IGNORED

Howe Hoping For Loan Deal?

UREDS_91

Why not extend Brett's contract by two years, then send him out on loan to get some game time under his belt. If he comes back in six months and has banged in 10 goals for Burnley then get him back in the team, if it doesn't work out, sell him on!

Because it looks like he won't feature at all under delboy sp why waste money on giving him a new contract

Why not extend Brett's contract by two years, then send him out on loan to get some game time under his belt. If he comes back in six months and has banged in 10 goals for Burnley then get him back in the team, if it doesn't work out, sell him on!

Why would he sign an extension!

For me that will be mugging us off. Loan him until he becomes a free agent? No ta. Unless we slap on a 250k loan fee until jan and agree a 500k transfer in jan.

£750k???? What planet do you live on?

Less than one year left for our 5th choice striker who signed for £800k and has been generally poor.

Loan him out for £100k and save his 6k per week(ish) wages - roughly £300k overall.

Could Brett be off on loan?

http://www1.skysport...g-for-loan-deal

Not if both managers have it the way they want it; Burnley only want a loan and Del, apparently, would only consider a permanent deal and only then if the price is right, obviously. Pitman needs to try and get back in the team by fighting hard which I hope and feel he is doing....

BURNLEY manager Eddie Howe is targeting a loan signing before the transfer window closes on Friday night.

Wigan striker Callum McManaman and Swansea City forward Stephen Dobbie have been linked with the Clarets .

Brett Pitman could also be an option for Howe as he looks to bolster his front line before the 11pm deadline.

But it is likely that Bristol City would only be interested in a permanent deal for the former Bournemouth striker, who has slipped down the pecking order under manager Derek McInnes, and Howe confirmed that, at the moment, he is only looking at loans.

SOURCE: Lancashire Telegraph

£750k???? What planet do you live on?

Less than one year left for our 5th choice striker who signed for £800k and has been generally poor.

Loan him out for £100k and save his 6k per week(ish) wages - roughly £300k overall.

Correct me if someone knows I'm wrong - but if the transfer is at our behest and unless we can strike a deal with the player/ Burnley on this... if we choose to sell Brett we have to pay up the rest of his contract. As I say, often a deal will be struck with the buying club for this though.

Hence there's a big deal about handing in transfer requests - if you do that, it invalidates your claim to have your contract paid up.

Off topic, but I had that little bit of knowledge reinforced by reading "I am the secret footballer". Interesting, well written book giving an insight behind the scenes. Recommended.

At the moment only looking at loans - Howe said, now why would a club that's just earned a substantial amount of wonga from previous sales of Rodriguez and Eagles, not to mention the 1M+ they just received for Fletchers move to Sunderland...just be looking a loans! Are Burnely struggling? Or just lost ambition? I just want a permanant deal for Brett, he defiantly surplus to requirements.....

At the moment only looking at loans - Howe said, now why would a club that's just earned a substantial amount of wonga from previous sales of Rodriguez and Eagles, not to mention the 1M+ they just received for Fletchers move to Sunderland...just be looking a loans! Are Burnely struggling? Or just lost ambition? I just want a permanant deal for Brett, he defiantly surplus to requirements.....

Correct me if someone knows I'm wrong - but if the transfer is at our behest and unless we can strike a deal with the player/ Burnley on this... if we choose to sell Brett we have to pay up the rest of his contract. As I say, often a deal will be struck with the buying club for this though.

Hence there's a big deal about handing in transfer requests - if you do that, it invalidates your claim to have your contract paid up.

Off topic, but I had that little bit of knowledge reinforced by reading "I am the secret footballer". Interesting, well written book giving an insight behind the scenes. Recommended.

Doesn't matter who's behest its at; if a player is sold the contract ends and starts a new one with his new club. There is no 'paying up of contracts' in the context to which you speak unless the guy is asked to leave to get him off the wage bill.. bit like we did, as i understand it, with Hunt.

Burnley are going to run out of their parachutes soon, if i am not mistaken. I read an article when they got relegated from the Prem that suggested they were a very well run club and that they had planned for relegation; in a more recent article at the beginning of this season it was muted that they were indeed short of cash. Frankly, and as far as I am aware, Burnley is a privately owned club and the owners only need to submit abbreviated accounts to Companies House so how some hack can know if they are short of cash or not, 100%, is beyond me and certainly one needs to take such reports with a pinch of salt. Perhaps the club leaks such info to try and force prices down on incoming transfers or lower fans' expectations, who knows.

And who knows anything about any club other than tit bits we read and sometimes believe in the press. I mean did anybody know that Ferguson made a bid for Carroll before he went to Liverpool and for a reported similar asking price? Carroll chose Liverpool instead.. not reported was it? But could have been.

For me that will be mugging us off. Loan him until he becomes a free agent? No ta. Unless we slap on a 250k loan fee until jan and agree a 500k transfer in jan.

For me it'll be saving us fairly high wages. We're not going to use Pitman, it's not doing him or us good to have him kicking around the place, so best get someone else to pay his wages for the season and let him move on.

Archived