IGNORED

If Akos Said No... What Of Nenad?

Fuber

With the whole Buszacky rumour having no real outcome as of yet, was just wondering whether Nenad Milijas would be on our Radar.

Simliar Type of player with a couple years experience in the Prem on a free, with what would probably be similiar wages to Buszacky, just a couple years younger.

Good long shots, Good passer, and a cracking long shot; and works quite hard.

Thoughts?

We only have Skuse, Killkenny, Pearson, and Morris... and the only one who is truly dependable is Skusey, Pearson was inconsistant last term, Killkenny barely featured pre-season, and Morris' fitness is questionable, while I agree we need a centre back (everyone on here doesnt doubt this) it wouldnt hurt to have extra cover, alot of people didnt see the need for Wilson, and still dontbut its cover non the less.

The one thing we lack is a player with a decent long shot, Pearson and Skuseys shooting is questionable, and we havent seen much of Morris or killkenny his term. And tbh... I hate Killkenny. : I

We only have Skuse, Killkenny, Pearson, and Morris... and the only one who is truly dependable is Skusey, Pearson was inconsistant last term, Killkenny barely featured pre-season, and Morris' fitness is questionable, while I agree we need a centre back (everyone on here doesnt doubt this) it wouldnt hurt to have extra cover, alot of people didnt see the need for Wilson, and still dontbut its cover non the less.

The one thing we lack is a player with a decent long shot, Pearson and Skuseys shooting is questionable, and we havent seen much of Morris or killkenny his term. And tbh... I hate Killkenny. : I

Elliot as well thats 5 players looking at 2 postions,

Long shots don't come off and give the ball back to the other team

Elliot as well thats 5 players looking at 2 postions,

Long shots don't come off and give the ball back to the other team

Still, even Elliott has fitness problems, The Buszacky scenario has got on my nerves and still does,.

How can you say pearson was inconsistant?! And his shooting looked alright when he scored against cardiff, and chipped in with a few vital goals last season too, southampton away sticks in my mind. Skuse has had a great start to the season, morris looked a great signing pre season has a real eye for a pass and the reason we havent seen much of him is because there is not much point changing a winning team.

And i see youve missed out Marvin Elliot altogether?

Midfield - not an issue.

Milijas made his debut against us in a friendly at ashton gate from memory and he looked very good.

Great international pedigree, how he never managed to make it at Wolves was surprising.

Think he was one of those players who wasn't deemed hard working enough in a 2 man midfield in english game, and didnt score enough goals to be considered a luxury 'in the hole' player. Possibly a bit of the David Noble scenario.

Either way he is clearly better than anything we have at centre mid at present, but he would prob still want good wages, get good offers from elsewhere, and Del hasnt highlighted centre mid is on the radar.

As others have noted we have a lot of options in the centre of the park already, even if none of them are amazing

I think 2 things are key with regards any position wether or not we have enough cover and those are 1) does player X improve on what we already have 2) does that player offer value for money. Whereas Buszacky undoubtedly fills the first criteria we are not aware of his wage demands so it would seem he failed the second point. We have seen so far in this transfer window the club, and more specifically, Steve Lansdown happy to pay decent transfer fees for the right players. The thing about those signing are they will have a sell on value. The signing of Wilson though demonstrates the fact that if a player does add to the squad and is prepared to be realistic in their wage demands then we will take a chance on them. If Buszacky's wages fall within what the club deems acceptable and he wants to join then there is a good chance he will. If he doesn't but Del and the Board/SL are aware of someone else who fits the bill then we could see another of McInnes's magic tricks where he conjures up a player out of thin air. But if a gem cannot be uncovered then I guess Del's happy to go with what we already have.

We're not having creativity problems, and our form at the moment is exposing the myth that what we needed was a creative midfielder.

What we needed was confidence, movement and width and we seem to have all that.

So a central midfielder is very much a nice to have, whereas a centre half is really a requirement. We've not kept a clean sheet yet and we won't score four every game.

In short, no, I doubt this guy is on our radar and IMO Busacky was never more than a quick enquiry followed by a chuckle at his wage demands.

A player of Buszaky's talents shouldn't be ignored, especially on a free. The rumour in the pub after Saturdays game was that we were not out the running for Buszaky.

Being a free free agent we wouldn't need to him (or Amougou) by Friday so they could be a back up. Not sure how AB would fit into the current formation and I wonder if he may an attacking alternative should we lose Pitman.

I dont think an attacking midfielder is as high up on mcinnes' wish list as it once was. With adomah seemingly staying put and the resurection of woolford, we wont be able ro play an out and out atack minded, never track back midfielder.

Adomah and woolford are now creating enough as is pearson. It would be too attacking if we swapped pearson say with an atacking mid. Adomah or woolie would have to miss out and id rather they didnt as it now looks like we have a balanced first 11.

Although it would be good to have a attacking midfielder for a few hard away games to play 4-5-1 I think we have just about enough depth to cover this formation.

After signing baldock/Davies is obvious Del will play a majority of the season 4-4-2 esp with Taylors recent form also. Also think Del has prob spent a lot of his budget on Baldock's fee and wages.

Like most of have said a CB is a must!

Archived