IGNORED

The Championship

Portland Bill

Blackpool are clealy putting that profit they made on the Premier League season to good use now, and evidently want the taste for top flight football back at Bloomfield road. Hate to say it Holloway defiantly knows what he's doing, totally agree that for value for money the league is top dolla entertainer! Anyone can beat anyone!!!

I'm lifting the following posts of mine from the transfer thread. You're right, this league sure is getting interesting :

I see Blackburn have just picked up an Attacking Midfielder and a Centre Half.

No surprise to see that they're Portuguese!

Nuno Gomes, Fabio Nunes, Paulo Jorge, Edinho and now Diogo Rosada and Nuno Henrique.

Be interesting to see how this experiment works out???

Add to that Danny Murphy, Leon Best, Dickson Etuhu and Jordan Rhodes and they don't look too bad (as long as Kean can get them playing!!!)

And take a look at Watford! Another 'experiment' that could go either way.

They've just picked up 5 more Udinese players on loan :

Jean-Alain Fanchone, Neuton Piccoli, Lars Ekstrand, Cristian Battocchio and Fernando Forestieri.

Add to that the 7 Udinese or Granada players they've already loaned :

Marco Cassetti, Alex Geijo, Daniel Pudil, Almen Abdi, Matej Vydra, Steve Leo Beleck and Ikechi Anya.

Plus they've got Nathan Chalobah on loan from Chelsea and Geoffrey Mujangi Bia on loan from Standard Liege.

That's 14 players on loan!!!! What are the league rules, are you only allowed to have 7 in a match day squad?

I'm lifting the following posts of mine from the transfer thread. You're right, this league sure is getting interesting :

Nuno Gomes, Fabio Nunes, Paulo Jorge, Edinho and now Diogo Rosada and Nuno Henrique.

They can just get a job lot of shirts with Nuno on the back... should save a few bob.

On the other hand there may be lots of mistakes in the club shop.

Well pulled together thread by the way. Its gonna be one helluva an interesting season and I do not envy any live match between Watford and Blackburn for the commentator; he's gonna have to be doing a lot of late night studying of names.

• Admin

Add to that Danny Murphy, Leon Best, Dickson Etuhu and Jordan Rhodes and they don't look too bad (as long as Kean can get them playing!!!)

Jean-Alain Fanchone, Neuton Piccoli, Lars Ekstrand, Cristian Battocchio and Fernando Forestieri.

Marco Cassetti, Alex Geijo, Daniel Pudil, Almen Abdi, Matej Vydra, Steve Leo Beleck and Ikechi Anya.

Plus they've got Nathan Chalobah on loan from Chelsea and Geoffrey Mujangi Bia on loan from Standard Liege.

That's 14 players on loan!!!! What are the league rules, are you only allowed to have 7 in a match day squad?

Loans from foreign associations don't actually count as loans but short-term contracts. The issue arose during Norwich's brief stay when they appeard to have broken the loan limit but it emerged that, by FL rules, the striker on loan from an Italian club (though I can't remember his name at the moment) wasn't counted as a loan signing.

Shouldn't be allowed if you ask me. It always makes me a bit uneasy when we start getting a large number of players in on loan.

Having 10 players on loan is beyond the pale and Watford are acting like a feeder club for Udinese and technically when these 10 players leave they'll need another 10 players to replace them. What kind of structure is that from season to season. I wonder how the Watford fans and current players feel about the invasion?

I think a maximum of 5 on loan player from home and abroad is more than adequate for any team.

**** me, who would want to be a commentator with that lot !

This sort of thing (Watford) really p*sses me off. Its similar to Saracens in rugby....flooding their team with Foreigners.

I know some Watford fans will be excited, but for me, if City did this, I would feel extremely uneasy that there are no English players in the side.

No wonder our national teams are so shite when we flood our teams with non-English people like this (even at championship level!).

No other league in europe takes on more than 1/2 englishman in the entire league, so every place to a foreigner is a lost place for an englishman.

It would be different if that englishman could play abroad, but they can't.

Pet subject of mine...

Wanted to add to this and use Elliot as the example. He was the dominant all action central midfielder when we first came up but he's probably now out of the team because of his technical lack of ability. We've got worse comparatively but the league with so so many ex prem teams has got better.

It's still English football, but it's certainly becoming more Premier League 2 than League 1+

Archived