thought are the rules.

Jesus what are you talking about?, what cheating?.

Report away.

Archived