IGNORED

City V Barnsley Match Thread

Jon atyeo is my dad

No, I'm not saying that we're nailed on for relegation, but I don't think we'll finish higher than about 18th, as the standards in the Championship get higher and higher every year.

Bearing in mind that our average crowd now seems to have settled at around 13.5k, that definitely makes us one of the smaller fish in this division, so finishing 18th or so would be no disgrace.

I'm not saying that Baldock and Davies are bad players, just that I wish Pitman had been given a chance to show what he could do this season before we splashed out cash on new strikers. He's one of the best finishers I've ever seen, so it's deeply frustrating that he wasn't even on the bench today when all our other strikers were in "cow's arse / banjo" form.

Pitman did have a chance before we splashed out on new players.

Pre season and the Gils game.

Seems like Del believed that we needed some additional options upfront.. cue Baldock and Davies, or would you have preferred that we hadn't signed them?

Just back from the match, disappointing is an understatement! To those saying we were unlucky, we weren't; we were just poor. The first 10 min we started well- Stead and Baldock linked well and we were pushing them back. Then Barnsley went up the other end, hit a post and after that it was all them. I could see what McInnes was trying to do with the half time sub- get an extra bod in the centre of the park- but it didn't work and he should maybe have kept faith with the same system. The sending off was stonewall, but even with a man up we didn't look convincing. Cunningham played well, Skuse and Stead did ok as did Woolford. Pearson and especially Wilson were really poor but it did feel more like a bad day in the office than a major problem so I think we just have to hope they come back from the international break refreshed

Just back from the match, disappointing is an understatement! To those saying we were unlucky, we weren't; we were just poor. The first 10 min we started well- Stead and Baldock linked well and we were pushing them back. Then Barnsley went up the other end, hit a post and after that it was all them. I could see what McInnes was trying to do with the half time sub- get an extra bod in the centre of the park- but it didn't work and he should maybe have kept faith with the same system. The sending off was stonewall, but even with a man up we didn't look convincing. Cunningham played well, Skuse and Stead did ok as did Woolford. Pearson and especially Wilson were really poor but it did feel more like a bad day in the office than a major problem so I think we just have to hope they come back from the international break refreshed

Thanks, always best to get an eye-witness account.

As Wilson appears to have had another unimpressive game ( he certainly looked weak against Cardiff) maybe we should bring back Foster. Okay he's not the best but I think Albert is better in front of him rather than Wilson, although of course Albert did get injured today.

I thought Wilson did ok, trouble was 90% of time albert never tracked back or was to central. He's a right winger and should stay out there.

Woolford and Cunningham seemed to cover each other which makes them look good.

If we played a midfielder on the right instead of a winger may well look better down that side.

We've had 2 wins on the bounce, scoring 4 in each and are up against a team down to the bare bones as far as team selection is concerned and not in the best form.

In recent years this would have a City defeat written all over it, so it will be interesting to see how we perform and whether our new found form and confidence is maintained and we can get a positive result. I hope that Mcinnes will have us playing more positively than we have tended to away for the last few seasons.

Hi guys, Barnsley fan here in peace :)

Hope you enjoyed your trip up north today and you all had a safe journey home!

Just wanted to wish you all good luck for the rest of the season.

I happened to notice the flag in the away end from your Glasgow supporters branch, personally I'm a ST holder living in Glasgow and was just wondering how many of you are up here?

See you at Ashton Gate in the new year!

Archived