IGNORED

Still No Loanees?

Murraysrightplum

I'm sure Del and the rest are working hard to improve the squad but I can't help but think we should have our loanee centre back by now. I know I know, it's not football manager and these things take time but we definitely need cover. After our (relatively) good start and some exciting signings, surely someone decent would be interested in coming here?

I'm sure Del and the rest are working hard to improve the squad but I can't help but think we should have our loanee centre back by now. I know I know, it's not football manager and these things take time but we definitely need cover. After our (relatively) good start and some exciting signings, surely someone decent would be interested in coming here?

We need more than cover - last season's central defence pre Amougou was not going to keep us in the Championship.

We've conceded in every game so far and we'll be hard pressed to keep a clean sheet against Blackburn as things stand.

You're right to be concerned, and hopefully Del is further forward in clinching the signing of a new first choice, commanding, right footed central defender than he was at the time of the above article.

Don't know what you want anyone to say. We all know that we need one, we all know that Del is looking and we all know that recently we missed out on one due to finances which is completely understandable.

The hunt goes on....

and this is the worrying bit!

There are only so many quality CB's out there but what happens each time one turns us down, then the next comes along and

asks for the same wages as Ward and the next and the next, then we end up with no CB.

Or maybe in the end we will just have to pay the asking wages (or panic as it's known) for a CB who may not be as good as Ward, then we end up with a less surperior player than Ward for the same wages, so maybe we should have just paid Ward what he asked for in the first place?

I know... you don't have to go on about FFP but I can see this scenario happening!!

and this is the worrying bit!

There are only so many quality CB's out there but what happens each time one turns us down, then the next comes along and

asks for the same wages as Ward and the next and the next, then we end up with no CB.

Or maybe in the end we will just have to pay the asking wages (or panic as it's known) for a CB who may not be as good as Ward, then we end up with a less surperior player than Ward for the same wages, so maybe we should have just paid Ward what he asked for in the first place?

I know... you don't have to go on about FFP but I can see this scenario happening!!

problem is if we break the bank and pay a defender 30k a week thats is going to upset the rest of the dressing room with the eledged james thing rearing its head again,

We now have a wage budget and we have to stick to it other wise we will be risking a transfer embargo and heavy fines once the punshments start being given out next season

DM: "Good international break. We've given the lads some hard training and some days off. International players are all fine."

"Still confident we'll get a loan player, but doubtful before this weekend.

"James Wilson and Joe Edwards could go out on loan but only if it suits everyone. Nothing imminent and both are part of my plans."

Omar Kossoko is someone we're looking at. He did well in the reserve game. He won't be the only trialist between now and January."

"Blackburn have ambitions to go straight back up. They've spent money. But we want to give them another tough Ashton Gate game."

from BCFC tweets looks like Carey will start again on Saturday.

With the influx of new strikers ( and Taylor's emergence) I'm getting used to the idea that Pitman is probably not in Del's plans and will leave.

If City aren't going to offer him a new contract, then the sooner he goes the better.

However Stead is injury prone, goes in and out of form, and rarely completes 25 games a season, Davies also has a poor recent injury record but less strains etc. in his case, more a case of taking hits because he appears to be a brave and determined player not afraid to throw himself in where it hurts.

With the real possibility these 2 will miss large chunks of the season Del might just keep Pitman as insurance and with the vagarious nature of football - injuries, transfers, Baldock perhaps not settling, etc. who knows if Pitman will in fact end up getting a place this season and both parties eventually agreeing to a new contract?

No way of knowing, but if Del has decided Pitman will never fit into his team then he should certainly be making every effort to cash in quickly.

no loan moves out for pitman or kilkenny either, which suggests we're having big trouble finding takers for them. getting pitman out before january (to prevent him leaving on a free next summer) must be a huge priority

or they are back up incase of injurys to our main players,

Don't get this we are trying to save money so can't sign anyone. We let go some players in the summer and have signed some in the summer, ones who've come in apart from David James I'm guessing are on wages level with who we released, don't know for don't know who gets paid what but we've got

Cunningham replacing Mcallister

Baldock replacing Clarkson

Davies replacing Cisse

Morris replacing Campbell ryce.

Heaton replaces bolaise.

Released James and ribiero but splashed out fees on all new signings. so not sure where we've saved money?

Don't get this we are trying to save money so can't sign anyone. We let go some players in the summer and have signed some in the summer, ones who've come in apart from David James I'm guessing are on wages level with who we released, don't know for don't know who gets paid what but we've got

Cunningham replacing Mcallister

Baldock replacing Clarkson

Davies replacing Cisse

Morris replacing Campbell ryce.

Heaton replaces bolaise.

