IGNORED

Jamie Mccalister Sent Off!

Super

Oh, fair enough, who the hell was I thinking of then?

Don't know, as you know we mostly had a home grown team but it was pretty settled for years with not many fringe players getting many games.

You're saying you remember a young player making a brief appearance in a home match in about 76?

Only young players that come to mind are the likes of Joe Durrell, ( signed from W.Ham, probably not) John Bain, Ian Broomfield, Kevin Griffin, Paul Crowley, Brian McNeill.

John Bain made a few First Division appearances, the other players were probably a bit earlier.

Could well be Brian McNeill, just looked him up - a total of 3 sub. apps. in 76 & 77?

To be fair Yeovil don't have a top of the table squad on paper, particularly when they only have 16 players fit. GJ is doing a great job at the minute, hope he keeps it going.

Thats why I said a Prem team not Man Utd.

Rovers aren't a bottom of the table team either.

However on paper you'd only expect Yeovil to win, so I for one won't mock Rovers for loosing this one.

Morecambe on the other hand.... hahahahaahah

It's all a charade.

The gas are a massive club with thousands of fans. It must be all those glory days of winning the Watney cup.

Even Mr Magoo says his "players" can't handle the pressure of playing for the Barcelona of league 2.

Well it rather looks like soon he'll be tending to the turnips in his back yard rather than the vegetables on the pitch.

Next he'll be saying they're just giving everyone a head start.

Long may it continue.

Good bye Irene

Don't know, as you know we mostly had a home grown team but it was pretty settled for years with not many fringe players getting many games.

You're saying you remember a young player making a brief appearance in a home match in about 76?

Only young players that come to mind are the likes of Joe Durrell, ( signed from W.Ham, probably not) John Bain, Ian Broomfield, Kevin Griffin, Paul Crowley, Brian McNeill.

John Bain made a few First Division appearances, the other players were probably a bit earlier.

Could well be Brian McNeill, just looked him up - a total of 3 sub. apps. in 76 & 77?

I reckon your're right, I knew it was Mc Something !

Mark McGee was definitely with City back in the 1973, never made the first team though.

http://www.afcherita...m?player_id=502

The blue few must be looking forward to the visit of the mighty Aldershite on Saturday

Mark McGee was definitely with City back in the 1973, never made the first team though.

http://www.afcherita...m?player_id=502

The blue few must be looking forward to the visit of the mighty Aldershite on Saturday

My uncle refereed matches at that level when McGhee was with us, said he had more mouth than the rest of the youth team and many of the professionals put together.

Archived