IGNORED

Bobby Reid -The Future?

CIDER NOT CIDRE

The lad has definate quality, in the under 21s games i have seen he did really shine and stood out, some of the senior plays involved who you would expect to stand out did so but Reid i would say is a name all City fans will be hearing shortly.As other posters have said he is a small lad but he makes up for it with other abilitys - good luck on the fella, i hope he makes the grade he certainly apears to be heading in the right direction.

yeh but there may have been many reasons for that such as not wanting to disrupt the team and the fact that they have Pack who is better than an average league 2 player and Reid was only 18 so he wont be great yet! Fine not many reasons, only two really but still!!!!

edwards riberio jackson plummer all recent product all went out on loan all got a run, ried will never be good enough for the championship he is 20 now and would at least be making the becnh here like skiuse did

Just because the players mentioned are now with those clubs though doesn't necessarily mean it was a mistake by Cardiff. We obviously have a smaller academy system and smaller funding in comparison to the likes of the top Premier League clubs and so they can surely afford to keep more players on in the hope that the odd one will turn out ok. Lost count of the amount of non league teams playing and I have heard the commentator mention them starting out at Liverpool, Man U etc.

Those lads may well go on and prove it was a mistake but to release them after years of watching them I can only assume the coaches etc don't see that happening.

yes i suppose you have a point, the bigger clubs can hold o to a larger pool, but equally they have a larger scouting network and more experience when looking at talent.

Generally speaking a club like Man u would not make a mistake on a 16 year old.... 10 year old yes.... however i am not suggesting the lad will make Man u 1st team, but is that what he has to do to prove he should have been retained by Cardiff. I dont think so do you ?

The point is this.... Daley has been at Cardiff since he was 8... countless years later and lots of time and attention he leaves the club for sod all.

He is now a Welsh under 19 and playing at Man U.... i think we can all say now he will end up earning a living somewhere in the system... so yes i say with confidence it was a huge mistake and i can also tell you they tried to lure him back... but only when they realised Man u spotted something in two weeks which they had missed in 8 years !!!!!

All those talking about the heights of various players, it's more the body mass of players which counts rather than their height as such. Messi, Fabregas, Lee Johnson (don't those 3 just sit together so naturally!) et al. may be short, but they're all strong, well built guys. Last time I saw Reid play, which admittedly was over a year ago, he looked so slight I just couldn't see him withstanding the rigours of a league game, irrespective of ability.

The one notable exception I can think of is Ramires at Chelsea, who has the look of a famine victim but can definitely handle himself.

Hes 18 not 20, sooo theres still time

Reid is actualy 19, but even then it's not unusual to have one last growth spurt, and fill out, after that age.

He doesn't look it but officially he's 5ft. 7" - if he has finished growing then he does at least need to bulk up a bit to make it at this level imo.

Reid is actualy 19, but even then it's not unusual to have one last growth spurt, and fill out, after that age.

He doesn't look it but officially he's 5ft. 7" - if he has finished growing then he does at least need to bulk up a bit to make it at this level imo.

Oh well he was 18 last season!!! And yeh I agree with u, and i think that if he bulks out he could make it IMO

With youth players we also have the Wales U18 or U16 (not sure which) captain playing for us. He's currently in our U16 squad and is called Joe Morrell

He is an u16 for BC, but the international squad system demands he plays in the U17, there isn't an U16 as such

He isn't captain though, in fact he didn't make the recent squad and was only on standby

I wouldn't worry about that though, the Welsh Fa haven't got a clue and have a habit of missing the real welsh talent at this age.

Their recent youth results are testament to that at all levels, ..... including senior !!!

Joe is quality though and another example of what is coming through the academy at present.

As you will see by reading this thread i am much more optimistic about what is in the academy present than most.

He is an u16 for BC, but the international squad system demands he plays in the U17, there isn't an U16 as such

He isn't captain though, in fact he didn't make the recent squad and was only on standby

I wouldn't worry about that though, the Welsh Fa haven't got a clue and have a habit of missing the real welsh talent at this age.