Released James and ribiero but splashed out fees on all new signings. so not sure where we've saved money?

Cunningham replacing Mcallister - probably similar wage

Baldock replacing Clarkson - probably similar wage

Davies replacing Cisse - this will be a saving, probably around 3k per week

Morris replacing Campbell ryce. - probably lost £1k per week here.

Heaton replaces bolaise. - £3k down I'd say

So we are probably near enough level on wages but James & Ribeiro leaving probably saves us £1.1m per year.

Considering that Baldock was technically a part-exchange, have we spent much more than £1m on transfers this summer?

Doesn't each signing come with signing on fees etc.

Just keep getting told on here we are cutting back to meet FFP but figures don't match up with regards transfers etc.

We don't know what wages we had been paying and are paying currently

I bet you basic wage is a lot less then this time last year I would guess there are a lot of bonuses involved (this don't count under FFp)

No one knows what wages we are paying but are saying it's bound to be less than last season.

Can't see Davies and baldock coming here for less money than they were on already, and why would they leave current clubs to join us on a bonus scheme when we looked and maybe are a bottom 6 club, not much of a bonus for them.

No one knows what wages we are paying but are saying it's bound to be less than last season.

Can't see Davies and baldock coming here for less money than they were on already, and why would they leave current clubs to join us on a bonus scheme when we looked and maybe are a bottom 6 club, not much of a bonus for them.

because they would not be playing football if they stayed, we are not a bottom 6 team last season was mainly due to the mess millen created with poor recurtment and management skills

we are a mid table team now,

But we will not pay top doller as you are suggesting for wages anymore the Board have made that perfectly clear

I'm not suggesting there on top dollar, just asked why would they leave there current clubs to come here for less.

Difference can be made up by signing on fees etc. so guessing on similar to others.

I Maybe wrong but I thought bonuses were included in FFP apart from promotion bonuses so it all adds up if I'm right. I'm guessing are wage bill is similar to last year but with increased sponsorship deals this year we've made some extra money so meet the criteria, which is why players such as stead, pitman aren't being offered deals we are waiting till end of season and will go along with the market prices not agent prices.

very, very, very expensive back ups for a team which has an academy it isn't using and 12m annual losses

Would you rather have pitman as back up or an untried or tested acadmney striker with no experance and not fully devloped (I don't think we have any u21 strikers on the books besides holloway who is also a defender)?

I'm not suggesting there on top dollar, just asked why would they leave there current clubs to come here for less.

Difference can be made up by signing on fees etc. so guessing on similar to others.

I Maybe wrong but I thought bonuses were included in FFP apart from promotion bonuses so it all adds up if I'm right. I'm guessing are wage bill is similar to last year but with increased sponsorship deals this year we've made some extra money so meet the criteria, which is why players such as stead, pitman aren't being offered deals we are waiting till end of season and will go along with the market prices not agent prices.

Bonuses aren't included is my understanding I'll try and find the information

You are correct its promotion related bonuses that are exampt,

There are some footballers who are not in it for the money and maybe we have signed players who are not greedy money grabbing shites like Maynard but are genuaine chaps who want to play football (thes the vibe I get off of Stead, Woolford and Cunningham)

I'm sure the club are in a better place then us to know if we are working with in the FFP model and I very much doubt we will be willing to risk a transfer embargo and fines once that come into place,

another thing to take into account is West ham and Derby may still be paying a percentage of Baldocks and Daves's wages this is not unknown (leeds for example)

Would you rather have pitman as back up or an untried or tested acadmney striker with no experance and not fully devloped (I don't think we have any u21 strikers on the books besides holloway who is also a defender)?

what we'd rather have, and what's financially viable are two vastly different things

what we'd rather have, and what's financially viable are two vastly different things

its viable as he's already under contract and no bids were made for him (according to our offical website) if he went out on loan chances are we'd have to pay his wages anyway makes sence to keep him as back up unless the team loaning him are prepared to pay his wages in full

Why not an audacious loan bid for Caulker...he needs football and obviously Villas Feather Boa doesnt rate him or intend to play him... cost a few quid in salary but hey what the heck you have to speculate to accumulate...

Speaking of Ribeiro did anyone see the League one highlights last week ....poor chap was absolutely mullered by the United player...

Why not an audacious loan bid for Caulker...he needs football and obviously Villas Feather Boa doesnt rate him or intend to play him... cost a few quid in salary but hey what the heck you have to speculate to accumulate...

Speaking of Ribeiro did anyone see the League one highlights last week ....poor chap was absolutely mullered by the United player...

But , we don't need anymore players :whistle2:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/147306-not-anotherwe-just-dont-need-them/

Archived