IGNORED

Jordan Rhodes To Blackburn

Ashton Great

At a guess, some of the fee will only be payable on promotion. Price depends on outstanding contract and desire to sell, so comparisons are meaningless. West Ham had no use for Baldrick, Huddersfield want to hang on to JR, complete difference. Time will tell, but I think it could be good business for Blackburn, if their new manager can get the best out of JR.......

So stupid, 8 million quid for him? Must be the most expensive Scottish persons layer in the history of the game? Wow he scored goals in league 1, does that really justify that price tag?!

+1

I thought 12 million was insane for steven fletcher considering berbatov was quoted in the press for a 3m move a few weeks back.

If you compare some transfers to others then it doesnt make any sense.

Maynard and Carroll joiny top goal scorer in championship - carroll scores 6 goals in PL and goes for 35mil?

Probably the worst one to use for an example but you know what i mean.

At a guess, some of the fee will only be payable on promotion. Price depends on outstanding contract and desire to sell, so comparisons are meaningless. West Ham had no use for Baldrick, Huddersfield want to hang on to JR, complete difference. Time will tell, but I think it could be good business for Blackburn, if their new manager can get the best out of JR.......

You speak in the presence tense; Keane is hardly new.

Money?

Prob gone from 5k a week to 20k, maybe 15k

Either way, Cha Ching!

Huddersfield ST holder I sit next to at work says the rumour is that Rhodes has been offered 4 year contract on 38K PER WEEK!!!! If that's true it's utterly mental and Blackburn only have themselves to blame if they end up in Portsmouth territory

Nor much when you consider they get £48 million for failing in the Prem!

Which i believe they have to pay back over a certain amount of time, which is another reason why pompey are in so much trouble. TBH i dont care if other clubs are spending big as long as its not us spending £15m a transfer window i'm fine.

Which i believe they have to pay back over a certain amount of time, which is another reason why pompey are in so much trouble. TBH i dont care if other clubs are spending big as long as its not us spending £15m a transfer window i'm fine.

There's no requirement to pay back parachute payments.

yeah sorry, thought there was as teams could just get relegated if they needed money quick

I am not sure but I would have thought there was more money to be made by remaining in the Prem than to be relegated out of it, clubs receive a payment based on the position they finish in don't they?

There's no requirement to pay back parachute payments.

the only good thing about them from clubs like ours point of view is that if the relegated clubs get promotion, any remaining payments are split between the other teams in the championship, leagues 1 & 2 - so last season Newcastle going straight back up was a very good thing!

So stupid, 8 million quid for him? Must be the most expensive Scottish persons layer in the history of the game? Wow he scored goals in league 1, does that really justify that price tag?!

Quite an ignorant comment.

So, firstly its not £8 million - it's £4.5 with add-ons. These add-ons are based on # goals and whether the club reaches the Premier League and I suspect International honours. All of the add-ons, which if met, will boost his value. This reduces the gamble.

Secondly, I appreciate he's only tried and tested at League 1 level but he's the all-time Scottish U21 goalscorer with 8 goals in 8 games, scored on his full international debut and scored 2 in his first 2 championship games. You also have to look at the type of goals he scores - he's an instinct goalscorer who gets his goals by making space in the box. I've no doubt he'll do well in the Championship and after watching him for Scotland and the U21's I think he'll score at any level.

As for your other comment about the most expensive Scottish Player ever? Aside from being irrelevant its wrong. Steven Fletcher, Charlie Adam and Craig Gordon all have gone for over 8 million and many many more have gone for over £4.5.

If he is really an £8m striker then how come one of the prem teams wont take him ?

If he can score 3/4 of the goals he scored last year that could see Blackburn up - I've had money on them bouncing straight back up and think this deal is worth double the £8m they paid for him even if they sell him as soon as they go up. Bare in mind Promotion is worth at least £20m + other payments which I don't know the ins and outs of

Huddersfield ST holder I sit next to at work says the rumour is that Rhodes has been offered 4 year contract on 38K PER WEEK!!!! If that's true it's utterly mental and Blackburn only have themselves to blame if they end up in Portsmouth territory

Clearly someone needs to explain to the Venkys that not only is there relegation but that financial fair play is coming down the line.

Clearly someone needs to explain to the Venkys that not only is there relegation but that financial fair play is coming down the line.

I think you missed a very important point this was a rumour from a Huddersfield season ticket holder and not fact !

so lemme get this straight - just days after fletcher, who isnt really scottish either, goes to sunderland for 14m, you're suggesting that rhodes, from oldham, is the most expensive scot ever?

If you compare some transfers to others then it doesnt make any sense.

Exactly, a player is only really worth what another team would be prepared to pay given the circumstances. You only have to look at Andy Carroll as an example, never a £35m player by ability alone, but Liverpool were prepared to pay what Newcastle demanded.

Archived