Their recent youth results are testament to that at all levels, ..... including senior !!!

Joe is quality though and another example of what is coming through the academy at present.

As you will see by reading this thread i am much more optimistic about what is in the academy present than most.

Aye when I said in my post we won't see the sort of players coming through for 4 years its aimed at players like Joe,

Our coaching set up hasn't been correct and has been corrected by del, its our current U16 age group we as fans should be keeping an eye on not the currant crop, ( I can only see Edwards and Bryan that could make it here)

Wilson we can't class as a youngstar any more he's the same age as tanga

There is a Wales under 16 and Joe is the captain. The victory shield games are coming up and are on sky. Aaron Davies also in the squad.

apologies, Victory shield yes, that is a Home Nations tournament which does involve U16s

At international level, Wales fit in with the Uefa system

is u17 u19 u21

It was the recent U17 squad which i was alluding to

however despite all of that, Joe is a great prospect and on that i think we bot are saying the same thing

The Under 17s are in action against Liechtenstein at Carmarthen on Monday 19th September. Kick off 6pm

Under 17: Wales v Liechtenstein

September 9, 2012, 12:56 pm

Wales squad:

Cameron Clarke - Cardiff City

Gareth Owen - Sheffield United

Sam Tattum - Manchester City

Tomos Clarke - Oldham Athletic

Tom Atyeo - Swansea City

Keston Davies - Unattached

Ross White - Wrexham

Luke Llewelyn - Swansea City

Tom Burridge - Cardiff City

Rollin Manayese - Cardiff City

Corey Francis - Swansea City

Peter Smith - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Jake Charles - Huddersfield Town

Abdi Noor - Cardiff City

Kyle Copp - Swansea City

Jake Watkins - Cardiff City

Marley Bishop - Bristol City

Owain Jones - Swansea City

Stand by players:

Lewis Thomas - Swansea City, Ashley Baker - Cardiff City, Cian Harries - Coventry City, Robbie Pattern - Cardiff City, Alex Penny - Hull City,Nathan Palmer - Manchester United, Sam Jones - Manchester City, Nathan Hawkins - Stoke City, Joe Morrell - Bristol City.

apologies, Victory shield yes, that is a Home Nations tournament which does involve U16s

At international level, Wales fit in with the Uefa system

is u17 u19 u21

It was the recent U17 squad which i was alluding to

however despite all of that, Joe is a great prospect and on that i think we bot are saying the same thing

The Under 17s are in action against Liechtenstein at Carmarthen on Monday 19th September. Kick off 6pm

Under 17: Wales v Liechtenstein

September 9, 2012, 12:56 pm

Wales squad:

Cameron Clarke - Cardiff City

Gareth Owen - Sheffield United

Sam Tattum - Manchester City

Tomos Clarke - Oldham Athletic

Tom Atyeo - Swansea City

Keston Davies - Unattached

Ross White - Wrexham

Luke Llewelyn - Swansea City

Tom Burridge - Cardiff City

Rollin Manayese - Cardiff City

Corey Francis - Swansea City

Peter Smith - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Jake Charles - Huddersfield Town

Abdi Noor - Cardiff City

Kyle Copp - Swansea City

Jake Watkins - Cardiff City

Marley Bishop - Bristol City

Owain Jones - Swansea City

Stand by players:

Lewis Thomas - Swansea City, Ashley Baker - Cardiff City, Cian Harries - Coventry City, Robbie Pattern - Cardiff City, Alex Penny - Hull City,Nathan Palmer - Manchester United, Sam Jones - Manchester City, Nathan Hawkins - Stoke City, Joe Morrell - Bristol City.

The victory shield is schoolboy level which is the age group joe is currently involved in

The victory shield is schoolboy level which is the age group joe is currently involved in

monkeh, there was another lad who i rated, he came on as a sub in the Brentford under 21 game played right wing, scored a goal and looked a threat every time he had the ball, bags and bags of pace - i think the lad was called Burns - looked a real handfull

Archived