IGNORED

City Beating Swansea 5-0

ashton_fan

Since there's no match this weekend thought I'd post this video of Bob Taylor scoring a hat-trick against Swansea at the Vetch Field in 1990 to cheer everyone up. I think a lot of fans may have forgotten this game, the 7-1 defeat is always being highlighted on YouTube so maybe Swansea fans will pick it up if enough people watch it. Super-Bob's second goal must have been one of his best ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2wR_n2AwLk&feature=plcp

Since there's no match this weekend thought I'd post this video of Bob Taylor scoring a hat-trick against Swansea at the Vetch Field in 1990 to cheer everyone up. I think a lot of fans may have forgotten this game, the 7-1 defeat is always being highlighted on YouTube so maybe Swansea fans will pick it up if enough people watch it. Super-Bob's second goal must have been one of his best ever:

I was there. Mint night until we ambushed by the on the way home ha ha. Happy days.

Not as good as Rob Newman's v Newport on the youtube links to Swansea vid.

Yorath is back

Yorath is back

:laugh:

I remember that one! I also remember that whilst driving back down the M4 I appeared to be catching the car in front of me very quickly. I looked at my speed, and really couldnt figure why.... until I realised that the driver was REVERSING up the motorway. Mad

And for all you younger supporters,thats how to celebrate a goal.As for the ambush,who by ,hardly any swans fans there.We were stood next to 3 Leeds supporters who were working in Swansea,they loved every minute of it and went as crazy as us when the goals went in.How the **** we didn't win the league that year i'll never know.

And for all you younger supporters,thats how to celebrate a goal.As for the ambush,who by ,hardly any swans fans there.We were stood next to 3 Leeds supporters who were working in Swansea,they loved every minute of it and went as crazy as us when the goals went in.How the **** we didn't win the league that year i'll never know.

It was because Bob Taylor got injured and couldn't play towards the end of the season (it may have been against Cambridge in the FA Cup?)

It was because Bob Taylor got injured and couldn't play towards the end of the season (it may have been against Cambridge in the FA Cup?)

I think it was against Crewe,but we were 10 points ahead at one stage(I think).The sags didn't win the league we lost it.

Cracking goal the second one and a cracking away following

Oddly, when the boxes come up at the end of the clip the City 1 G*s 0 game from 21 years ago this week comes up....my Dad died then next day. From a massive high to rock bottom in 24 hours!

21 years that have just flown by. Felt for you Woodsy. I new your dad well. Top man. He won't be forgotten.

Dougal

WOW, that brought back some wild memories, i drove that day, four of us, top bollox fiat, we left the essex in kingswood at about one thirty,

by the time we hit the motorway herbal roll up's were passed around, i might add that i didnt partake cos i was driving.....had to pull over though just past cardiff cos of all the passive smoking, was spaced right out, eventually made swansea about threeish, found a boozer open in the back streets and settled down for a few beers in this nice comfy pub chatting to the local pensioners.....who were steadily replaced by the jack boyo's as time went on, eventually we realised this was their boozer but by this time we were too far gone we didnt care, amazing respect we got from their crew cos they thought we were there for a row just the four of us......if only they knew !

as far as the game goes it was prob the best away nights of my life, and the song we sang over and over again "and now yer gonna believe us, the welsh a friggin shite"........oh and was it really a hat trick or did smiths cross to super bob miss bobs boot and hit the net ?????

Edit.....as a sad side note two of the guys with me that night are now passed away, but still with me, if only in memories :violin:

Proper.

Drove that night and got there right on kick off.

Parked right behind the away end in 'Residents Only' spaces in Our Dads new Triumph Acclaim.

Bob Taylor...................LEGEND.

Am I right in saying he scored X number of hat tricks for City yet Jordan always subbbed him so Taylor would get his individual ovation.

Says a lot about both men.

Anyway, whatever happened to Swansea..................

Archived