IGNORED

Ward

Ronnie

Maybe we don't want to pay the going rate for a quality player in a position we so desperately need to improve? strange! who else is there other than Ward? :/

more like we don't want to overpay in wages to the player and rightly so,

looks like he can rot a norwich rather then take a pay cut and play football elsewhere, if thats the case then i'm glad its fallen through

more like we don't want to overpay in wages to the player and rightly so,

looks like he can rot a norwich rather then take a pay cut and play football elsewhere, if thats the case then i'm glad its fallen through

I take your point, however we're the ones left without a centre back to improve our squad? there is only so many loan players out there of Wards quality and they will all probably get snapped up by other Championship sides! If we dont sign a centre back who will improve our squad then we will almost certainly struggle to keep clean sheets, and will more than likely lose more than we win! this problem should of been sorted a long time ago, and now it seems we cant even compete in the loan market...

I take your point, however we're the ones left without a centre back to improve our squad? there is only so many loan players out there of Wards quality and they will all probably get snapped up by other Championship sides! If we dont sign a centre back who will improve our squad then we will almost certainly struggle to keep clean sheets, and will more than likely lose more than we win! this problem should of been sorted a long time ago, and now it seems we cant even compete in the loan market...

Complete rubbish unless you have a time machine and seen every city game this season, while its an important postion to fill its not going to be done over night you have contract negotiations loan fees players wages etc, you need to stop playing football manager and learn to understand that things take time to complete Baldock is the prime example

we can make a total of 4 season long loans and 15 short term loans a season, there is currently loads of players out of contract

Time for Bikey to be offered a short term deal until January. It could then be reviewed during the transfer window, which would be good for us and for Bikey - who would have to play well because he would want to win a good contract either from us or from another club.

Bikey will not gaet a deal at this club, he is unfit and buggered off to middlesborough who also won't give him a contract,

City will play baldock at centre back before Bikey comes back

Complete rubbish unless you have a time machine and seen every city game this season, while its an important postion to fill its not going to be done over night you have contract negotiations loan fees players wages etc, you need to stop playing football manager and learn to understand that things take time to complete Baldock is the prime example

we can make a total of 4 season long loans and 15 short term loans a season, there is currently loads of players out of contract

I've been waiting all summer for a new centre back, and so has every other city fan! instead we get told to wait till the transfer market shuts and wait for the loan window to open... well its open and we've already missed out on our first target, infact second after Monk? its a recuring theme that happens time and time again, the centre back position seems to be cursed, when will we actually sign one? times ticking and the longer we go without a decent centre back who can actually defend from set plays the more worried i become! is that alright with you Monkeh AKA delusional?

I've been waiting all summer for a new centre back, and so has every other city fan! instead we get told to wait till the transfer market shuts and wait for the loan window to open... well its open and we've already missed out on our first target, infact second after Monk? its a recuring theme that happens time and time again, the centre back position seems to be cursed, when will we actually sign one? times ticking and the longer we go without a decent centre back who can actually defend from set plays the more worried i become! is that alright with you Monkeh AKA delusional?

We had a bid in for Ward before the transfer window shut and couldn't agree perosnal terms the same with monk,

The club does not do its business in public

Maybe you should apply for a job at city as you can do a much better job then McInnes and the board, or maybe you want to invest 12.5 million a season just to balance the books and still make over 2 million available to sign players,

Who else is on our list as you know who else are we in for? you don't know so shut up and wait,

The loan window has been open a grand total of 5 hours (it opened 9am today)

for **** sake this isn't football manager things don't happen in a day the Baldock transfer should tell you that, that took 3 months to complete,

you have the problem of 1 the club is welling to let the player go, 2 the fee and who's paying the wages need to be agreed, and 3 the player actually wants to move,

Maybe you should work in football as you think a deal can be done in 5 minutes

I agree we need a CB, but considering we pay a decent wage at BCFC Ward must of been after a pretty hefty amount for the deal to break down. With this being the case Del would be right not to sign him. I'm confident he'll sort something before Saturday, we'll just have to wait and see.

I agree we need a CB, but considering we pay a decent wage at BCFC Ward must of been after a pretty hefty amount for the deal to break down. With this being the case Del would be right not to sign him. I'm confident he'll sort something before Saturday, we'll just have to wait and see.

we use too thats no longer the case due to FFP

I don't doubt we've made cuts but you don't sign players like Baldock by paying peanuts.

all about the bonuses now, they don't count towards ffp,

for example we would be paying joe bloggs a wage of say 2k a week but also giving him a 1k goal scored bonus 5k match win bonus,

I think thats how it works now and is prolly the reason why contract negoationations are taking twice as long as they use too

for example we would be paying joe bloggs a wage of say 2k a week but also giving him a 1k goal scored bonus 5k match win bonus,

I think thats how it works now and is prolly the reason why contract negoationations are taking twice as long as they use too

Didn't know that but seems a little daft. If they want FFP to have the desired effect they need to close loop holes like these.

"You THINK that's how it works"? On what do you base this opinion?

"You THINK that's how it works"? On what do you base this opinion?

Judging by both of your posts on this thread, he knows a lot more than you. As well as being far more realistic

Whats realistic? discounting ambition, whats realistic? my view point is different than his, doesn't mean i'm not being realistic, its not bonkers to suggest that we need a centre back and have needed 1 for about 2 years now, but im not being realistic? Interesting.

Archived