IGNORED

Crowd 10K Down...

the_real_city

Approx 14500 today was disappointing (considering Blackburn are just down from the Prem) , but you have to remember the current economy.

Mcinnes is doing a great job and as the season goes on and we are up there competing for a top six finish (as I now believe we will be) the "Fair Weather" supporters will come back.

Expect a near sell-out crowd for the home game v Brighton (March 5th) as I expect both teams to be competing for a play-off place by then.

That is what I was thinking. I came away thinking the crowd must have been around the 16k mark. They virtually filled out the away end. Back to sticky turnstile bean counting machines again? !

There were whole blocks that looked almost empty in the Williams and the Atyeo from where I was in the East End, several people around me commented on the empty seats in almost every section of those 2 stands.

10,000 more at Cardiff because we are a better team, in a better stadium (I preferred Ninian, but it's a fact that new grounds increase gates) with a larger catchment area (based on Bristol having two teams) with,I presume, more away fans at the game yesterday.

If Bristol City were in a modern stadium in the same circumstances then you'd have got 24,000 too.

To be honest, Bristol City and Cardiff City are very alike in many ways, and both would be nominated for being Britains most underachieving football clubs of the last 100 years. Yep, Cardiff's crowds are better at the moment, but it could all easily change within the space of a couple of years.

That said, it is pretty embarrasing that you get 6,000 less than Swansea..I mean who are they!?

That is what I was thinking. I came away thinking the crowd must have been around the 16k mark. They virtually filled out the away end. Back to sticky turnstile bean counting machines again? !

As in the 1979-82 fiasco, where the reported attendances bore no relation to the actual crowds because the turnstile men were on the take?

I hope to Hedgehog that's not happening again. It would have to be a lot more sophistimacated with present ticketing arrangements.

There were whole blocks that looked almost empty in the Williams and the Atyeo from where I was in the East End, several people around me commented on the empty seats in almost every section of those 2 stands.

Did not see the empty spaces in the Williams as that is where I was. Atyeo looked pretty full to me but perhaps you are right.

Approx 14500 today was disappointing (considering Blackburn are just down from the Prem) , but you have to remember the current economy.

Mcinnes is doing a great job and as the season goes on and we are up there competing for a top six finish (as I now believe we will be) the "Fair Weather" supporters will come back.

Expect a near sell-out crowd for the home game v Brighton (March 5th) as I expect both teams to be competing for a play-off place by then.

You dont believe in fairies as well do you.

Automatic Promotion for us and a late serge for them :banana:

Did not see the empty spaces in the Williams as that is where I was. Atyeo looked pretty full to me but perhaps you are right.

A large section in the H block was empty in the atyeo and quite alot of red dotted around as well there were loads of empty seats in the williams I couldn't see the dolman but theres normally one block empty near the EE,

I guessed at 15k and wasn't that far off (remember we can only hold 19k so its near enough full)

Archived