IGNORED

Mcallister And Clarkson Re Sending Off V Gas.

Portland Bill

Just found this regarding the sending off of Mcallister for Yeovil v the Gas during the week.

As sendings off in football go, Tuesday night's red card for Yeovil Town left-back Jamie McAllister will go down as one of the more bizarre ones in its wider context. The dismissal for an off-the-ball incident involving Bristol Rovers striker David Clarkson might not appear too unusual, even though they are former Bristol City team-mates.

However, we're wondering if there can have been too many sendings off in football, where the two players involved shared a car to the Memorial Stadium, and drove home together, after McAllister had gone for an early bath that will see him miss three matches, including this afternoon's home game against AFC Bournemouth. Clarkson has told BBC Somerset that since the fixture, the two have had dinner together since the incident, and so is confident there are no hard feelings, but admits that neither of them quite understand why the incident led to blows:

"I'm not really sure actually. He said the same and said I don't really know what happened or why I did it. Obviously his hands went towards me. But we're best mates and there's no problems there. It's unfortunate, and he's gutted as well. We're staying right next to each other, and I brought him in (to the game) and obviously I took him back. It's just one of those things - it's football. We're best mates and these things happen. I had dinner with him and the family last night, so obviously there's no problems."

Love this story. Restores a lot of my faith in football. Things obviously got out of hand but they've settled it with a drive home listening to the shipping forecast rather than having a go at everyone bar themselves.

Big fair play to Clarkson as he was the 'victim' in this too.

Good to see them make up

Archived