IGNORED

So Now Monk Aint Happening...

Taunton_City

Don't read anything into Monk not being in the Swansea side. He's not expected to play much this season and his manager has told him so. That's why he's considering his options. It doesn't mean anything is (or isn't) imminent.

you'd expect him to start in the cup though

He's coming. He's has been left out of there last two games, He's one of there best players and wouldn't leave him out for no reason! Somethings going on!

He is one of their worst players now, hence not getting picked anytime soon.

Definitely one of those players who got to the promised land a little too late in his career to reap the rewards. Definitly good enough for us, but Swansea have a lot better centre backs there now.

He's coming. He's has been left out of there last two games, He's one of there best players and wouldn't leave him out for no reason! Somethings going on!

One of the best players in a side which is near the top of the Premier League (albeit after a couple of games) considers City as a good career move? He has been told he isn't going to get much of a look in so can hardly be one of their best players.

Interesting read from Wales online from May 4th.

SWANSEA City captain Garry Monk has revealed how he burst into tears when a surgeon told him his football career might be over.

Monk suffered serious knee ligament damage in only the second game of the 2006-7 season against S****horpe.

In his new autobiography, Loud, Proud & Positive, he tells how England rugby star turned surgeon Jonathan Webb told him he needed to operate on the injury immediately.

Monk, 33, said: “I asked Mr Webb if he thought everything would turn out alright.

“He said, ‘Garry, there seems to be a lot of damage. If you want me to be honest, then I have to tell you there is a chance your career could be over, but I won’t know that until I get in and have a look’.

“This was the worst thing I could have heard. I burst into tears – was my career really going to end like this? My mind was racing.”

It was early evening when Monk woke from his op and he describes how, alone in a private hospital room, he endured one of the most emotional nights of his life.

High on morphine to control the pain he phoned parents Margaret and Alan in the early hours while facing an agonising wait to discover whether his op had been a success.

“I remember calling my

parents and just crying my eyes out, not making any sense,” he said.

“I think I rang nearly everyone in my phone book - I was struggling to control my emotions. I was asking the night staff continuously if they knew how my operation had gone, but of course none of them knew. It was a very long night.”

The following morning he got the news he craved from Webb - though he’d need further treatment his op was a success.

Monk’s book tells how he was brought up in a football-mad family and went on to captain the Swans in all four divisions during their fairytale rise to the Premier League.

He talks openly about those he's played with and against, the local rivalry with Cardiff City and of the managers and chairmen he has admired.

The book, published by Y Lolfa, also details how he clashed with former Swansea boss Paulo Sousa over tactics and braved illness and spasms in his back in last season’s Championship play-off final.

Monk also tells how he urged his teammates to win the final against Reading for Besian Idrizaj - the Swans’ 22-year-old striker who died in his sleep in May 2010.

In the book, with a foreword by Swans’ boss Brendan Rodgers, Monk says: “Despite the excitement, I wasn’t feeling great.

“I had also lost a fair amount of weight because of a virus I had picked up the previous week. When I look at the pictures of me from that game, I looked so pale and gaunt.

“Normally I weigh around the 85kg mark for games, but for the final I was 79kg. I couldn’t have been in any worse condition on the eve of such an important match. I fought against all the negative feelings.

“I was the captain and I had to lead by example. Besides, you’d have had to kill me to stop me from playing in that final.”

Read More http://www.walesonli.../#ixzz24uapnGvv

Archived