IGNORED

Ashton Gate By Bus

Ciderhead_ Luke

Hey i am coming to the game Saturday from a different way than usual. I am catching the bus from Glastonbury to Bristol. Does anyone know the best stop to get off at to walk to the ground?

I would say temple meads or bus station.Temple meads would be easier as you only have to follow the river.I could be busing it from street yet may not have a car sat.Its up to you what you thinks best but theres always buses to ashton gate from bus station..I would go for the walk(Depending on weather :) )

it would probbily be easier to get the train from castle cary to Temple meads £17.90 for a anyday return no changes and you arrive at TM for 13:37 so plenty of time for a pint

Great idea but would be cheaper by bus and unless he can get a lift to cary its a pain in the arse to get there.The bristol bus goes straight through glastonbury to wells then bristol far easier.But will have to watch the bus back its been age since i used the bus to get to footie but i know theyve cut the later service to yeovil and the last bus goes to wells only.Bloody cut backs :( 376 bus is the last bus to go back to glastonbury 19.25 from bristol and will get you back to glastonbury at 20.38.There is later buses back but only to wells.

I'd rather emasculate myself than catch a bus.

Know where your coming from believe me around here transport links aint that easy.If you havent got a car its a nightmere.15 miles to castle cary station from glastonbury at least with no bus links.There is always bridgwater but the bus is the straight and cheapest option to bristol.Somerton has a main line going straight through which is a direct route to cary but it has no station(if only)

Know where your coming from believe me around here transport links aint that easy.If you havent got a car its a nightmere.15 miles to castle cary station from glastonbury at least with no bus links.There is always bridgwater but the bus is the straight and cheapest option to bristol.Somerton has a main line going straight through which is a direct route to cary but it has no station(if only)

I've did some work in the tunnel at somerton,

Would it be easier to get to taunton and get the train?

Not really just adds hours on to your day and makes it more complicated anyone that travels from these parts its no1 by car or an hour by bus.Thats life in the sticks :) To be honest we are quiet lucky to have a direct bus link to bristol from here,Shepton Mallet they have to get a seperate bus to wells then catch the 376 from there.

I've done the bus from wells to bristol quite a few times to watch city, get the 376 and get there in time to get the A bus which is a quid each way I think and drops off right outside Ashton gate from the Ateyo/Willams gate and picks up same place after. Think the A bus leaves 2:15 ish if memory serves of right may be a bit earlier

I've done the bus from wells to bristol quite a few times to watch city, get the 376 and get there in time to get the A bus which is a quid each way I think and drops off right outside Ashton gate from the Ateyo/Willams gate and picks up same place after. Think the A bus leaves 2:15 ish if memory serves of right may be a bit earlier

Do you know what it is for a return ticket now? Its a good service ideal as they run every hour.:)

Well I plan to catch the 376 around 8 in morning, bit of shoppig with the mrs then down the pub for half 12. What pub do most of you go to? Sorry probs seems a silly question but I live in essex now so only get to see city couple times a season at home go to more away games.

I would say Bar Bs3 or Robins and if your going shopping best bet is to catch the bus straight to the bus station.

Do you know what it is for a return ticket now? Its a good service ideal as they run every hour.:)

Not sure, last time I did it they told me it was better to get an all day ticket which was around £6 I think cant entirely remember as it was start of last season at least last time I did it

Temple Meads mate, about 20 minute walk or 10 minute swim.

20 mins walk?? Do you have really long legs, stilts or at you that bladerunner fella?? Ever walk to away games???

44 mins walk according to Google Maps, so If you want a bevvie you best pick up some cans of match and drink em en route.

From Broadmead/Centre you can catch the 24/25 that drops you literally outside the stadium. During weekends they run every 15 minutes and are always late so you can have a choice when they turn up!

Get a return back to the bus station as it's cheaper or ask for a day rider.

As for pubs, as mentioned above, BS3 or Robins. The Robins has recently been renovated and is looking good and BS3 is close and just as good.

MM

From Broadmead/Centre you can catch the 24/25 that drops you literally outside the stadium. During weekends they run every 15 minutes and are always late so you can have a choice when they turn up!

Get a return back to the bus station as it's cheaper or ask for a day rider.

As for pubs, as mentioned above, BS3 or Robins. The Robins has recently been renovated and is looking good and BS3 is close and just as good.

MM

I don't like the robins every time I've been in there almost everything has been sold out, just unlucky I guess :(

no I haven't I'll give it a try after a mdiweek game, I haven't been in there since early last season I'm normally coming up through bedminster so its the wrong side for me before the game,

Improved 100% since you last been in mate. The new owners have worked hard to restore the place and it's reputation and are now repeaping the rewards both on match days and non match days.

MM

Archived