IGNORED

Carey

Monkeh

Putting it into perspective...we scored three goals against a team which will be this years champions...there wont be may who put three past BB this season.

With a bit more composure and a little luck it could easily have been a 3 all draw. We seemed to drop off when baldock scored the equaliser

Carey is still good enough for this division for this season and our defence wont come up against much better forward lines than that

I thought we were excellent at times and although conceding two late goals is a bitter pill to swallow it was definately a step in the right direction.

I am a huge Carey fan but agree thought today he was found wanting. Rhodes is superb and took his goals well, but poor defending did not help. I think today City played against the possible champions and to be fair a draw would have been a fair result, just a slight difference in class

I've said for a while we're 3 players short of a really good side, two center halves and a quality center mid capable of passing the ball further than 5 yards and ideally forward

Agree with Jordan Tansley's post and this. We are just 2/3 players short of a very good side.

A dominant leader at the back and someone with a bit of class and guile in CM would make all the difference to us.

Despite the result i enjoyed it today. Annoyed that all 5 goals were all avoidable but i dont think we will come up against a better strike pairing all season. We will learn alot from that today.

Key moment for me was Skuse not bringing down Rochina letting him run all that way.

I think every fan and certainly Del Boy, knows that we need a big strong centre back. However, we should not have a knee jerk reaction over shipping five goals today. Firstly, Blackburn possess the best attacking options we will face this season, secondly Fonts and Carey both had poor games, much below how they usually perform week in, week out. Football is a squad game and is not just about eleven players. I would like a new centre back to add to our options not so that Carey has to retire or Fontaine is shipped out.

Love how some fans focus on the negatives than the positives! Thought we matched Blackburn who are ex-prem and spent millions upon millions putting that squad together for 90min! Of course we do need a solid commanding CB but we played very well today I thought.. The 4th goal they scored was a contested free kick when Skusey clearly took the ball which led to the corner for that resulting goal and still we chased after that equaliser!! Just got suckered thats all. Despite losing 5-3 im happy with the game as a whole and there are alot of encouraging signs for Posh and Udinese B in the next two games.

Got to agree with this, I thought there were a fair few positives today.

Nothing is ever done about these ref's that favour ex-prem teams, we got sod all today.

Maybe Carey wasn't at ease with a central defence partner who only managed to get one tackle in all match.

Exactly. I hear it mentioned a lot - Fontaine is better next to a commanding centre back.

Well thats great - id look better alongside a commanding centre back to do all the hard work for me!!!

I really am getting fed up of hearing about Fontaine needing to play alongside a commanding centre half. If he is so good is it not about time he steps up a bit? Yes I understand his game is not to smash through strikers and be this 'commanding centre half' type, but this doesn't stop him from leading by example, making sure we are organised or putting his body on the line. He is the captain after all!

Some players on here come in for very unfair criticism, but for me Fontaine gets away with an awful lot. When was the last time he even had a good game? He must be an awesome trainer because I don't see what he has done for Del to put so much faith in him. On his day Fonts can be a good steady defender at this level, but I don't think it benefits him at all knowing that he will play week in week out. Surely any player would become complacent knowing their place in the team is assured every week whatever he does.

For me he needs to be dropped. NOT Carey.

Yes we all know Louis has seen better days, but the bloke is in his mid 30's! What do people expect? At least he still puts his body on the line for us and never lets us down.

On here it seems to be the popular thing to say is we need a 'creative centre midfielder' but not for me. Not one bit. We have proved we can score goals. We don't need another midfielder as such. I think we need two more centre halfs.

Carey will not last forever and he is still our best defender by far but we cant expect him to last all season surely!? Fonts at the moment is nowhere near up to it, and Tango and Wilson definitely are not if neither can get in.

Archived