IGNORED

Tottenham Want To Send Jermaine Jenas Out On Loan To Championship

pigeon

Just saw on the bbc gossip site that Tottenham want to send him to the championship on loan...

We seem to have good links with Tottenham (Caulker and Rose) so maybe there could be something there? Would certainly add some quality to our central midfield!

Just a thought...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Been around for years and I watch plenty of prem football but I honestly couldn't tell you anything about Jenas's style of play. I think that shows just how mediocre he is.

Perhaps dropping down a level might benefit him, but I can't imagine he will represent value for money.

Did those links go with 'Arry and Big Joe though? Would be a good signing in the middle for sure, and the fact that Spurs are (allegedly) the ones looking to send him out I would presume that a large portion of the wages would be covered by them. Worth a shout, but I'm sure he'll have better clubs than ours interested.

So he could come here, get injured in the first game and then we get to pay his wages! Amazing. Plus he's crap

Firstly, as they are sending him out on loan i doubt any team would pay much of his wages.

Secondly, how on earth you can say a Premier League player, with caps for England is crap is beyond me. He is no Messi but he would be an incredible player at Championship level.

Firstly, as they are sending him out on loan i doubt any team would pay much of his wages.

Secondly, how on earth you can say a Premier League player, with caps for England is crap is beyond me. He is no Messi but he would be an incredible player at Championship level.

Granted, he showed promise when he was younger but that's all it has ever turned out to be, promise. Secondly even if we had to pay a small percentage of his wages that could be used on someone that we actually need like a CB.

The risk to too much to take imo. We cant have another Velicka situation. (Rangers guy who we paid the wages for a season)

Granted, he showed promise when he was younger but that's all it has ever turned out to be, promise. Secondly even if we had to pay a small percentage of his wages that could be used on someone that we actually need like a CB.

The risk to too much to take imo. We cant have another Velicka situation. (Rangers guy who we paid the wages for a season)

I'm almost certain we will sign a defender next week but there is no guarantee that said defender wont pick up an injury within a couple of minutes of his debut (look at Vokes).

The potential is there for any player to pick up an injury , should we not sign anyone then ??

I'm almost certain we will sign a defender next week but there is no guarantee that said defender wont pick up an injury within a couple of minutes of his debut (look at Vokes).

The potential is there for any player to pick up an injury , should we not sign anyone then ??

This isn't any player with a normal injury record this is someone who seems to spend most of every season out injured.

I don't understand why people bring up his injury record...

We wouldnt be buying him, it would be a loan! If he got injured in the first game (and it lasted over his entire loan period) he would go back to his club, problem over!

But we would still have to pay his wages... Therefore waste of money.

But we would still have to pay his wages... Therefore waste of money.

No we wouldn't! As Tottenham is the one wanting him to get experience BCFCs wage input would be tiny...

Not only that but because of his injury record i'm sure they would have a clause in the loan contract stating that if he got injured then the contract would be terminated!

No we wouldn't! As Tottenham is the one wanting him to get experience BCFC's wage input would be tiny...

Not only that but because of his injury record i'm sure they would have a clause in the loan contract stating that if he got injured then the contract would be terminated!

Ok, sorry Del. Don't really know how you can be so sure.

Do you know how much he is currently on?

Please see below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071305/Jermaine-Jenas-cost-Aston-Villa-1m-wages.html

Even if we had to pay 10% of his wages thats still 4.5 grand a week, not cheap for someone who isn't playing at all.

I recall Bobby Robson once said of him that he could go all the way to the very top as long as he keeps focused.

Perhaps he lost the focus.

Bobby Robson also signed Carl Cort for £7m.

Jenas would be way out of our price range, and in any case I suspect the links to Spurs went when Wigley did.

Injuries aside, he would be great at this level. Pace to burn, a true athlete, box to box. Not the greatest defensively but a threat at the other end and can finish including from long range. His main weakness is his distribution. Tends to give possession away quite needlessly and frequently.

Spoils be well chuffed to sign him.

Did those links go with 'Arry and Big Joe though? Would be a good signing in the middle for sure, and the fact that Spurs are (allegedly) the ones looking to send him out I would presume that a large portion of the wages would be covered by them. Worth a shout, but I'm sure he'll have better clubs than ours interested.

I thought it was more Wiggly and his U21 ties that got us those players?

Ok, sorry Del. Don't really know how you can be so sure.

Do you know how much he is currently on?

Please see below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2071305/Jermaine-Jenas-cost-Aston-Villa-1m-wages.html

Even if we had to pay 10% of his wages thats still 4.5 grand a week, not cheap for someone who isn't playing at all.

I don't understand why we can't just offer that ex-QPR CB a contract, Damien Stewart? I've heard hes on a free and quite handy? Also while we also sign Jermain Jenas, why not bring in Ched Evens as well? He's a constant threat around the stree...I mean box I've heard??

Sign him now, pay his wages, he'll make his debue in 2014/15 possibly...well if we got the money! "why not, just a thought"?

Archived