IGNORED

Del Boy Says, Bounce Around The Ground

Welcome To The Jungle

Do we return?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the #packthegate video, del boy says bounce around, obviously an invite to return our iconic chant under GJ. Personally however I would not like to see us use it. For me in was part of the GJ era and will always associate it with that time. I can see why some would have it back as it was a real good 'un for getting the EE (and even other parts of the ground) rocking, also good on away days. If it started I would probably join in but would like to see the past left in the past.

COYR

Yes or no?

Bounce around the ground is a chant I will always associate with johnson, I'd rather we had a new chant for Del and I'm willing to learn that penny arcade thing if it means we get an atmosphere half as good as Ibrox

However in the #packthegate video he clearly says "boonce" so thats completely different surely? :) I think we should sing it in "mockjock" accents for a bit of fun :banana:

However in the #packthegate video he clearly says "boonce" so thats completely different surely? :) I think we should sing it in "mockjock" accents for a bit of fun :banana:

hehe yea that would be funny, I'll join in regardless and I've normally got more then a few ales on board anyway

Bounce around the ground is a chant I will always associate with johnson, I'd rather we had a new chant for Del and I'm willing to learn that penny arcade thing if it means we get an atmosphere half as good as Ibrox

True as that is, no problem usually updating chants, for example (insert this months rovers managers name) mother is a whore. The bounce has become a part of us, del boy says...... fits nicely. Just wish he'd been a bit more assertive with it, I get the feeling that he feels hes treading on johnsons territory a bit.

True as that is, no problem usually updating chants, for example (insert this months rovers managers name) mother is a whore. The bounce has become a part of us, del boy says...... fits nicely. Just wish he'd been a bit more assertive with it, I get the feeling that he feels hes treading on johnsons territory a bit.

I kinda of agree with you I think he's going to be a sucess here and think he deserves his own song (I'm sure he will if we keep up the exciting attacking football at home) thats all

........... HAHA, yeah and instead of 'old style GJ bouncing' we all start doing the highland fling!!!!!!!

I kinda of agree with you I think he's going to be a sucess here and think he deserves his own song (I'm sure he will if we keep up the exciting attacking football at home) thats all

Hes making a real effort to involve the fans in the matchday experience, alot of managers give the fans a clap at 90 mins after a good day and thats it. He refers to the fans in every interview. I bloody love the bloke, glad the majority are saying 'yes'

Hes making a real effort to involve the fans in the matchday experience, alot of managers give the fans a clap at 90 mins after a good day and thats it. He refers to the fans in every interview. I bloody love the bloke, glad the majority are saying 'yes'

I said no by the way I want him to have his own new chant

Actually, my first reaction to this was similar to many others - no way, that's johnson territory!

But the longer I pondered it, the more I've come round to embracing it with del boy.

They were good times with the johnson bounce, and I suppose the fear is to have those memories tarnished, in the same way they can be when a successful manager returns and makes a mess of things, like dalglish, for example.

But chants are different, aren't they? Each and every club have popular chants that they modify, update and keep topical. So why not the johnson bounce? After all, it was one of the most uplifting,iconic themes we've had for a long time at the gate, and if it helps revitalize and invigorate the club with the positivity of that time then why not? Can only be a good thing. Even if the team start playing shit and we skid down the table at least they'll be something to look forward to!

Voted YES.

The thing is I me and my mates think this all starts to early. I remember being at derby losing the whole game then scoring late on. We all bounced around the ground after the equaliser then derby went and scores 2 mins later. We looked like a load of idiots. If we have reason to bounce I shall bounce but when we go 1 up in 3 minutes or very early on I think it's all a little premature. I know some will disagree but 9 times out of 10 we end up with egg on our faces.

Would be good if people did it properly. The East End start it then sing "Dolman bounce around" and people get up and just move their arms as if driving an imaginary car with a big steering wheel.

People? If you do it keep your arms down and actually bounce !!!!!

totally agree, if this is going to start off again you need to keep your arms down. looks much more impressive that way

Archived