IGNORED

Parking At Barnsley This Weekend?

Midlands Red

Have been to Oakwell a couple of times but have always gone on the coach. Just wondered if there is any parking that people would recommend from prior experience as going to drive up this time.

I presume there will be places around the ground charging £5 - £10 as there usually is at most away grounds?

Really looking forward to the game as Im sure lots of fellow reds are - Im always positive before a game but feel especially hopeful about getting a good result this weekend after the last two performances.

Parking on the hill near the Metrodome is where i'll be, was £5 last year I think, its where the coaches park, straight into the away end . Metrodome did not serve cider last year, a pain to get away from, but their local radio is a good listen for the after match phone in., especially if they've lost ..... my tickets no. 11, hopefully there's a lot more sold now

If you're driving round the town centre there's signs for Barnsley FC parking that lead to a car park on the other side of the train tracks. About a 15 minute walk from the ground, a few more if you get caught at the train crossing.

Metrodome is best, cant park in Town for free unless its after 6pm. they are doing Roadworks at Alhambra so may hit a bit of traffic there

All the car parks in town are free on Saturday & Sunday, subject to a review which I don't think has happened yet. I'll probably park at Sackville St and walk into town for a beer first

Archived